Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you adapt the Ghibli movie, "Castle in the Sky" as a Daring Do adventure?

Jerry246

We're talking a famed equestrian adventurer as well as her rivals...

0b091bbb9346884e04b03091af31dd56.jpg

heading off to seek out this place...

GHI_CastleInTheSky__Select2.jpg

The question is, what would be their purposes and motivations for these characters for going to Laputa? What would drive them to seek out and come to this place and what aspect of Laputa do they seek?

Overall, I believe the general theme of this kind of story would be that not everything belongs in a museum and some things are best left alone.

Overall, I believe the general theme of this kind of story would be that not everything belongs in a museum and some things are best left alone.

Honestly, I really could see an adventure like this being the one that really hammers that point in for Daring Do. 

As for the story itself, Daring learns of Caballeron attempting to find this "Laputa" and use it for monetary gain and seeks to stop him. They have various run-ins, and they both run into that parrot pirates from the movie, who would play a similar role that the pirates played in the Laputa movie. In the end, they both reach Laputa, but find that Ahuizotl was following them the entire time. In the end the golems are activated through teamwork between Daring and Caballeron with Ahuizotl being defeated (not so much dead, but to be seen later of course) and Caballeron & his goons arrested.

Daring, through the course of the adventure, as the vision was not only saving Laputa, but also bringing teams of archeologists & such to excavate it, but once she learns of it's power she finds it's best to leave somethings alone to their own devices.

Well, I’m certain “The Bitch” may have a different name :mlp_icwudt:

Spoiler

I couldn’t resist. “Laputa” sounds like “la puta”, which is Spanish for “the bitch” :D

Anyway, that could adapted from Daring Do and the Forbidden City of Clouds for the sound of it. Those are my two cents, I know nothing about Castle in the Sky :huh:…. Other than the funny artifact name :muffins:

(edited)
8 hours ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Honestly, I really could see an adventure like this being the one that really hammers that point in for Daring Do. 

As for the story itself, Daring learns of Caballeron attempting to find this "Laputa" and use it for monetary gain and seeks to stop him. They have various run-ins, and they both run into that parrot pirates from the movie, who would play a similar role that the pirates played in the Laputa movie. In the end, they both reach Laputa, but find that Ahuizotl was following them the entire time. In the end the golems are activated through teamwork between Daring and Caballeron with Ahuizotl being defeated (not so much dead, but to be seen later of course) and Caballeron & his goons arrested.

Daring, through the course of the adventure, as the vision was not only saving Laputa, but also bringing teams of archeologists & such to excavate it, but once she learns of it's power she finds it's best to leave somethings alone to their own devices.

It'd be pretty much Indiana Jones in the first half and then turns into silent running, especially when Daring sees the garden and the giant tree at the very top of the castle.

Filling the role of the army from Laputa would probably be the remnants of the Storm King's army, trying to rebuild their strength after the events of the MLP movie.

Maybe rather than Ahuizotl an entirely new villain would be introduced, basically a Ponified Muska. He'd be a temporary part of Caballeron's gang but it becomes clear that he dragging them along with him both through the promise of treasure and through coercion and blackmail. They don't like working with him but are being forced by him to tag along. What he wants is not petty treasure, but something greater.. Overshadowing Caballeron and his goons and even they question this new villain's true motives. It'd be revealed that he is the exact same king that tried to use laputa to conquer equestria thousands of Years in the past, which only led to Laputa being imprisoned within a Giant storm. His longevity due to being an alicorn, but appearing as a unicorn due to his wings being hidden under a cloak. He wants to reclaim Laputa and use it's power again to rule the Skies.

As with any indiana jones style adventurer, there's the collapsing temple cliche, like the spell of destruction being involved like in the movie. Destroying much of Laputa taking the treasure and whatever destructive weapons and force with it. Only the gardens in the upper levels remaining. The castle, with all that weight being shed, drifts higher and higher until it's so high that airships, pegasi and other flying creatures cannot reach it. Daring, the pirates and caballeron escaping from the castle and watching whatever is left drifting away

Edited by Jerry246