Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Faster Than Light (Check OOC before joining)

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

(I have to agree with that)

-Inside-

Apple Bloom had walked closer and observed the panel, she observed the misaligned part. "Well ah'll be interested in this. This is fascinatin' stuff!" the filly would exclaim, and as the clay one had instructed her upon these various tasks she would find herself willingly engaged with what was going on. She'd ask questions, and do the basic things that the clay one had instructed. She found herself having a great interest in how things worked around this ship and was willing to learn more should the gray one approve of it. Apple Bloom would keep the various information that she was taught in mind, and would build upon this knowledge as she was taught by the gray one, provided the gray one had allowed her to practice what she had learned on the various basics of the ship.

-Outside-

Scootaloo had gulped. She hesitated. As she hesitated, Afterglow had read the letter and felt quite pressured by what was going on. He stammered slightly and looked back to them, Scootaloo would exclaim, "They don't know anything about a dead filly!" she would call out to them. Afterglow would look to Amber Stone, "Then explain this here. What is this, then?" she would ask with a rather accusatory statement as she, Gem Shield, and Preston Star garthered the body bag.

Preston Star opened up the body bag and showed it to the human, and Scootaloo. Scootaloo had been visibly frightened by this. But Scootaloo was not dead, she was inside the ship and she had seen her a few minutes ago. "T-that's not what it looks like!" she'd say to them. This would greatly confuse the guards.

"Explain." Afterglow Stated. Scootaloo had relayed what the guards said to the human. She looked to him as if pleadingly. Afterglow did not write back as this was a situation that could very well change the contents of the letter. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

She would be allowed to practice just about everything the clay one taught her, it gradually moved from demonstrating for her to simply instructing her and allowing her to do the repairs herself under it's supervision. "You have much talent for repair. Are all of your kind so skilled?"

Outside

The human didn't react to the dead body being so callously displayed, if anything his expression grew somewhat more stern. "They won't understand, even if we show them that your friend is alive. They'll think it's a trick or a copy or something." He turned to Scootaloo, "What do you think we should say? You're reacting surprisingly well for seeing your friend's dead body."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Apple Bloom seemed to be rather flattered by the sayings of this being. "W-well I am' sure there are others talented. When we...discover our true talent a mark appears on our flank. It is called a cutie mark. My friends an are dedicatin' our lives to findin' our cutie marks and our destines." she would explain what cutie marks would mean there. 

-Outside-

"Maybe we can tell them the truth? And even if they don't believe it at least its the truth? I think that might be a possible way to just...talk to them. But other than that I don't know..." she would seem unsure and nervous. However the guards would notice that they are talking, and would wait for a response. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

The clay one thought on that for a moment, "Our kind have something similar, not outward. When a [one of my kind] is formed, they are formed for a purpose, but often that purpose is scrambled until they discover it for themselves. Then they come into full alignment and understanding. We are purposed for repairing, perhaps you are as well."

They would then go over to the sharp metal one, "[The sharp metal one] will teach you more." Apple Bloom would find it harder to breath right next to the sharp metal one, like she was suddenly on a high mountain, there just seemed to be less air in the metal one's vicinity.

The metal one waved when she approached, gently nudging her back a pace so she could breath normally. Despite the sharpness of its form, it was cool and smooth, almost soft when it touched her, and it moves with surprising fluidity and grace, unlike the almost mechanical manner the clay one did. "Hello, I am called Translator, my body consumes oxygen, which I'm informed you need to live. Stand back please." Nonetheless he would bring her attention over to the parts of the ship he was working on, his tool set appeared wholly unused, the reason why became apparent when he simply morphed his limbs into the tools he needed. He also didn't produce any scrap metal or electronics, simply consuming any parts they replaced.

Outside

The human sighed, "If you think it best, hopefully they won't attack us for their misunderstanding." He thought a moment, seemingly unperturbed by the guards, "Tell them that the filly was already dead when we found her, and if you think they'll accept it, tell them we brought her back to life as well."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Apple Bloom listened intently, her head tilting to the side at the clay one's explanation. She understood the explanation but she had several questions. "So those of yer kind are made for a purpose, but you don't know what that purpose is until you find it? Are you...not alive, but like some sort of machine? I've read several books about machines becoming alive. Is that...what you are?" she seemed more confused the more she went on in her question.

