Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Were "Ponies" To You Before FiM?

Zero000

I didn't really pay any mind to the older generation ponies, and I had no idea it was a TV show. One of my friends when I was 10 had a HUGE collection of ponies. She had given me one with a purple coat and pink hair. I think her name had something to do with a flower. Blossom? I don't know, I don't remember. I was never the girl that wanted a pony. I didn't even like ponies/horses. I never assumed I'd like any of this stuff. In high school my senior year, for Valentines I had bought MLP Valentines and handed them out to everyone just to be silly XD Rainbow Dash was the only name I knew. I put stickers from it on my cell phone because they were pretty and colorful, but that was the only reason.

Upon being shown MLP FiM (which I was skeptical to watch in the first place but did without resistance) I was immediately hooked.

Now, I love ponies!! :D

The original show was, and still is, bad, in my opinion.

LittleKuriboh made the old movie a lot of fun though.

Godawful and ugly looking toys that made my blood boil everytime I saw a commercial. But now it's like... OMG, PINKIE PIE TOY ON A COMMERCIAL! MUST GET!

That reminds me, I was watching TV last week and I heard a commercial begin with "Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!" in a voice decidedly different from the one on the show. Of course, my first subconscious reaction was, "No you're not, you lying sack of crap!".

Beware of G3, it will rot your brain into a puddle of pink sugary glittery goo, and the G3.5 New Born Mutants will not only do that, but explode too.

G1, milage may vary, but definately more enjoyable than G3. It gets surprsingly pretty dam dark at times for a little girl's show. :blink:

...Its quite interesting to see the evolution of MLP.

Best way to watch it is to watch the brony commentaries. Makes it bearable....Trust me my brain exploded about thirty times when the theme said: "Rainbow Dash always dresses in style."

Rainbow.Friggin'.DASH.

To me, My little pony was this.

Posted Image

A bad cartoon whose sole purpose was selling cheap plastic ponies with hair accessories.

Now when I think of My Little Pony, I think of this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

I didn't hate it so much as think, "Lulwat, really? How can you like this crap? I'd never watch this in a million years."

Nomnomnom...never have my words tasted so good.

Yeah, I never really actually acknowledged their existence before it the fourth generation. I always just looked at it every time I went to a McDonalds, out of boredom, nothing special. BUT! I have an interesting story to tell!

When I was about seven years old, my mother introduced my sister and me to the internet. The first thing she showed us was e-mail, which she explained was for the use of convenience to send messages. In order to proceed with the creation of our account, she asked us for a word we would remember in order to secure our accounts... I really had no idea what to choose... what was memorable...? I chosen UNICORN.

Now I realize that my loving of ponies was fate...

• Brohoof 3

For me, it was the G1 ponies. (Luckily I skipped G2 and G3!)

My sisters and I collected those old ponies and LOVED THEM! Unfortuately a bratty neighbor kid stole all of them just before we moved, the no-good bitc--*mentally silences the little voice demanding revenge*...sorry...

Especially loved the My Little Pony movie! Nothing can stop the smooze~!!! LOL

Yeah, I never really actually acknowledged their existence before it the fourth generation. I always just looked at it every time I went to a McDonalds, out of boredom, nothing special. BUT! I have an interesting story to tell!

When I was about seven years old, my mother introduced my sister and me to the internet. The first thing she showed us was e-mail, which she explained was for the use of convenience to send messages. In order to proceed with the creation of our account, she asked us for a word we would remember in order to secure our accounts... I really had no idea what to choose... what was memorable...? I chosen UNICORN.

Now I realize that my loving of ponies was fate...

Damn! You were BFFs with Rarity and Twilight Sparkle before you even met them! :lol:

Before MLP FiM, ponies were four legged mammals. I hadn't really heard an awful lot about the older gens of MLP but what I did here was the girliness of them. That was one of the main reasons why at first I didn't give MLP FiM a chance, past judgements and all but I sure am happy that I did give it a chance :)

In Norway my little pony never was on the tv, but I had heard about it actually (they are selling toys here... Kinda strange when the show is not on the tv...). The only thing I knew about it was that it was a kids show, if you said to me that I am becoming a brony 2 years ago I would probably laugh my ass off ( Then I didn't know anything about it).

(edited)

Hahah, interesting thread!

Weeell when I was little I used to host birthday parties for my plush toys.

One day, this certain friend of mine decided to bring a present for my plushie, and it was a G2 My Little Pony toy.

She was yellow and her hair was pink-- Fluttershy, without a doubt.

That's when my little obsession began. I bought a white pony with rainbow hair and a pink one with purple hair.

Those days were beautiful.

Edited by Lambchop

Well I've been alive for only G2, G3 and FIM, until FIM and it's actually realistic characters it was just a line of toys my sister played with based on a bunch of happy overly peaceful ponys that just bounced around in there LSD created world without pourpose

I remember them as generic girly toys, that i would mock for being stupid. The biggest thing i knew about them was their annoying song. In school we would always sing this parody of it:

My little pony, my little pony

Went outside to play

Tripped on a wire, fell in a fire

My little pony is no more

I got out a shotgun, it started to run

Blew its brains away.... (and i forget the rest)

Now if i heard anyone singing that i would have to love and tolerate them to death.