Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to someone who hurt your feelings~? =)

PROJECT: Simon

When someone hurt your feelings, would you stay positive and show kindness to them~? :D <3 <3 or show them anger~? T^T  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :o  :ooh:

Everyone in my school is hurting me~ xDDD But I intend to show kindness and smile~!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Brohoof 3

Everyone in my school is hurting me~

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. What are they saying/doing to you, if I may ask? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to, of course. But please know that you're always welcome to send me a private message, or reply to my post here, talk to me on skype, or whatever you want, if you ever want to talk about this. You are not alone.

As for how I've reacted when people have hurt my feelings, that has varied tremendously throughout my life. How I react to a given situation depends on a variety of factors, including what I think of the person who hurt me, what setting it took place in, how severe it was, what my mood was in the moment, and what my overall mental and spiritual state was at the time. 

I regret to say that, in real life, there have been times in the past when my reaction took the form of physical violence. This was during an isolated time in my past when I was going through a particularly lengthy and painful rough spot, but there's nothing that excuses what I did. I never actually hurt anyone, the most severe it got was 75% effort shoves. But that's still completely inappropriate. 

The majority of the time, however, I tend to either just ignore what happened and try to forget it, or if it's someone I talk to regularly I try to work it out with them. There have been times when that's gone well, and times when it hasn't. 

I've learned a lot from all of these experiences, and the older I get the harder it is to hurt or offend me. But I have still done and said things to people in my past that I am ashamed of, and the fact that some of it was in response to things done to me doesn't make it any better.

• Brohoof 6

Well, seeing as I have had my feelings hurt on many an occasion, I can safely say that I'd probably turn the other cheek and ignore it. I'm highly submissive and non-confrontational, but at the same time I'm not going to kill someone with kindness if they've nothing kind to say in return. I will remain civil and respectful to them, as I believe in the golden rule of treating others the way you'd like to be treated. If they want to issue an apology, I'm very much a forgive and forget type of person, but I don't usually have the interest, time, nor energy to actively try to patch things up myself or make everyone around me my friend. Life is too short to worry about what every last person thinks of you. I just strive to be as true to myself as I can be. I know I have a laundry list of shortcomings and am far from perfect, but the worthwhile people in this world will recognize the good and will be willing to extend a hand as a friend. Anyone who doesn't? Well, they're missing out on one cool cat. :smug:

And of course it goes without saying that the circumstances and people involved are important factors to consider as well.

• Brohoof 4

I would first of all find out "why" and "how". However, I usually suck it up and carry on - I am not really one to carry around burdens. 

Sometimes I get angry a lot about some friends or Bronies that blocked me for no reason. But I intended to move on to stay positive. Forget all the bad things that I remember and make joyful memories. That's the path I choose.

• Brohoof 1

Hurt feelings are kind of a difficult thing for me to talk about. I'm an aircraft maintainer in the US Air Force. Most of my coworkers are male, and our shifts are 12 hours long. In this kind of environment, 'hurt feelings' aren't really talked about. At best, you get absolute, unemotional professionalism. At worst, you get offensive remarks waved off as "just jokes" or "don't take it personally" so the problem only gets worse.

Personally, I try to avoid confrontation, so unfortunately my case usually becomes less 'show kindess' and more just 'avoid anger/sadness'. I like to think that people in school have more options, because they're not boxed into the label of either "useless girly-girl" or "evil witch".

• Brohoof 2

When someone hurt your feelings, would you stay positive and show kindness to them~? :D <3 <3 or show them anger~? T^T  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :o  :ooh:

Everyone in my school is hurting me~ xDDD But I intend to show kindness and smile~!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Please if you wouldn't mind elaborating.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in all sorts of hurtful situations. While the way I react varies from situation to situation, there is one common theme I see.

I've a tendency to accept everything others say and imply as true, and then I pin all my negative emotions on myself.

So, I often just bottle it up as I stare blankly and say nothing.

I hate confrontation, and since I always assume that I'm the one at fault, I say nothing in fear that I'll stir up more heat.

Toward the person themselves hurting me, I don't act angrily towards, nor kind. 

Like, if this was an adult, I would grovel and find some way to compensate for my incompetence. I guess I'd also do that to peers, as well, but not as much so.

• Brohoof 1

I would follow them home and burn down their house  :ph34r:

Joking ofc  ^_^

It depends entirely on who hurts my feelings, if its a close friend i would tell them that whatever they did or said hurt my friends, if they continued to do it i would cut all ties to them and never look back, if it were someone i knew but rarely associated with i would just not speak to them anymore. If it were someone who i didnt know then i would just completely ignore them, unless i were having a bad day, then i would confront them in some way, which usually ends up with them backing down and apologizing.  :mustache:

• Brohoof 3

I'm sorry that's happening, kids can be so mean.

I like your attitude about it, it's best to ignore them and be the better person. That's what I always do. Don't stoop to their level and never resort to violence. If it gets too bad don't be afraid to tell a teacher or a guidance counselor. It's not snitching if your looking out for yourself.

If you need advice I'm here for you as well.  :)

• Brohoof 2

Depends on what you mean. My feelings aren't easily hurt, but if someone insults me, I just normally insult back, not because my feelings are hurt (they mostly aren't) and not to hurt them, but just because I love arguing, even if I know my arguments are silly. I'm not a serious person. and I never mean it when I insult someone.

• Brohoof 1

Usually I make it known that I'm hurt but I'm too nice and forgiving sometimes.  It does depend on what they did, who they are to me, and what else was going on at the time.  I almost never confront someone about what they did if I can't do it through writing.  The more someone means to me the more likely I am to snap at them, but also when they get upset I tend to become submissive, even when it hurts me more.  Anyway I don't usually get mean unless I'm really provoked and really don't like the person.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on who the person hurting my feelings is and what they've said.

In most cases, I'll just brush off their words as "utter bullshit".

In the worst cases (this has actually happened to me before) A little chat behind the school usually works to put a stop to their nonsense. 

Edited by Lance Shield
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a friendly, kind and loving creature, so even if you were to hurt me in the most painful way possible I would still forgive you. Sure, I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't hate you! Its just my nature. I can't hold a grudge, even for a second.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1