Upon walking over to the sharp metal one she suddenly found it hard to breathe and she wheezed slightly as she was suddenly within a lower pressure environment. "I-I can't-" she would have been pushed away back into the normal air in the surrounding environment before she listened to this one's explanation on what was happening here. "Why does yer body consume the air 'round it?" she would ask as she went over where he was working, but not getting too close.

Apple bloom would observe him as he worked, mostly focused on how his limbs turned into the tools. She was at a loss for words at that part, mainly.

-Outside-

Scootaloo nodded to the human and stepped forward. "This is a whole misunderstanding, somehow they...brought Sweetie Belle back to life but for some reason there was a body left behind?  They found her dead and brought her back to life..." she'd say.

The guards behind Afterglow would seem to scoff at this, Amber Stone would speak, "If that is truly the case, then why is there this body here? Couldn't this been avoided if they just told us?" she'd ask with a slight shout, but Afterglow made them go silent with a wave of his hoof and maintained a stern, yet calm expression.

"If that truly is the case, then we require answers. Why are you fillies onboard an alien craft, that crash landed here? I'd imagine there is a large amount of radiation and dangerous energies involved. Not only that, for your knowledge there are many more guards arriving to this location because we perceived the dead body as an act of aggression. If this is not the case, we need to know more so we can proceed forward from this incident." he said calmly, yet authoritatively.

Scootaloo would relay what was said to the human.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

23 hours ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

"So those of yer kind are made for a purpose, but you don't know what that purpose is until you find it? Are you...not alive, but like some sort of machine? I've read several books about machines becoming alive. Is that...what you are?"

The clay one tipped its head to one side. "We are ordered, respond to the environment, reproduce, grow, self-regulate, have homeostasis, and process energy. By most definitions we are alive."

"Why does yer body consume the air 'round it?"

Translator shrugged, "That is simply how [my kind] are. You also consume the air around you, just far less quickly and efficiently as me." Translator noticed how Apple Bloom was fascinated by its morphing abilities, and passed its tools over to her. "Everyone on the ship was given a set, and I have no need of mine. You are free to keep and use them, so long as you are on the ship."

Outside

The human shook his head, "This is getting us nowhere. They're stalling until they have more troops, then they'll simply attack and 'liberate' you three by force." He snorted, "I bet, if I turn my back on them and try and go back into the ship they'll come through and attack me. Barbarians."

He would then do just that, turn on his heel and start walking back to the ship, outwardly offering no indication that he felt threatened by their presence.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Apple Bloom nodded. Some of those words she didn't understand what they had meant but she got the general idea he was conveying. She'd look over to the tools and set them down, taking a look at each one and examining the set that she had received. She was taught to recognize what some of the tools are here, but did not entirely know what some of the others were and pointed them out. "Well thanks mister. Is there anything else you want to teach me? How does this...ship move? And how uh, fast can it go?" she'd ask as if having no real idea what to ask since this was all foreign and new to her. 

-Outside-

Scootaloo seemed to be a bet determined or rebellious at the human's words. "I don't need to be liberated, for I can liberate myself!" she'd say and run off towards the guards. If it was successful, she would reach the barrier and tap her hooves against it. "I-it's a long story!" she'd say. The guards would then attempt to get her out of the barrier by using various spells, or even teleporting her out along with them when they teleported in.

If Scootaloo managed to do this, she would unveil what had happened to the guards. She'd find an amusing spot - sitting on Afterglow's back and trying to climb onto his head like a smaller foal. Apparently, he didn't mind this.

Edited by Starforce Glimmer
  • Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

In response to her question the sharp metal one's body rippled, the translator making the sound of a snort, indicating it was sort of the equivalent. "There is much that can be taught, but most of it comes from experience. I think you know enough now to see when something is broken and how it might be fixed. This ship is mostly held together with repairs anyway, given how long and fast we've been running so far. As to how fast, the Captain would be better able to tell you, given he flies the ship, but most ships travel faster than light, several times that if we spend enough fuel. On the back of the ship are several large thrusters that propel the ship forward, as well as the light engine here that allows us to go faster than light when we're far enough away from a gravity well. So we can't use that here. There are also directional thrusters at the front that steer, but we don't have thrusters on the bottom to lift us off the ground. If we somehow stood the ship up on the thrusters we could maybe launch off the planet, but that's a big maybe."

