Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much longer should FiM go before MLP transitions into G5?

Zenoctilles

While I believe that FiM still has a long way to go before Hasbro brings in G5, we all need to realize that G4 will eventually come to an end, and that we will all one day bid farewell to Twilight Sparkle and Co.

Personally, I want to see at least two more seasons and a movie. Then, my appetite for FiM will be satiated, and I will look forward to seeing G5, preferably with new characters and in a completely new style.

I hope G5 is a direct continuation of G4 (Then again, you might as well call it "G4.5")

That, or G5 is a cast of new characters but takes place in the same universe as G4, so maybe occasionally they'll mention or feature the Mane 6 from G4 :).

G5 would probably start in 2020 or something like that. If I remember correctly, this is how the generations mostly played out.

G1=1980's

G2=1990's

G3=2000's

G4=2010's

• Brohoof 14

I dunno folks, unless G5 had the same kind of setting or style, or stuck true to what G4 is, I don't think I'd be interested. Lauren is god, and I'm not sure anything would ever compare to what she's created with G4.

• Brohoof 14

(edited)

I think at least 6 seasons would be fine, I could live with 156 episodes as long as the series stays consistently good. That's not to say more wouldn't be nice either, I would indeed welcome it, but I think the series would be just fine and be able to do a lot with at least 6 seasons if it came down to that and they wrapped it up well. :)

Edited by SBB64

I hope that it will go on as long as it can until they run out of plot (no, not that kind of plot!) ideas/characters and themes start to get old ect...

And then with any luck hasbro will create a masterpiece of work, G5, which is equal to and hopefully improves upon G4.

Or they go back to G1, 2, 3, 3.5 ect...but they would have to be out of their minds to do that after the success G4 has had.

Long live MLP! Long live G4! Long live Celestia!....oh and Luna of course!

• Brohoof 4

I'm just hoping that G4 will be run as long as possible. Unlike every other generation before G4, G4 is a global success, to age groups no one ever saw coming. So I'm hoping there will be numerous more seasons and other things before we even start to talk about a G5. Don't fix something that isn't broken. I can understand changing things to mix it up like you're saying Zen, but this is media, and sometimes even slight changes can cost you a lot, if people don't all respond the way you want them too.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

there will be no season 5 season 4 will live FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

? No? I think g4 has a lot of life in it they must be making lots and lots of money off of it and will still do for along time.

But i hope G5 is as cool as this one! ^_^

Edited by Midnightive

G4, technincally being led by the animated TV show series rather than the toy line, is quite different for the My Little Pony franchise.

Hasbro has long-adapted to this change, but the at the rate the the franchise is as a whole, as well considering its massive outbreak in popularity, fans, and quality (looking at you, G3.5 >.>). To tell the truth, I think as a reliable company they will let it run out until it might die down, which I don't think will happen for quite a long time.

This endless cycle of them giving us what we want in the content of the new episodes, which leads to us appreciating them in return, which leads to massive production of fan works, fan organizations, etc., which seems to keep on getting bigger and bigger, kind of like the rate of the spread of Bronydom in general (we recently reached Mozilla- creators of the Firefox browser- which is kind of a big deal).

Like other franchises that are heavily based on numbered generations (like Transformers for example), My Little Pony went through it's changes, making their products and productions more in a modernized style, adjusting to the real-time world. The franchise went through what I like to call the "modern treatment", which varies for others, but that's not my point. My point is that said treatment will last long, obviously, being the current generation. It will last even longer if the fans keep on getting what they want, and we give back to the well-deserving Hasbro and DHX.

The characters, proeperties, productions, locations, and pretty much everything else in the current G4 canon is 100% owned by Hasbro. As the older generation die off, they lose ownage of them (that was heavily involved in Faust's development of the mane 6, all 6 were based off the G1 mane 6, though some properties such as the name and color schemes changed [this is an exception for Spike and Applejack, who kept both], while most charcateristics, as well as the ones Faust envisioned as a kid with the old toys, were kept).

Pretty much, the list of things I noted in the first part of the previous paragraph are what make up anything that is a reference to “G4”, and once/if they advance a generation, anything can change, literally anything can happen in it. I honestly don't hope, and don't think that they will do this, as us bronies will not know what to expect. But as many companies need to move on, Hasbro will possibly eventually have to do the same with the franchise.

