Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why was Pipp not as Important?

eventyraren

On 2021-09-25 at 8:25 PM, eventyraren said:

I feel that Pipp was the one That was the least important in the movie. Zipp was the one that wanted to change everything and even Hitch at least tried to stop the robot. But Pipp did not really do anything. 

The fact she was one of the first 3 character to be revealed and still not mean anything. 

Well, I agree with you. She felt the least important to me too. But the run time ist at the end of the day limited and you need to decide what you want to put the focus on. It's feels unsatisfying on the one hand but there is a full series coming our way where she will have enough screen time. Besides it's a really good sign that ppl want to see more of this installation and these characters. I take these as a good signs for a bright future of G5 :>

Zipp could also have more Screen time. I'm a big Pegasi fan at the end of the day :> The Movie focusses on Sunny and Izzy for obvious reasons and Hitch has also a lot of screentime/dialogs cause they are childhood .. foalhood? friends.

She just kind of ends up being along for the ride, and as such, I have to put her at the bottom of my character ranking in spite of Rarity being my number one in FiM (and perceiving Pipp to be the closest equivalent).  On top of that, it's odd that the movie has her be the Pegasus to help Sunny and Izzy put together the stones when I can't help but feel it should have been Zipp.  To be fair, all of the cast could use more screen time, but she's definitely at the top of the list of characters who would benefit from that.  I suppose a show would remedy that.  It's possible my character rankings may change depending on how they're developed in the upcoming series.  

• Brohoof 1

Pipp has a song number that is.... to me... not well animated for its context.

She uses a sexy voice saying "Growing Up, Count on Love, Dip And Slide, ?????"

Spoiler

However, the animation doesn't reflect this voice or singing style at all. For the parts where she is seen, her wings are flapping and she is being pulled up and down in a weird wavy pattern, and she is smiling and singing a happy tune (any happy tune would work). Not fitting a sexy (read modern) sounding pop song. Either the song wasn't right for the movie in general, or the character wasn't well written. So in conclusion, I take it Pipp wasn't that important because her character wasn't thought through?