Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So Sunny's Lighthouse Home Can Do...What?

Darkness Void

-Spoilers for the movie ahead-

So, the ending of the movie has Sunny discovering a 3rd stone within her dad's lighthouse in what I can only assume is some sort of a machine to...do what exactly? Shine the magic from the 3 crystals through the lighthouse and across the sky akin to the Crystal Empire spreading the magic from the Crystal Heart? Or was this hidden compartment just meant to hide away the stones? But, that would assume her dad knew the stones existed and never actually went out to find the other 2. If he knew that hidden compartment with the 3rd stone was there and had even the faintest of ideas of what it was, why didn't he tell or at least leave Sunny some sort of way to find them?

But again, what was this compartment meant for? And why is it in the lighthouse of a random pony? It doesn't look old, and Sunny never knew it existed even though she grew up there. It honestly makes me think the lighthouse was built or configured in a way to channel the 3 stones and their magic somehow. But what do you guys think? We can all agree on one thing, though. Whatever this compartment or lighthouse was meant to do, thanks to Sprout, it will be forever lost to the sands of time. Let's just hope it wasn't meant to save pony kind...

On a side note, where did this stones come from? Are they the Elements Of Harmony planted by the Mane6 as the Pillars Of Equestria did before them? Like to hear those thoughts as well!

And, thanks for reading. ^^

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to So Sunny's Lighthouse Home Can Do...What?

I say Twilight made the crystals and the lighthouse. The lighthouse was made to spread the magic from the crystals. That didn't go as planned but it still worked. Sunny and Argyle may be descended from Twilight. I don't think Argyle really knew how the lighthouse worked but he had researched the history a lot.

• Brohoof 1

I think it is like likely that Twilight was involved with both the crystals and the lighthouse. Although that would mean that the lighthouse itself is far older than what seems to be the case, if this is thousands of years after G4 than the Lighthouse would have to be that old.

• Brohoof 1

I always viewed the lighthouse as similar to the secret area explored by Sunny, Izzy, and Zipp that was in Zephyr Heights, the place where they found out about the stones supposedly used to bring magic back.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-10-24 at 1:46 PM, Starforce said:

I think it is like likely that Twilight was involved with both the crystals and the lighthouse. Although that would mean that the lighthouse itself is far older than what seems to be the case, if this is thousands of years after G4 than the Lighthouse would have to be that old.

It would be run down and crumbling if that was the case. Although being an Alicorn Twilight would live forever unless she gave up her magic, was slain, or anything like that. What I can assume was, depending on how long ago the 3 races went separate ways, Twilight or some form of her successor, could've been around no more than 500 years ago. 1000 the lighthouse would be falling apart unless Sunny's dad had repaired it from the ground up but that would mean he without doubt had known about the stones.

I really hope that the show will at least give us a hint of what this lighthouse could've been about.

• Brohoof 1