Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much longer should FiM go before MLP transitions into G5?

Zenoctilles

Yeah.. never liked EQG. Just something about it that doesn't work with me. I'm sure Hasbro isn't dumb enough to mess with a good design or remove the Mane 6. I sure hope not.

I tried tonlike it but when its a highschool flick it just looks stupid to me as it basically turned into bratz which is quite stereotypical and its all I could think of and poor spike got kicked in the goolies with steel toed boots as he became cue the violin....... a dog lol. It was entertaining but not worthy of my blessing :-p good for kids though in a fun sence.

its partly how they are raised I think we need tk teach kids to be open minded and less judgemental so yeah I agree it is bad. Im hoping kne day we can really get passed this stupidity though since like you said young boys are being bullied because of it. As we are bronies we should be supporting each other though. I wouldnt wish such vile things be said or done to you and also what they say would be an attack on all of us. In hard times we help the ones we love so why not help all in there dark days?

Well said, sadly ive never seen a fandom witha such a good message create so much hate. It really shows how "civilised" our society really is. Hopefully we can work to right the many wrongs of our s and our parents generations so the future is a bit brighter for everyone.

• Brohoof 1

I guess... (Sighs) Maybe that is True for a show. It does have a lifespan and all. But there is a chance it might NOT go stagnant right?

From my experience, no. Good thing they don't always focus on a single Mane6 all the time, so it could last much longer than other shows, but decline is almost inevitable

• Brohoof 1

Well said, sadly ive never seen a fandom witha such a good message create so much hate. It really shows how "civilised" our society really is. Hopefully we can work to right the many wrongs of our s and our parents generations so the future is a bit brighter for everyone.

I agree but I must start with us however we cant convince everybody to see things our way as we see things in many different ways. But I am with ya on that.

if one rises then others will follow.

My friend read that there will only be 7 seasons for fim. :(

Where did you get that? I remember Hasbro saying they have ideas for at least 5 years, but I don't recall they are going to end with 7 seasons specifically 

• Brohoof 1

My friend read that there will only be 7 seasons for fim. :(

its down to how well they keep the show running if it lasts to season 7 or more.for all we know it could get cancelled mid season 5 I highly prey not but who knows. Anythings possible.

its down to how well they keep the show running if it lasts to season 7 or more.for all we know it could get cancelled mid season 5 I highly prey not but who knows. Anythings possible.

I don't see the need to reboot once again. Why not make a sequel in the same generation as Avatar did Korra and give the Mane 6 a happy ending?

Edited by RainbowSonic#1Fan
  • Brohoof 2

I hope G5 is gonna be the same if not better than G4 because if it ends up like previous gens or centered mainly around girls only again or goes against Lauren's idea, then all hell will break loose xD just saying... I give up because G4 will probably end and we will have new friends and ponies to meet though and THEY BETTER END IT ON A GOOD NOTE. XD

Once again newborn cuties xD lmao jk I hear ya and 100000% agree

• Brohoof 2

Where did you get that? I remember Hasbro saying they have ideas for at least 5 years, but I don't recall they are going to end with 7 seasons specifically

Not sure. Maybe it'll go on for longer! Hope so.

I think MLP should at least end at either season 7 or 10, maybe have some short films for G4.5. After that in either 2020, 2023 or 2025, Hasbro should move onto Generation 5 ponies... I can't come up with much advice for Hasbro with G5 other than they should try to preserve a lot of G4 but NOT everything. 

• Brohoof 3

If it was up to me I'd want 3 more seasons with an epic three parter finale that only leaves one or two loose ends if any. Something that reminds us of every season, every adventure and of why we love this crazy show. From that first walk into the Everfree, to the short reign of Discord, the invasion that never was and the empire that almost wasn't, new alicorns and spreading forests and an epic duel of good and evil and all the adventure yet to come. That finale will be the last we see of the characters we have come to love so much with there history and depth and friendship. The finale will be the last we see of this Equestria. And then there will be G5, with new styles, new characters, perhaps Equestria years after we last saw the Mane Six. Ponies who remember, or have heard the stories of these ponies.

A young earth pony is rummaging through old books at the library, her pegaus friend yawning and asking when they can go. The earth pony says, Just a minute, and looks a little more than finally spots something. It's a dusty, rotting book and the earth pony reads a couple pages. Confused she asks her pegaus friend, "Ever heard of an alicorn named Twilight Sparkle?" The pegaus shakes her head and the two leave the library unknowingly sending the fandom into a frenzy.