The Captain came back inside, looking perturbed, and made his way back up to the bridge where Sweetie Belle and the slug were. "That could have gone better, they're bringing in more troops, I think they intend to fight us."

Outside

A pair of hatches opened on the sides of the ship, some strange objects extending out glowing ominously. They looked similar to canons, but refined.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

"I-I don't know how fast light is so I imagine that it would be pretty fast. Light engine? Why is this all based on light and not like something else? I wonder what types of fuel you use and if its available where we are at so we can refuel this ship and do repairs on it." Apple Bloom would reply, however she had no concept at how fast light was and thus had little to no understanding of the light engine, but at least she understood a little more than she did previously. "Perhaps you could build or add on some thrusters on to the bottom, so you can lift off?" Apple Bloom would suggest, however. 

-

Sweetie would turn to the captain when he arrived and seemed to be quite nervous upon what he stated. "I-If that is the case, then why haven't they fired yet? You didn't talk with them enough it seemed...where is Scootaloo?" she'd ask. If any of them were observant enough, she would see Scootaloo sitting on Afterglow's head. Sweetie didn't really like what the captain had spoke of.

-Outside-

Upon the sight of the strange cannon like objects the guards all instantly backed off and raised magical shields in front of them. They did not fire or make any moves against the ship. Afterglow's orders were to only fire upon the vessel should the guards be shot at. 

Soon enough on the horizon, the other guard carriages would be arriving. Still a ways away though (I'm not sure of the timeframe so disregard this if you want).

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

20 hours ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

Why is this all based on light and not like something else?

The sharp metal one shrugged, "Light is the fastest thing that occurs naturally, so it seemed like a good thing to measure against."

20 hours ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

"Perhaps you could build or add on some thrusters on to the bottom, so you can lift off?"

It looked about to deny the possibility, but stopped to think about it, turning to the grey clay one who shrugged, "With enough material we could potentially build a thruster set. Maybe if we moved the directional thrusters to the bottom, then put them back once we were in orbit..."

21 hours ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

"I-If that is the case, then why haven't they fired yet? You didn't talk with them enough it seemed...where is Scootaloo?

The captain shook his head, "They're waiting for their reinforcements," He pointed out the approaching carriages, "There. They don't stand a chance with the forces they have at the moment, but maybe with more units they could potentially overwhelm us. [Scootaloo] decided to leave, she's with them now. Maybe she'll be able to convince them we're no threat, though I doubt it, they didn't seem to pay her much mind when she translated for me."

There was chatter from the captain's wrist and he spoke into it, "Hold."

He sighed, "Normally we'd shoot first, but that was when we could run if they proved too strong, and we didn't have time to negotiate with the rebels on our tail."

Outside

(No issue with them arriving, Now would be the perfect time for some insubordination to make a mess of things if you like.) 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Apple Bloom would look quite intrigued by the statements. "So light is the fastest normal thing, then? How fast can this here ship go or ships like it? Twice as fast? Four times as fast? Sounds very interestin'...we have not had anything quite like it. We have not been on another world besides...N-Nightmare Moon herself." Apple Bloom would seem nervous at the name she mentioned. "But puttin' thrusters on the bottom sounds like a good place to start. Maybe yer crew can work on that?" she'd suggest with a sort of proud pose, still very much like the farming filly that she was.

-

Sweetie was nervous at that. "H-hey, you can't shoot first! My friend is out there and you'd be hurting all of those ponies who are simply doing their job! They don't understand whats going on here and they are just doing whats right, and besides, Scootaloo is out there. I don't want her to get hurt. Please don't do that." she would say in a rather pleading manner there like a child would to a parent.  "What did those guards say anyways?" she'd ask curiously.

-Outside-

The carriages circled over head. There were five carriages carrying additional guards, supplies, equipment and other such needs. The carriages would land a good ways away to give a good amount of leeway between them an the crashed object should they need it. Afterglow and half of the guards would peel off. Preston Star, Amber Stone, and the others who had sustained most of the interactions so far would go and meet with the other guards and explain the situation that happened.

All of the other new arrivals were stunned and by Afterglow's orders they would all get within hazmat suits so it would be easy to decontaminate themselves if need be and so that their bodies were not directly exposed to radiation or dangerous energies. Afterglow would also gather up a device the guard had that would dispel magical attacks against them (though that would weaken stronger magical attacks, not entirely block them) and placed the device on his chestplate and the other guards would stay close within the radius of the device.

