Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Filli Vanill have been about Sweetie Belle?

TheUnknownPhantom5

As you can see by the title I am asking the question on wheather or not the Season 4 episode Filli Vanilli should have been about Sweetie Belle, Instead of Fluttershy.

Now here's the thing Fluttershy is my favorite character in the whole show, When I first saw her I instantly fell in love with her personailty (What can I say I'm a sucker for the shy girls) and I love all her episodes (With a Few exceptions (cough Putting Your Hoof Down Cough Worst Fluttershy Episode Cough) That includes the one I'm talking about, Music in the Treetops is also one of my favorite songs as well no matter how short it is, but should it really have been About Fluttershy? 

Okay so let's look back at some episodes in the show that take place before the Episode Filli Vanilli

Winter Wrap Up

The Best Night Ever

May The Best Pet Win

Hurricane Fluttershy

and

The Show Stoppers.

Let's start with the first three. Winter Wrap Up, The Best Night Ever, and May The Best Pet Win. The thing these three episodes have in common is that they feature Fluttershy singing solo parts in songs, infront of other ponies, and seeming perfectly fine with it. Heck she even had the first Solo part in At the Gala. Now you could make the Arguement that "She was with her friends so she was more Comfortable". But here's the thing. In Filli Vanilli she got nervous when she found out the rest of the Mane Six had heard her singing. So why did she have a problem with it then, and not before.

Now let's talk about Hurricane Fluttershy. The thing that episode has in common with Filli Vanilli is both talk about Fluttershy having Stage Fright,but here's the thing. In Hurricane Fluttershy, The thing Fluttershy was afraid of doing infront of other ponies Wasn't Singing it was Flying do to a past experinace, and seeing her overcome that fear is one if the reasons it's probaly the most popular Fluttershy Episode in the fandom.

Now let's finally talk about the other Pony it this Question, and the Last Episode I mentioned above. Sweetie Belle, and The Show Stoppers. Now I'll be honest I don't really have alot to go off of with Sweetie Belle, but basicaly In the Episode The Show Stoppers, both Apple Bloom, and Twilight complemented Sweetie Belle's singing voice and both tried to encourge her to be the one to sing in the CMCs perfomance, but she refused saying and I quote "No way I'm singing infront of a crowad". This proves to us that Like Fluttershy, Sweetie Belle also has stage fright, however seeing as this was never brought up again There's not much I can go off of for Sweetie Belle's Case

But I'd like to know your opinon on this.

What do you think?

Should Filli Vanilli have been about Sweetie Belle instead of Fluttershy, or was it fine the way it was?

For me I think I would have liked the episode had it been about either Fluttershy, or Sweetie Belle, but I also think it would have only worked for one of those two characters and Nopony else.

• Brohoof 2

For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils, which comes only five episodes later, shows Sweetie Belle wanting to shine on stage for a play, so it's likely her not wanting to perform in front of a crowd then was just because she wasn't ready. She had no problem being a terrible singer in Sleepless in Ponyville either. Not sure why you think the episode would've worked with Sweetie Belle since it's clearly not a sub-sequel to The Show Stoppers, but Bridle Gossip. :mustache:

I don't think so because we had For Whom The Sweetie Belle Tolls not too long after which was a brilliant episode for her. The same way Filli Vanilli is a great episode for Fluttershy, I wouldn't want such a good episode altered. :squee:

• Brohoof 1