Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NOT MY MAILBOX!

HowlingMadMurdock

So. I'm minding my business watching youtube at 12AM.. Normal. When all of a sudden. I hear a noise outside and my cat freaks out and runs growling at the door. So I investigate. Look outside. Nothing special.. nothing there. so I worry about the cat. because she (even now at 2:24AM) is still being very paranoid about the door.. My grandfather came home around 2. and said Our mailbox has met its demise.. Yup. Some crazy fool has run into our mailbox.. Left a big tire mark in the dirt. and a tire trail off into the night... Also took out the neighbors mailbox since it was on the same post as ours.

After grampa cleaned up the mailbox from all over the yard and piled it back in 1 spot.. This picture was all I could get.. Since it was dark. I couldn't see anything. My phone was dieing and after this picture it disabled my flash.. and I didn't want to end up getting attacked/run over like the poor mailbox..

Posted Image

So. When you hear a noise at night.. Make sure to check on your beloved mailbox friend.. For he/she may be dead... But bring a weapon.. In case it turns out to be a burglar trying to steal your mailbox stash in the basement!

Well, I hope you're not expecting any important mail soon :x

A cat that growl at the intruder? Are you sure it's not a dog? o_o

Well.. I am not sure... I can never see past that furry exterior. :(

Posted Image

The world may never know...

• Brohoof 3

I for one believe in the postal system, and as such I am appalled that someone has taken such a violent repression of innocent mailboxes. The full extent of the law should be applied in this case.

• Brohoof 3

The cat seems to have calmed down alot now! So Now I will be taking her off to bed. :) Then the mailbox will have a proper burial tomorrow... Well. The posts anyway. The boxes themselves seem to have tanked it all though! I have alerted the mail-police and they have assured me that they will do their best to find this murderer! Thank you all for your support through these hard times. Anyone who wishes to join in on the burial is welcome. Bring envelopes and/or Mail flags as a way of honoring the poor boxes.

(edited)

Mailbox, we never knew you as much as we now would've loved to, you were cruelly taken from us in a horrible attack, you went down fighting that vehicle and defending your lawn, we will never forget you. Sleep easy sweet prince. One minute of silence for mailbox please.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)
  • Brohoof 3