Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E11 - Maretime Bay Day 2.0

CastletonSnob

A new Tell Your Tale episode came out today, but I have a feeling it'll be COMPLETELY overshadowed by the special.

Title: Maretime Bay Day 2.0
Release Date: May 26th, 2022
Written By: Tom Gidman
Synopsis: The ponies try to cheer up Pipp after her Maretime Bay Day v-log gets deleted.
Note:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I really like this episode, though I don't love Izzy's actions or the fact they used the "Mane Melody" song for the end.

I do like how this episode shows Pipp's sentimental side, how deeply she appreciates good moments outside of fame.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked

Sometimes, Izzy's enthusiasm gets the better of her and she doesn't realize how problematic it can be. I think they need to tone that down in the future. On a side note, I loved seeing all those bloopers which makes me curious as to what else happens in Maretime Bay. 

• Brohoof 2

Absolutely awesome episode! So awesome that they used Mane Melody again too, because it is such an awesome song.

Pipp is so wonderful and I love how she gets more character development throughout this series.

• Brohoof 2

Another awesome episode of Tell Your Tale!

Spoiler
  • Izzy doesn't understand computers. :lie:
  • Poor Pipp is sad! *Feel Better Hugs Bestie* :(
  • I loved the way everypony tried to cheer up Pipp. :rarity:
  • They sang "Mane-Melody" again! Woohoo! :D

All right; this is a Pipp episode! I will not complain about that one bit! :D

Great episode! Loved the character development we get and just...Zipp being best big sister ever! <3

Spoiler

Also loved the continuity with MyM! Perfect time to be released and I'm happy I watched MyM first. XD

• Brohoof 1

This was a good one. Lots of love and friendship between the characters. They definitely need to tone down Izzy's craziness a bit but hey, everybody's accidentally deleted something. :baconmane:

So we see a pony computer for the first time. Fifteen buttons:

image.thumb.png.a7394e028ba0e2f3a6be4cedd7b78892.png

• Brohoof 2

This is the Mane Five at their very best. When someone screws up, the others are there to help them out. They went more than out of their way to cheer Pipp up and recreate Maretime Bay Day as authentically as possible, and as such, shared memorable moments together.

*applause* Bravo! :D

• Brohoof 3

I said in the Make Your Mark pilot thread that I still enjoy this show more than Make Your Mark, and this is why. Funniest episode since Nightmare Roommate to me, I was not expecting that bit of dark humor where that poor earth pony got eaten by a flower that turned out to be a carnivorous plant. Only flaw is that even though the episode ending with Let Out Your Light, the song from Mane Melody, was cute, I like a bit of musical variety and it felt weird for them to be mentioning Mane Melody when they weren't even at Mane Melody. :dash:

• Brohoof 1

First things first, what exactly is pony life? Well, I'd say it's much like human life. You have your routine, you go through different stages of growth, you make friends, you get into trouble, you learn lessons, etc. But, unlike human beings that are biologically capable of reproduction, ponies can only reproduce with other ponies. They cannot produce offspring with any of the other equines or non-equine animals who share their environment. In addition to this, they do not possess sex organs and are incapable of procreation sexually. So basically, if you don't have a mate, you're stuck being alone.

This episode was actually decent for being TYT. Some of the humor was funny, it is interestingly tied to the MYM specials, and I enjoyed parts of it. The main aspect for me appreciating this episode is that there is another hint of character development for Pipp. At the end of the episode she decides to just live life rather than fixate on her phone and just focus on filming everything. So far Pipp's character seems very one-dimensional due to being centered around her phone/social media, so it's good to see her start to learn to value actual friends and experiences over followers and fame on the internet. This episode still suffers from many of TYT's problems, but at least this episode managed to be enjoyable. 

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the lesson and the song, the point I do not like is that it showcases the social media aspect very clearly. Pipp needs to get off her computer screen...so do I, anyway. These episodes are great to kill time with, I suppose I was wrong to be as harsh as I was towards it, but hey, still good, but not golden good. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to S01:E11 - Maretime Bay Day 2.0
  • 2 weeks later...