Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RIP Chuck Yeager

Luigi

It was confirmed that just before 9 PM EST, former United States Brigadier General, Flying Ace and record setting test pilot Chuck Yeager passed away at the age of 97. 

In 1947, Yeager became the first pilot in history confirmed to have exceeded the speed of sound in level flight. This moment was recreated in the 1983 movie “The Right Stuff.” This story is still developing

• Brohoof 6

I remember in my German class...7th or 8th grade...we learned about him. It brings back memories. It is interesting to think that so many legends are no longer alive...97 is a good age to die at, he lived a hell of a life that is for sure. I hope he rests well, and good. He deserves it.

• Brohoof 4

This hit me harder than I would've thought.

He also has an indirect significance to MLP, since the impossible "Sonic Rainboom" that Rainbow Dash achieved was a direct parallel to Yeager's breach of the sound barrier. Many used to believe the sound barrier was unbreakable.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

This hit me harder than I would've thought.

He also has an indirect significance to MLP, since the impossible "Sonic Rainboom" that Rainbow Dash achieved was a direct parallel to Yeager's breach of the sound barrier. Many used to believe the sound barrier was unbreakable.

Many people think the speed of light is unbreakable. May they be proven wrong someday by a future version of chuck Yeager. 

• Brohoof 3