The guards had also gotten weapons ready if they were needed, although the weapons themselves were not pointed at the craft nor were they online. 

Fly Heart noticed something and interrupted a conversation that was occurring with the other guards. "Captain! Those other guards out there left their posts, and they are making way towards the object, against your orders, sir!" she'd say and would quickly get Afterglow's attention. He was extremely displeased.

"I told them loose cannons to stay where I ordered them to, and now they are acting on their own accord?! This will have serious implications on their record, if not removal!" he snapped and the other guards stood at attention and were a bit nervous as he had spoke.

The other guards meanwhile, were attempting to break through the shield. Among them were Stern Steel, one of the more rebellious guards who had convinced the others to join him in rebellion. There were two mares, and another stallion so that made a total of four guards. They had willingly gone against Afterglow's orders, and Stern Steel cemented the fact that those beings onboard the ship were responsible for the death of a filly and were likely lying about what had happened. Stern Steel was the only non-unicorn among them.

The unicorn mares, and the other stallion had magical shields surrounding them as if they expected incoming attacks. They were basically aiming to get to a part of the ship where the strange objects could not reach them, and then attempt to find a way in. While the stallion was more nervous, he willingly went along with it, and the mares and Stern Steel were loose cannons. It was a surprise they were even allowed on this mission to begin with, especially considering that they had records for going against orders from commanding officers before.

Afterglow, and the others were too far away to go stop them. They could only wait and see what happened next. However, those onboard the ship could see that the guards were all looking on with displeased, disgruntled and very angry faces. They could possibly tell they were dealing insubordinate and reckless guards.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

The clay one responded quickly to the question on speed, "This ship can travel between 8 and 24 times the speed of light, depending on the amount of fuel spent. In simple terms, very quickly."

On 2021-05-27 at 8:21 PM, Starforce Glimmer said:

"But puttin' thrusters on the bottom sounds like a good place to start. Maybe yer crew can work on that?"

The two exchanged a look and nodded, "As soon as it's safe to go out there, we can get to work doing just that." They started to head out of the room, and motioned for Apple Bloom to follow as they made their way to the front of the ship, passing the Green one in shields and the Mantis in weapons. If Apple Bloom looked at the monitors in either room she'd see the guards attacking the shield outside.

Provided Apple Bloom didn't stop, they'd arrive at the front of the ship and start removing panels, pointing out to her what cables to disconnect, "We'll disconnect the cables now, so we can easily move the thrusters once we can get outside."

On the bridge, an alert went off what the rogue guards started attacking the shield, turning everyone's attention that way. The captain snorted, "What did I tell you? As soon as reinforcements arrive they start attacking."

He spoke into his wrist, "Hold your fire, I want to see what they'll try to do once they're inside."

Outside

It may have come as a surprise to the guards, but the coordinated strikes by the rogue guards were enough to take down the shield, apparently, and they were able to approach the ship. If they were around when the mantis first took the CMC aboard, they'd know about the doors on the back of the ship by the large thrusters. As the weapons appeared to mostly point forward, the back should be a safe enough place to board the ship from.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Apple Bloom would simply had nodded to his explanation, she didn't know what to say to the exact specifications on how fast the ship was capable of going. As they walked she would stay largely silent and observe the others, as well as the monitors they had seen in the area. "Ah' hope we can get those thrusters on and you can go back to where yah need tah go but, with what ya'll have here you would provide a lot of help in this world." she'd state before stopping at the monitors showing the guards attacking the shield and bursting through. "It looks like some of those guards are getting in, just so you know." she stated. 

-

Sweetie meanwhile was quite nervous at what was going on.  "Oh no! I hope they don't hurt anyone on board or get hurt. B-but if they do then I would understand..." Sweetie looked down at the ground silently. She didn't want this to go this way.

-Outside-

The two mares would look to the doors. "I think that is where the creature went in!" she'd call out, and Stern Steel would nod. "Good catch, Evergreen! Perhaps you should learn from her, Serenity!" Stern Steel would shout back. Serenity sighed, she really didn't want to go through this neither did Evergreen but they went along with what Stern Steel said anyways. The other stallion stayed silent. The two mares would run up the doors and attempt opening them. If it failed, they would cut circular holes into the ship with lasers. They didn't really expect to get in so easily, and were quite weary. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

22 hours ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

"Ah' hope we can get those thrusters on and you can go back to where yah need tah go but, with what ya'll have here you would provide a lot of help in this world." 

