Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cutie mark that I made for an OC.

Kitty_Cat

The first one is pretty good, I like it! It's a pretty simple design overall, and a little abstract. To me it communicates "passion with an inner spark".

The second one is interesting, and definitely unique. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, though. It it a play on the term "tune up"? Because that's pretty clever! The ribbons are a neat touch, but maybe unnecessary. 

The designs should have more flat colors though. Overly detailed/rendered cutie marks don't translate well when actually put on a pony because they end up too small to really appreciate the detail.

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Scila Bell said:

The first one is pretty good, I like it! It's a pretty simple design overall, and a little abstract. To me it communicates "passion with an inner spark".

The second one is interesting, and definitely unique. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, though. It it a play on the term "tune up"? Because that's pretty clever! The ribbons are a neat touch, but maybe unnecessary. 

The designs should have more flat colors though. Overly detailed/rendered cutie marks don't translate well when actually put on a pony because they end up too small to really appreciate the detail.

Thank you!
The first one represents the light and fire magic the pony has, as well as her self-motivation to do things,
The second one represents his musical talent, robotic engineering talent, and the ribbons are for the fact he uses those two for entertainment, as well as where he got those talents from and the morals he stands on.
When I draw these characters I will make them more flat, I just made them more detailed here for photoshop and color practice.

Edited by Kitty_Cat
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Neat! Are these for your icon OC or some other characters?

First one is for my pfp's cutie mark, and the other is for another OC I have.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Kitty_Cat said:

First one is for my pfp's cutie mark, and the other is for another OC I have.

I like the one you made for your icon OC but like @Scila Bell said, it would look better with less detail in it. Cutie Marks are meant to be basic and flat. For display purposes, though, keeping the detail would be nice if you wanted to use those for banners or something.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

I like the one you made for your icon OC but like @Scila Bell said, it would look better with less detail in it. Cutie Marks are meant to be basic and flat. For display purposes, though, keeping the detail would be nice if you wanted to use those for banners or something.

Yep, the detail is purely for practice on photo editing and color, though it does sound interesting to use it for a banner :ooh:

• Brohoof 1