Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 was not the first generation of MLP to be animated in 3D

Discord the Amazing

A simple wiki search led me to more information about this show. It is produced by some unknown studio called Cake Mix Studios. Pinkie Pie's voice actor Andrea Libman stated "Oh wow. Yeah this hurts" on Twitter in August 2019, so something seems odd about the production of this show. Why would a voice actor be so outspoken about something that could potentially lose her job?

3D renders of the G4 ponies have existed by fans of the show since many years back, so G5 wasn't first. That is a correct statement. But G5 is just a movie so far (unless I missed all the 2D merchandise).

EDIT:
Also, I agree with the rest of the replies here. @Discord the Amazing, we need to know why this is so important that G4 was first? Does it help G4 in some way? Does the 3D reflect G5's production? Is there any link between them? Does this topic belong to the G5 forum at all? Else it will probably be moved to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 1

From what I can interpret, it seems like @Discord the Amazing is trying to say that G4 was the first MLP gen to introduce us to 3D ponies with “Hello Pinkie Pie”. This means that G5 was not the first to use 3D pony animation. That being said, it is hard to tell how well connected Hello Pinkie Pie is to G4. It appears it is just a random spinoff and 3D happened to be a cheaper way to make it.

I believe most people too think the 3D was some sort of new animation advertisement. Kids’ movies nowadays tend to be animated in 3D and G5’s use of it is simply a reflection of the times. Compare G1 to G4, for instance. G1, from what I can tell anyways, was done by painting in hand-drawn cells while G4 was done in a flash program with computer techniques. Animation is going to keep evolving regardless of how people view it.

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to G4 was the first generation animated in 3D (before G5!)
  • The title was changed to G5 was not the first generation of MLP to be animated in 3D
On 2021-10-17 at 2:04 PM, Splashee said:

A simple wiki search led me to more information about this show. It is produced by some unknown studio called Cake Mix Studios. Pinkie Pie's voice actor Andrea Libman stated "Oh wow. Yeah this hurts" on Twitter in August 2019, so something seems odd about the production of this show. Why would a voice actor be so outspoken about something that could potentially lose her job?

3D renders of the G4 ponies have existed by fans of the show since many years back, so G5 wasn't first. That is a correct statement. But G5 is just a movie so far (unless I missed all the 2D merchandise).

EDIT:
Also, I agree with the rest of the replies here. @Discord the Amazing, we need to know why this is so important that G4 was first? Does it help G4 in some way? Does the 3D reflect G5's production? Is there any link between them? Does this topic belong to the G5 forum at all? Else it will probably be moved to Sugarcube Corner.

It’s to make a point my fine little pony friend and that is no one should be praising G5 saying it’s the first and best 3D animation because, what if a character like Discord was to return to the scene, how would they be able to animate such chaos hahaha but laughs aside I stand corrected 

• 2 years later...