The clay one nodded, "Hopefully we can come back one day, better equipped and on better terms."

"It looks like some of those guards are getting in, just so you know."

The metal one turned it's attention to the monitor, "Noted"

It turned to go back they way they had come, "I'll deal with them." It went back to it's bipedal form, the forelimbs becoming exceptionally sharp, and walked out of the room.

The captain sighed as the guards started trying to get into the ship, "Let's see how this plays out. [Slug] get on the door controls, I don't want them getting out once they're inside."

The slug left without a word. The captain took his seat and turned his attention to Sweetie Belle, "Don't worry, you'll be safe here."

Boarding

They must have cut something important, because the door opened after only a short while, revealing a small empty room with another door on the far side. That one would also not take long to cut open, revealing a similarly sized room with a number of strange consoles and readouts in an alien language.

Once all, or as many as seemed intent on boarding, had entered the ship, the doors would suddenly close behind them, a second layer of shielding closing over them. In short, they were trapped.

Outside

The guards outside would witness the doors closing behind the rouge guards, trapping those who entered inside.

Inside

The captain nodded, then spoke into a microphone over the ship's PA to the closed off rooms, the ship providing the translation. "Now that you're trapped, what was your plan exactly? Or did you intend to improve our bargaining position? Surrender your weapons to the crewmate, or else."

Boarding

The exit door to the second room opened, revealing the sharp metal one.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Apple Bloom would watch as the metal one would return to its form and go off to deal with the guards. Apple Bloom would gulp at this action and turn to the grey one. "I would hope so, I hope nothin' happens with them guards. Nothin' bad, at least." Apple Bloom would state in a rather nervous fashion and seemed rather unsure what to do now. Probably lost in her thoughts.

-

Sweetie would stay silent as the commands were made, and watched as the slug left. She didn't really like what was going on. Sweetie would sit next to the captain there, on the floor and just seem to look down at the ground in nervousness. She too, stayed quiet as they came over the PA. After the captain finished his message she would look up to him. "I-I guess we can only wait and see..." she'd say somewhat longingly. She wondered what Rarity and the others were doing, no doubt, their families would be worried sick by now.

-Boarding-

"Come on! Get through there faster!" Stern Steel barked to the two mares and the stallion, who had then lasered their way in. They would also cut through into the other door. Quickly, they would slip in. "I highly recommend that we take images of what we are seeing here. Thankfully, I have a spell for that." the stallion would speak upon entering, and surveying the alien consoles and readout. There would be a few flashes of white light from his horn as he took "snapshots" of these displays. Fitting for his name, Snapshot.

After the doors were closed, and the shields rose the two mares looked to each other. "Shit! This was a horrible idea, I am blaming you for this, Stern Steel!" Evergreen shouted at him. While the guards were shouting at each other, the captain's announcement had came on, however they did not reply as they were too busy shouting at each other for a moment. The captain would overhear the followering conversations. 

"Oh please, our captain is weak! Refusing to take the initiative! These creatures are an obvious threat!" he said in an extremely arrogant tone. 

"You say that, when you are the one that lead us into this situation! The captain is going to strip us of our rank for this for sure! You shouldn't have even been a guard due to your record!"

"Hah, as if you two are entirely innocent either, it was your choice to go with me! And don't you DARE talk about my record, when I was the one who saved those three Earth ponies from the dragon last time, when all of you were too SCARED to do your duty!" he said in a rather insidious, enraged manner.

"Shut up! I am never going anywhere with you again. This is all your fault, and now you could be starting a WAR here for Celestia's sake. Although, I suppose we too would be responsible...for we caved into peer pressure to go with you." Evergreen sighed. 

Then, Snapshot would speak up. "Perhaps all of you should can your mouths for a second and listen to that announcement. Apparently they can speak our language. Perhaps we can do as they say, and they won't cut us apart. Food for thought." he'd speak in a rather dark, yet serious tone. 

They would all turn to the crewmate there, Stern Steel would stand boldly while the three others would quickly hand over any weapons they had on them at the time. 

