Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RIP Tony Bennett.

CastletonSnob

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tony-bennett-iconic-standards-singer-dies-96-rcna42450

Tony Bennett, one of the most beloved and recognizable voices in the history of American popular music, died Friday at 96, less than two weeks shy of his birthday, his publicist said in a statement.

Bennett died in his hometown of New York, Sylvia Weiner said. A cause was not immediately disclosed.

Bennett provided the soundtrack for generations of romantic evenings and proved that his timeless brand of standards could have broad, consistent appeal as the music industry shifted with the rise of rock and rap.

I was saddened by this sudden news. I love listening to his song and especially his voice that sounded almost like you could listen to it during a nice summer breeze through a static radio. One of the most recognizable voice and a genuine artist at that. I’m sure he have lived a long good life and I’m so thankful for this artist. It’s just really sad to see one of the greatest jazz artist to go as this genre tends to be long forgotten. Hopefully his legacy will move on and of course his music. Because I know I will never forget it nor stop listening to it. 

• Brohoof 1