Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Were "Ponies" To You Before FiM?

Zero000

Well, before FiM, ponies to me were...speaking logically, little horses, but really, they were more like girly colored plastic pieces of trash. The commercials were terrible, I'd rage at my TV every time I was in the middle of a cartoon and they came on. One time I ended up hitting my bedroom door with a baseball bat because that damn song was stuck in my head.

I'd have never expected to be watching a MLP based TV show later in my life, really. :huh:

Before internet: silly little horses that my sister loves so much

After Internet, before Faust era: silly half-pig talking monstrosity

After Faust era before Conversion: cancer, cancer everywhere

After Conversion: Oh god I can't live without them

I guess that sums everything Posted Image

Edited by Weyland

I mainly thought of them as a species of animal, and occasionally the subject of a tv show. I really didn't pay much attention to either, now I can't imagine my life if I had never become a Brony!

I'd be bored out of my mind working on homework if it wasn't for ponies, now instead I can procrastinate and have fun! ;)

It really does feel strange though, thinking back to four or so months ago I couldn't have even fathomed watching MLP FIM.

Generic children's toy line aimed at small girls like The Littlest Pet Shop, Bratz, Barbie and The Powerpuff Girls.

Admittedly I've played one of the Barbie's Adventure games for the Playstation 2. The demo for it was laughably poorly programmed and criminally short.

It really does feel strange though, thinking back to four or so months ago I couldn't have even fathomed watching MLP FIM.

My point exactly. But now, life without ponies is unimaginable, am I right? ^_^

To me, they were great prank gifts for birthdays and Christmas.

Troll? :huh:

To me, the previous gen's were just stereotypical Hasbro attempts at selling toys to little girls. The commercial’s, toysRus, etc... When FiM rolled along I still didn't get the hype, it took a year and the huge internet meme threads for me to give it a chance. No going back now :P

Several years ago, a friend of mine and I would mock My Little Pony as the epitome of girly. Now it's the best cartoon I've ever watched.

my friends picked on the girls in my class for liking ponies...calling them the pony pals...

that was in the 5th grade...

12 years later, and I'm not afraid to tell people that this show is awesome!

Honestly I never really even thought about the older generations, nor did I really even hear anypony else ever talk about it.

Now I get highly aggravating when ponies instantly assume FIM is the same as the older generations and don't even give it a chance. Makes me wanna slap a filly.

I never said I didn't give them real gifts.

That or I have completely misunderstood how I was/am trolling. :unsure:

*gives present to friend*

*friend unwraps present*

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

The first item on my Christmas list. (Not an MLP toy either...A real living breathing pony.) The first type of horse I learned to ride before graduating to a gelding and a toy I collected from McDonalds. (I had a Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie from Gen 3 from there...I re named them Prancer and Cobalt after Saddle Club horses.)

After discovering FIM on the Hub ads: "God that's so stupid."

Watching an episode out of boredom and needing something 'quiet' whilst nursing a headache: "Kinda cute...Eh still stupid."

After Know your Meme: "...Eh can't believe people like this but to each their own just stop ponifying Trauma Center!"

After finally giving it a chance: "..This is the best cartoon I've seen in years besides anime."

Edited by Arashi Takamine
  • Brohoof 2

Childish insults meant to make you feel the power of glitter and stereotypes, and cause your head to blow up.

For me it was just another popular toy line. Use to see them in Toys r us all the time. I actually had a few of them, but I was never really interested in them until fim. Now I can't get them out of my head haha.

Edited by HealHeart

Well I had completely forgotten about their existence until my brother brought up My Little Pony. And I thought "I remember My Little Pony. They had those movies that totally void of positive qualities. Everything about them was awful."

As a kid, they never interested me. I hated the insipid shows and the absymsal commercials that made me feel stupider every time I saw them. The toys might've been interesting to play with if I'd ever been much of a person for toys, but I preferred books. The older I got, the more I hated the shows, because I developed such a strong despisal for the sort of insult they spat with their mindlessness and vapidity. They were offensive, because they represented so much of what was wrong with the culture of little girl entertainment and toys, that being that they were as stupid as possible.

Of course, that was before I saw the G4 show. I'm still amazed at just how different it is from the previous generations. Those shows were worse than a lot of sitcoms in how much they degraded your brain, for Pete's sake! But not this show. Oh no. It's delightful, to say the least.