"Do the right thing, Stern Steel..." Serenity would plead somewhat. Stern Steel rolled his eyes and carelessly tossed the weapons over to the metal one. The crewmate would see that Stern Steel was the only non-unicorn around. He was a fairly white and grey one, with red eyes. While Serenity was a unicorn mare of various shades of blue, Evergreen was was one of shades of green and the other intimidating unicorn stallion was of a black and grey character. He seemed to be quite calm, and serious. 

-Outside-

Preston Star looked to Afterglow. 
"Well...it looks like they are being trapped inside." she said shakily. "Their loss. They did that themselves, and did not follow my orders. This is the consequences. Preston Star, note this down for me and send the letter to the Princess. Inform her of this situation, please." he'd huff.

Preston Star would inform Princess Luna through the letter of what the Rogue Guards had done, as well as their various identities. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

The captain saw that the captives were talking amongst themselves, but they didn't have microphones throughout the ship to listen in on what they were saying. He rolled his eyes at that, "We should have gotten that sensor suite upgrade. No matter. They seem to be cooperating." He spoke into his wrist, "[The clay one], what resources do we need? We've got captives and can likely use them for leverage to get the materials we need."

There was a bit of a delay before words started appearing on the screen in a list. If Sweetie were looking she'd see the strange alien symbols, but somewhere deep in her mind she somehow understood the meaning of at least some of them, like refined iron and glass. Maybe something to do with the translator.

Once the list finished the Captain started speaking into his wrist again.

Boarding

The sharp metal creature hummed? Vibrated was more accurate, strange undulations seemed to be it's mode of communication. It collected the weapons without incident, absorbing any metal portions into itself, leaving behind any wooden or non-metallic portions of the weapons. Once the weapons were thus disarmed it retreated backward out of the room, taking with it the remainder of the weapons, the door closing and sealing as soon as it was clear of the doorframe.

Outside

Scootaloo would hear a voice in her ear, provided she hadn't taken off the translator she had been given in the ship, anyone wearing the translator would be able to understand if she had taken it off. "This is the captain, tell them we have four captives, any further aggression will be met with overwhelming force. In exchange for the four captives safe return we demand the following resources:" The captain listed off several materials and quantities, some of which failed to be translated. "If any of those did not translate, we will require [one knowledgeable in metals and rocks] to provide a translation. We will trade one captive for this translation aid."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Sweetie was most intrigued by the alien symbols and her apparent ability to understand them. She'd look at the screens and then turned her attention towards that of the captain's words. She'd look to his watch and then would ask, "Using them as leverage? That um, might work...I suppose..." she'd say with a nervous shrug. "What materials do you need? I can tell that you need iron and glass...somehow. It's interesting how I can read the symbols...and understand them." she mused somewhat at that, in curiosity. 

-Boarding-

The guards would watch in horror of what had happened to the weapons they handed over. The two mares would inspect the wood and would find that no metallic parts remained. It seemed that the creature they had just seen here had an ability to devour metal and leave behind non-metals, for whatever reason that may be. They stood there and just proceeded to bicker and argue, but it was clear that they had all blamed Stern Steel for this and they hoped nothing would happen to them.

-Outside-

Scootaloo would listen through the translator and relay this information to the guard. Afterglow had asked for how she was able to understand the aliens speaking, and Scootaloo gave him the translator. The captain had heard some sort of shuffling as the translator was transferred to Afterglow who somewhat shakily would reply.

"This is the captain of the guard. Those guards that had unlawfully went into your vessel are acting against orders. They will be prosecuted and stripped of rank after investigation, should it be decided as so. We are unable to understand some of the list that had just spoken, however, we will do our best allocate your requests. It will take time. We have a lot on our minds." Afterglow would respond. With a motion, Preston Star wrote down the requests. 

A carriage would be prepared to be sent off, however more information would be needed in order to send it off and have the resources to be located. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

The captain smirked as he set the mic down, "They are much more amicable now that we have some of their guards captive. They seem wholly unconcerned with your apparent death now. Speaking of, I should probably explain some things to you while we wait."

He turned his chair away from the monitors to face Sweetie Belle directly, "You were poisoned, on the brink of death when [the mantis] brought you in. We couldn't do anything about the poison, so before you died [the slug] took a scan of your mind and [the green one] took a sample of your DNA, and you were officially added to the crew. Once your body died we did some analysis to calibrate the [unknown] pod along with scans of your friends and the ones outside so we could clone you a new body, uploading the scan of your mind. As such your body is a bit more developed than it was before, I don't know what effect that will have on you, your friends didn't seem to notice much. I'm sure that's quite a bit for you to take in right now, and I'm sure you have some questions."