• Brohoof 2

If it was up to me I'd want 3 more seasons with an epic three parter finale that only leaves one or two loose ends if any. Something that reminds us of every season, every adventure and of why we love this crazy show. From that first walk into the Everfree, to the short reign of Discord, the invasion that never was and the empire that almost wasn't, new alicorns and spreading forests and an epic duel of good and evil and all the adventure yet to come. That finale will be the last we see of the characters we have come to love so much with there history and depth and friendship. The finale will be the last we see of this Equestria. And then there will be G5, with new styles, new characters, perhaps Equestria years after we last saw the Mane Six. Ponies who remember, or have heard the stories of these ponies.

A young earth pony is rummaging through old books at the library, her pegaus friend yawning and asking when they can go. The earth pony says, Just a minute, and looks a little more than finally spots something. It's a dusty, rotting book and the earth pony reads a couple pages. Confused she asks her pegaus friend, "Ever heard of an alicorn named Twilight Sparkle?" The pegaus shakes her head and the two leave the library unknowingly sending the fandom into a frenzy.

I doubt they will be able to top the designs so it would be best to keep it the same to avoid the Bronies going on a rampage. Other than that I like your idea as a re-write of the G4 storyline, quite frankly I believe a way to solve G4s present story from going dull is to rewrite the story within the same generation.

I think MLP should at least end at either season 7 or 10, maybe have some short films for G4.5. After that in either 2020, 2023 or 2025, Hasbro should move onto Generation 5 ponies... I can't come up with much advice for Hasbro with G5 other than they should try to preserve a lot of G4 but NOT everything.

I think G4 should be here to stay as long as the story is great, and if it isn't and just gets dull then just write up an entirely new story within the same generation with the same designs and all.

• Brohoof 2

Hasbro has made a lot out of this generation and not following this kind of storytelling may set them on the tracks they started on and id say that would be disastrous. Why dont we all just enjoy g4 while we have it and not worry about the future generations if there will be.

• Brohoof 1

The moment I see the quality of the show is declining, it has to stop.
I prefer ending in beauty and a little bit earlier than many years to come and seeing the quality getting worse and worse.

I only want to have good memories of the show.

• Brohoof 2

Do you all think Hasbro will make G5 as good or better than G4? I really am hoping they keep the designs and all and add maybe shadowing or something if they HAD to. But really, do you guys think Hasbro can pull it off or will they need Lauren to step in for G5 again to make sure it's all in order?

I'm only worrying because it's been about 5 years since G4 and I am starting to get tensed up because I don't wanna see G4 fall to some childish/G3-2-1-ish type design/storytelling without some sort of re-assurance that they won't do something so rash. I'm scared Hasbro will do something like THAT and let's face it, one way or another G4 will end. I'm just concerned about G5 being worse.

its understandable but I say lets see how it plays out and only be concerned if they do something stupid. Right now we are worrying over spilled water. As I said lets just see as its all we can do.

• Brohoof 1

My Little Pony should have never rebooted, it was perfection when it first started! But they rebooted it into washed up garbage that's called G4. So if Hasbro decides to move My little Pony into G5, I'm hoping they do it soon so G4 could finally come to an end.

My Little Pony should have never rebooted, it was perfection when it first started! But they rebooted it into washed up garbage that's called G4. So if Hasbro decides to move My little Pony into G5, I'm hoping they do it soon so G4 could finally come to an end.

Ok... I just want to say that G4 was not garbage at all... and you are entitled to your opinion, mam/sir. I honestly didn't like any of the shows before G4 (My opinion of course) I also quite find that offensive.

Actually, so far, I think they do not need to change generations. I feel that it would be better to just make a sequel or continue forward and change the story when needed, we need to realize changing generations is like a new design and setting as well as plot and I sure wouldn't like that.

If G4 keeps this up, or if it gets stale, it would be best for them to just make a new story with new characters in the same Generation (I don't see a need to call it G4.5 either because Final generation just seems more pleasant for me) IF the story goes bland and they need new characters then add it in without the giant design changes or add another show in the same generation. If they just open the universe more than just focusing on the Mane 6 I don't see a need for a G5 at all! :)

Eventually, the writers (as for everyone in charge of producing) will forget that VERY important phrase that people neglect oh-so often.

If it ain't broken, DON'T FIX IT!!! (that means you YouTube, although the improved comments section would have received less criticism if it didn't unable people from liking or commenting on older posts, IMO)

I don't think it should transition to G5 since everything is fine at this point, but I think they should keep creating more seasons so long as the ratings are high (low ratings=stop now!).