As for a time, I'd say the decades have nothing to do with the popularity and advancement, I assume it's just what they did to keep the separate generations easy to differentiate and have their own unique sense. So when/if it comes, it comes.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't G4 have to end and then Hasbro later decide to bring the show back? I don't think it's like "Ok guys! Today we are doing a different art style :D"

Either way, G5 will probably be bad.

When it happens it NEEDS to have CGI with cel-shading like Okami. It's the proper way to revive something.

OHOHOH, and every other thing could be pillow shaded! Then it would look beautiful! Gradients hnnnnggg

Journey > Okami

Edited by Bohtty

One last note: G4 has forever redesigned the animated MLP franchise from the ground up. The three generations before it were all 'different', but G4 completely reestablished the norm, the foundation for what people will from now on expect in a MLP show. Hasbro would frankly have to be a bunch of morons to try and go back to the art, character and storyline styles of the previous generations, after the world has been exposed to G4. That's my one bit of hope for when G5 comes around, that it will not be too different from what G4 is, because chronological success and advancement dictates that G5 will be closely related to G4, and none of the previous three generations.

• Brohoof 4

As many seasons as there can be until I run out of money to buy merchandise.

Even though we all know that after G4 stops the bronies will take control and create fan episodes of equal quality. Because we're awesome like that.

:lol:

I don't want the mane 6 to go away. Or any of the voice actresses. I can't imagine any other characters being just as good. I hope that g5 will keep the characters but focus on something other than friendship. Like adventure or something.

• Brohoof 5

One last note: G4 has forever redesigned the animated MLP franchise from the ground up. The three generations before it were all 'different', but G4 completely reestablished the norm, the foundation for what people will from now on expect in a MLP show. Hasbro would frankly have to be a bunch of morons to try and go back to the art, character and storyline styles of the previous generations, after the world has been exposed to G4. That's my one bit of hope for when G5 comes around, that it will not be too different from what G4 is, because chronological success and advancement dictates that G5 will be closely related to G4, and none of the previous three generations.

Too true. Hasbro, and even a person with some kind of common sense, would know better than to dumb down the series to what it used to be. As far as I know, we will keep on growing and spreading with the continuation of the show and it's success. Lauren has set a major revolution here, that really changed the appeal of mere so-called "girly" themed franchises. She made us become one of the most powerful and appreciative fanbases in the world. Not only appearing out of nowhere next to most half-decent quality cartoons nowadays, but as a dark horse (no pun intended) that changed the way people see those kinds of cartoons.

Come to think of it, that's probably why PowerPuff Girls wasn't nearly as popular as MLP: FiM. It didn't have a long-running franchsie before it, and it was blended amongst these other high-quality, classic shows.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm just hoping that G4 will be run as long as possible. Unlike every other generation before G4, G4 is a global success, to age groups no one ever saw coming. So I'm hoping there will be numerous more seasons and other things before we even start to talk about a G5. Don't fix something that isn't broken. I can understand changing things to mix it up like you're saying Zen, but this is media, and sometimes even slight changes can cost you a lot, if people don't all respond the way you want them too.

I agree but, they should pull the plug once they run of ideas, don't keep the show alive after the jokes and moral of the day plots have dried up just to please us fans. I'm on the fence about G5, I don't think hasbro would make it as bad as the old generations, but it will be really hard to replace the mane 6. Hopefully the writers of G4 will stick around to make G5.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 3

FOREVER

*comments without reading question or any of the posts knowing it will make me sad if somebody says not past season 3 or 4*

I DONT WANT TO THINK ABOUT G5. DONT MAKE ME THINK ABOUT IT. Its making me saaaaaaddddddddddd.

• Brohoof 1

I dont see why Hasbro would bother changing everything in G5, I mean this is the first time they've had a successful show for the toy line in... ever. If they want to continue making money and if the want this fanbase to stay they will need a new story, POSSIBLY new characters. But the general art style and voice acting must stay to keep me and many others interested.

I agree but, they should pull the plug once they run of ideas, don't keep the show alive after the jokes and moral of the day plots have dried up just to please us fans. I on the fence about G5, I don't think hasbro would make it as bad as the old generations, but it will be really hard to replace the mane 6. Hopefully the writers of G4 will stick around to make G5.

Most logical opinion in my belief xD I hope that G5 will keep some of the original crew as well. But I think the art and plot are the main thing to work on keeping.

• Brohoof 2