Outside

"I appreciate your newfound cooperation."

(Aside)

Princess Luna read through the updates that she was receiving with ever growing anxiety. Not only did they fail to eliminate the threat, now some of the guards are captive. The rest seemingly held hostage by the threat of force. More decisive action is needed.

She wrote back to the guard captain: "These developments are most unacceptable, we had expected better of thee and thine. See to it that this matter is resolved in a timely manner, or thou wilt have our sister to deal with."

She could only keep this excursion under wraps for so long, thusfar claiming a training exercise and drill had been sufficient to keep her sister satisfied, but if it stretched out too long, or if reports came back that things were not so then Celestia would get involved.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Sweetie Belle had taken all of that in with a look of confusion and she sighed, looking down at the floor after he had explained it. "So basically uhh...you took my mind out of my dead body and put it within a new one? I do feel that...I feel different and that I can think...in more complex terms?" she'd tilt her head to the side in confusion of the concepts, but she felt like it was understood well enough. 

-Outside-

Afterglow would receive the letter. He was nervous about the response he had recieved and had Preston Star write up the response. He spoke verbally, as she wrote down the letter which read: "It is most unfortunate that these developments are the case. Rest assured, the alien beings within the craft are now being dealt with. They require a list of materials, and one knowledgeable in rocks and metals to help them acquire these materials. It is in my best guesses, that they require these materials in order to repair their vessel, and leave. The ones who betrayed my orders will be stripped of rank once this ordeal is over with, you have my word on that. Please, see if you can find these materials, and find one capable of dealing with such materials, and deliver that to our present location." he replied, and signed his name at the bottom, as well as a list of materials the Captain had demanded. The letter was sent off.

He spoke into the translator he was given. "We will do our best to locate the materials, and find one who is knowledgeable in such tasks. I also wish to inquire upon something. Why did we find a dead filly's body? The other Filly that is currently with us tells us that the filly was not killed by your crew. Please explain this to us." Afterglow spoke calmly, yet sternly. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

The captain shrugged, "Maybe a side effect of the process. You are the first one of your kind to have this done, so it's not unlikely there'd be abnormalities. With enough tests we could maybe perfect the process, but who knows if we'd be able to do that. Strict regulations require that we can only [unknown] dead crewmates."

He leaned back in his seat, "Anyway, the point is that, officially, you are a member of this crew. I'm responsible for your well-being so long as that is true, and you have the option, or rather the right, to leave with us. I wouldn't be opposed to allowing your friends to come as well, the yellow one seems to get along well with [The clay one] and [The sharp metal one]. You don't need to choose right now of course, we can't leave yet, but I thought it'd be best to let you think it over before you need to make that choice."

Outside

The voice responded, "You already know why. Ratheryou've already decided why, us telling you wouldn't change your perception of events. We'll speak again when the expert is in our power."

He received a response a short time later: They understood the risks when they enlisted. Thou hast until sunset to eliminate the threat that these creatures pose.

(You may notice that the Captain is apparently talking to the guard and Sweetie Belle at the same time, or is he?)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

She seemed to understand what he was saying and nodded. "I see. I know for sure...this sort of ability you possess would go along well with this world. I know that my friend's parents died a few years back. She would love to see them again." she said sadly.

Sweetie would go silent and look down at the ground and ponder her thoughts. "I-I am not too sure about leaving with you. My place is here but...given the circumstances of your arrival here I am...interested in a lot of what you have to offer. My friends and I call ourselves the Cutie Mark crusaders. We have a thing, a special thing to us. We are wanting to find our cutie marks, a mark that appears on our flank when we find our destiny." she spoke with a degree of pride, yet also innocent humility at the same time.  A question came up in her mind, however. "What is your name?" 

-Outside-

Afterglow would respond into the translator, "We are on a time limit. By sundown, I am ordered to deal with this situation or else we will have bigger problems. The rulers of the land themselves may get involved, and from my responses from one of them I can tell you that this situation will not end up in a good place should that occur." he said in a serious tone, yet there was a sense of nervousness. He would send off the carriage with the list of materials. Those who were on the carriage were instructed to find someone knowledgeable in metals and materials, as well as the list of things the occupants of the vessel requested. 

