Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's problems?

True Rarity

I don't think heredity has to do with anything about Scootaloo's flight problem. Even if a Pegasus foal had two earth pony parents they can still fly as Pound Cake did.

I'm going along with saying due to Scootaloo supposedly being an orphan she just didn't learn how to use her wings properly.

Sweetie Belle on the other hand. I believe unicorn magic doesn't work until said unicorn finds out thier special talent.

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo can't do any of the basics. She can't lift up from the ground at all. Again, the idea that there was no need for her to learn to fly doesn't make sense - look at Pound Cake, in the exact same situation, who can fly after a month.

That still doesn't make sense if you look at Pound Cake again - his parents are both Earth Ponies too, and he can fly remarkably well. Why must it suddenly differ for Scootaloo? Plus it wouldn't be a case of nutrients - again, the Cakes never foresaw Pound Cake being a Pegasus but still raised him just fine.

Which leads me to my original point - it was a surge of flight ability. If it wasn't, then Fluttershy and Scootaloo, one of which couldn't fly until school age and one that can't fly at all, have unexplainable disabilities/delays.

I'm not saying Scootaloo needs to fly. If you ask me keep her grounded now, until the show ends.

Also, What does raising him have to do with anything? They can take care of him well, but they won't be able to teach him how to fly.

Actually, there is. Rainbow Dash talks about pegasus' foals power surges, except that instead of explaining fancy like Rarity, she simply says that once Pound Cake gets those wings going, he'll be all over the place.

If you can now rewatch the episode, and it is literally not there, I might've broken dimensional barriers earlier than expected, but that's not likely.

Yes she did say that, but she never gave a point of when flying would stop. 

Still I feel like we are getting off topic here. I started a new topic on this subject.

• 8 years later...
On 2013-09-07 at 3:41 PM, pinkiefan1287 said:

I'm not saying Scootaloo needs to fly. If you ask me keep her grounded now, until the show ends.

Also, What does raising him have to do with anything? They can take care of him well, but they won't be able to teach him how to fly.

Yes she did say that, but she never gave a point of when flying would stop. 

Still I feel like we are getting off topic here. I started a new topic on this subject.

Scootaloo's Family well scootaloo is a Australian  Pegasus Filly and Her mother is a Pegasus and her Father is a earth pony with Australian accent

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2013-09-07 at 3:41 PM, pinkiefan1287 said:

There is the Cloudsdale flight camp. Plus Ponyville has enough pegasi that they might possibly have something available locally.

As for Scootaloo, if it were simply a matter of her having somepony to teach her to fly, one would think Rainbow Dash would be taking care of that (some fans have speculated that that's what attracted Scootaloo to Rainbow Dash in the first place).

Edited by HedonismBot

• 1 year later...