Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Done with my OC but not satisfied yet. Any tips?

Aurelion Star

So im done with my new OC guys.

His name is aurelion star, i wanna finalize him so that i can start making the comic that is in my head.

Super excited.

To my fellow artists and bronies that will help me finish Aurelion.

I'll include your OC's ( with your permission) in my Comic.

But for now , help me with aurelion here 😭😭

IMG_20201207_102620_836.jpg

Aw, I like him! I quite like his colours and design, and especially his floofy ears, so I don't know if I really have much in the way of criticism. Is he supposed to have a cutie mark? :P

His palette seems to be spot on. Is a good one. Quite earthy (maybe that's what doesn't fit with your vision of the character?)

Regarding design, most things look good. Personally I'm wondering about the right eye, but of course, that's mostly about backstory and so. Maybe the expression is too hard or strong. Then again, is all about backstory and personality.

As for details on the picture, the only little issue (maybe I saw it wrong) is with the point where the tail seems to start. Maybe it's just me, but it looks a bit too up. Like a bit too short to reach the buttcheeks (closer to the hips than it should) but maybe (again) is just I didn't observe it right.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Kadae said:

Aw, I like him! I quite like his colours and design, and especially his floofy ears, so I don't know if I really have much in the way of criticism. Is he supposed to have a cutie mark? :P

I forgot about the cutie mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:BornAgainBrony:

9 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

His palette seems to be spot on. Is a good one. Quite earthy (maybe that's what doesn't fit with your vision of the character?)

Regarding design, most things look good. Personally I'm wondering about the right eye, but of course, that's mostly about backstory and so. Maybe the expression is too hard or strong. Then again, is all about backstory and personality.

As for details on the picture, the only little issue (maybe I saw it wrong) is with the point where the tail seems to start. Maybe it's just me, but it looks a bit too up. Like a bit too short to reach the buttcheeks (closer to the hips than it should) but maybe (again) is just I didn't observe it right.

I wanted to use neon green as the color for the mane , But it doesn't go well with the brown colored  body.

But I'm still trying some other combinations on him.

I'll continue to post my updates 😁

In regards with the tail.

Thank you for noticing that , still practicing where to draw the tail. Hahahhah, I'll do better next time

6 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

just two little suggestions. Like Jesse said above me, I'd move the tail back just a little. Since he's missing one eye, You should make the other more expressive. Besides those two things, I think he's wonderful!

What do you mean with making the other eye more expressive?

Like more uhmm?

Boom bam?

Attractive?

I'm kinda lost here hahahaha

52 minutes ago, dusk.night said:

I forgot about the cutie mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:BornAgainBrony:

I wanted to use neon green as the color for the mane , But it doesn't go well with the brown colored  body.

But I'm still trying some other combinations on him.

I'll continue to post my updates 😁

In regards with the tail.

Thank you for noticing that , still practicing where to draw the tail. Hahahhah, I'll do better next time

Like more uhmm?

Boom bam?

Attractive?

If you'll pick a neon color, make sure to not use black as a contrast. Aside from making the design tiresome to the eyes, you'd be using a combination I've seen in a hundred of OCs. It wouldn't be so original.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jesse Terrence said:

If you'll pick a neon color, make sure to not use black as a contrast. Aside from making the design tiresome to the eyes, you'd be using a combination I've seen in a hundred of OCs. It wouldn't be so original.

Roger that.

Thanks for the advice

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, dusk.night said:

Like more uhmm?

Boom bam?

Attractive?

Well, he's kind of squinting here. Open it more so it can be more noticeable.