Afterglow wrote another letter. "Understood. We will do our best to resolve this situation without conflict." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

"I see. I know for sure...this sort of ability you possess would go along well with this world. I know that my friend's parents died a few years back. She would love to see them again."

The captain looked a bit confused, then shook his head, "I should clarify, we can't bring back just anyone. They'd have to have been scanned while they were still alive, and there's still the rules that they have to be part of the crew of the ship."

"I-I am not too sure about leaving with you. My place is here but...given the circumstances of your arrival here I am...interested in a lot of what you have to offer. My friends and I call ourselves the Cutie Mark crusaders. We have a thing, a special thing to us. We are wanting to find our cutie marks, a mark that appears on our flank when we find our destiny."

The captain seemed puzzled by it, "Not unlike the [those like the clay one], perhaps the reason why you haven't found it yet is because it isn't here to be found? Who's to say it isn't out there? Still, you have time to decide for yourself."

On 2021-06-02 at 8:13 PM, Starforce Glimmer said:

"What is your name?" 

The captain snorted at that, "We told you, the translator doesn't work like that. If I said it to you, [the captain], all you'll here is whatever words you've associated in your head with me. In a sense, you get to name me whatever you like, and I'll just hear my name."

Outside

"You best hurry then. It sounds like you're in far more danger than we are should things sour."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

"You do raise some good points...I'll just call you Captain if that is alright with you. Most ponies my age well, when we are young we are fillies...or colts for stallions find their cutie mark around my age. Some find it younger like someone in my class or some don't get them until they are owner...its just one of those things that comes with certain...moments. Believe me, my friends and I have tried nearly everything that ponies could think of." she stated in a somewhat frustrated manner at her inability to get her cutie mark yet.

After a few moments looking down at the ground in frustration she would look back up to the captain. "What are those guards saying? Whats happening with the...detained ones? Perhaps you could...speak to them to learn more." she suggested in a rather unsure manner.

-Outside-

"Indeed. So while we are...waiting for the materials you have requested I'd like to ask a few questions. What do you call yourselves? Where are you from? And why did you crash here? You definitely did not come here by choice, seems that way. You are on the planet Equus, and you have crash landed outside of the town known as Appleoosa, for your information." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Starforce Glimmer

Inside

The captain looked over at the screen that showed the captive guards milling about, then shrugged, "There aren't microphones there, so we don't know what they're saying. They're captive, and that's all that matters, if they break out they'll be dealt with, though as long as we have them we can get all the resources we need to try and get off this planet."

He looked back at Sweetie Belle, "If you want to go down and talk to them you should be able to talk through the door, just don't let them out."

Outside

The voice paused a bit before answering, seemingly deciding whether a response was warranted, "We're an expeditionary force for the Federation, our mission is classified. Usually one does not crash intentionally. We wouldn't have crashed had we the choice." There was a hint of annoyance in the voice.

Edited by Illiad Easle
  • Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

-Inside-

Sweetie Belle nodded. "W-well I suppose I'll talk to them. Maybe get some answers as to their...being here I suppose." she'd state, and provided she was given or knew where the directions were she would approach up to the door where the guards are contained. She knocked on the door to get their attention, she could hear them mumbling and even yelling. Evergreen would ask, "What was that?" and then Sweetie Belle would have told them her name, and that she was the filly they thought were dead, as well as the fact of the technology used, as best as she can explain.

The guards were completely dumbfounded by this and told her that it was Stern Steel's idea to disobey the guard but they went through with it for whatever reason. There was a bit of conversing, but Stern Steel would still shout through the door, demanding to be freed. It was clear he was a loose cannon that got them all into trouble. Any of the beings on the ship nearby would hear these conversations at hand.

-Outside-

Afterglow too would also pause for a moment as if considering his answer. "I see. That is most...unfortunate. We will do whatever we can to resolve this situation peacefully. I apologize if our actions had raised alarm or threatened you. We had no idea what we were dealing with, hopefully you can understand that." he stated calmly, yet also sternly. "Perhaps if these materials are not enough, then I could request assistance from the crown. I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement and exchange information, and technology for the benefit of the both of us. Even establishing diplomatic relations between our worlds. It would be a win win for us." he proposed. 

• Brohoof 1