Well I remember it was reported last year that they had another five years planned so we could see a G5 in 2018 at the earliest, how long do I want G4 to go on for? Well that really depends on how long it can stay good for, but personally I would like to see it end at season 7, I just have a feeling that if it goes on longer than that it will go the way of spongebob.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I change my mind and opinion on the matter! G4 should just rewrite its story if it gets dull, there is no need for another reboot.

the bleach series has many arcs which trail off the main story for whats known as fillers so if we had more fillers then perhaps that would by the main story more thought time and may never get old. as long as you have people who can be quite creative and who could contribute to making a bigger world out of equestria. i would think this could be a good idea.Also sorry i didnt say this earlier. I would also hope the arcs could feature more characters and maybe just maybe give derpy her time back with voice and appearance as it should be since i know this isnt a derpy thread but she deserves the respect she is due after the crap with the soccer moms and whoever else felt it appropriate to completely mock a show about tolerance for well teaching tolerance.towards a clumsy character.but yeah arcs would be an awsome thing to help the show i think.

sorry for the rant.

ok not hating on you but have you seen g4? it has an actual storyline and is quite the work of art and it does justice in so many ways. for example it promotes all the things society is missing and also allows people an escape from our little world where friendship is limited and magic is rare.

it has broken boundries between men and women and is setting a new improved quality of life for us where men dont have to act so stupid and pretend to be so masculin and women dont have to play the house wife. we need to create a much more acceptable society for which people are accepted and not shunned for appearance sexual preferance or gender color and so on. I say this in about every thread but lauren faust created this show for all to promote the idea of equality and the fact women can be strong aswell. the previous generations failed at this and made girls out to be quite the stereotype as like gi joe and action man did to males but heres the thing what does ji joe and barby have in common? they are both dolls. just put a dress and wig on joe and see him become barby. FYI i havent done that as i never owned a doll in my life. Anyway the previous generations may have been enjoyable to you but please dont dismiss this one because its not to your liking. Atleast try to understand why we like it and accept that. This is all my opinion on why i think its great and it is only my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

the bleach series has many arcs which trail off the main story for whats known as fillers so if we had more fillers then perhaps that would by the main story more thought time and may never get old. as long as you have people who can be quite creative and who could contribute to making a bigger world out of equestria. i would think this could be a good idea.Also sorry i didnt say this earlier. I would also hope the arcs could feature more characters and maybe just maybe give derpy her time back with voice and appearance as it should be since i know this isnt a derpy thread but she deserves the respect she is due after the crap with the soccer moms and whoever else felt it appropriate to completely mock a show about tolerance for well teaching tolerance.towards a clumsy character.but yeah arcs would be an awsome thing to help the show i think.

sorry for the rant.

ok not hating on you but have you seen g4? it has an actual storyline and is quite the work of art and it does justice in so many ways. for example it promotes all the things society is missing and also allows people an escape from our little world where friendship is limited and magic is rare.

it has broken boundries between men and women and is setting a new improved quality of life for us where men dont have to act so stupid and pretend to be so masculin and women dont have to play the house wife. we need to create a much more acceptable society for which people are accepted and not shunned for appearance sexual preferance or gender color and so on. I say this in about every thread but lauren faust created this show for all to promote the idea of equality and the fact women can be strong aswell. the previous generations failed at this and made girls out to be quite the stereotype as like gi joe and action man did to males but heres the thing what does ji joe and barby have in common? they are both dolls. just put a dress and wig on joe and see him become barby. FYI i havent done that as i never owned a doll in my life. Anyway the previous generations may have been enjoyable to you but please dont dismiss this one because its not to your liking. Atleast try to understand why we like it and accept that. This is all my opinion on why i think its great and it is only my opinion.

G4 (Still think they should just call it Final Generation xD) is a work of art in my opinion! I also think Hasbro has been doing a pretty good job so far with FiM! I am still finishing off Season 3 and It is just great! I do agree that Derpy needs quite a bit more attention but, after all, Season 5 is well on it's way in a few months and I'm sure Hasbro won't disappoint. Like I said, any show given the right care, right storyline, right amount of breaks, and right amount of additions to characters, could make it last for ages upon ages! So as long as Hasbro keeps doing what they do and continue to take good care of the franchise and ensure that there is always something bright and new to explore, then even FiM could last ages (A long time). We shall see though, because of course, I'm not sure of anything. What I do know is that they should definitely keep up the good work! It would sure help if they also followed Chaos's advice. Can't wait to finish Season 3, and after 2 more seasons I can begin the wait to Season 5!

• Brohoof 1