Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movie Adaptations Of Video Games You Would Want

crispy fries

What games do want to see movie adaptations of? Is there any particular actor, director, etc., that you would want? I'm not discussing whether movie adaptations of games are bad, just if there are any you want. I think a good Max Payne movie would be cool, maybe starring Bruce Willis, or if he's too old, Tom Hardy.

Edited by crispy fries
  • Brohoof 1

Child of Light! Done in the same way as the game. The world is so beautiful and the music so fantastic that I would love to see these characters on the big screen, with voices and all, though I am not sure how it would work with the entire script being in rhyme like the game, unless they just scrapped that part, which I wouldn't be entirely against. I liked the rhyming, but I understand it could make a film adaptation difficult. 

• Brohoof 2

I wanna see a movie based on Metroid, personally.  :squee: I think it has some solid potential for action/suspense/scifi crud.

Though really, there's a ton of worthy games that could make for an interesting (if strange) movie idea. Legend of Zelda, Front Mission, Elder Scrolls...

Each Halo game as a movie. It would make for a kewl series of movies and we could delve deeper into lore than in the games. Although, it's hard to pick between live-action or CGI (I like CGI more, especially after H5:G's cinematic cutscenes)

I'd like to see an adaptation of Pokemon Gold. Red had his spotlight in those four episodes, I think Gold deserves a chance to shine too. Plus, the climactic battle atop the peak of mount silver would be epic as hell.

Edited by Celtore

Battlefield. I love all of their campaigns and I think it would make some great war movies. They would just maybe follow a squad of the standard four classes through a war as they advance with the rest of the army to victory, throw in a mix of MW2 campaign like where Ramirez fights through Virginia and D.C. and you got a movie. It's pretty open ended what they could do.

Well knowing the reputations that video game movies currently have, at the moment I don't really want any of my favorite games getting a movie adaptation.

Unless it is some kind of anime or something.

The Witcher 3. If done properly, I think it would be amazing. As much as I would want to see a Half-Life movie, having a silent protagonist doesn't work too well for a movie.

Edited by Azure Flare

• 6 years later...

Sometimes what I want is not a replica of a video games story, sometimes not even a story that's relative to the IPs initial story... What I want often times is another character say like a side character, supporting character, alternate main character with their OWN original story that takes place in the same universe as the IP... Like I am a big Rareware fanatic, they've inspired a lot of creative perspective and personality in me, that have subliminally impacted the flow of my life and a lot of my ideas and subconscious interests... I want a story that takes place in the same universe as Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, and Donkey Kong Country/64. Only I want the story to be centered around a cuter side character, and not one of these abused and neglected IPs main characters.. they will still be part of the story kinda, and make appearances, but I love the universe ITSELF not just the game that inspired it, the universe is game for a Cartoon show, not a movie, maybe if the show does well eventually...

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 1

On 2016-02-25 at 9:57 PM, Megas said:

I'll change my thoughts once we get a good one, but for the time being, none

It’s still this even with Sonic and Detective Pikachu actually being good. Every other attempt continues to fail miserably, Uncharted failed miserably, Ratchet and Clank failed miserably, Assassin’s Creed failed miserably, WoW failed miserably, Sly Cooper is basically dead, and the recent attempt at Resident Evil was so bad it made the Milla Jovovich movies look good in comparison. Studios need to get their act together before I can trust them. The animated Pokémon movies blew, but the live action Detective Pikachu? It actually worked because crew was in love with the concept and wanted to make it work. The whipping boy of the gaming industry, Sonic, of all franchises, did so and it actually freaking worked, so obviously it’s not impossible. They have zero excuses

Edited by Megas

2 hours ago, Megas said:

It’s still this even with Sonic and Detective Pikachu actually being good. Every other attempt continues to fail miserably, Uncharted failed miserably, Ratchet and Clank failed miserably, Assassin’s Creed failed miserably, WoW failed miserably, Sly Cooper is basically dead, and the recent attempt at Resident Evil was so bad it made the Milla Jovovich movies look good in comparison. Studios need to get their act together before I can trust them. The animated Pokémon movies blew, but the live action Detective Pikachu? It actually worked because crew was in love with the concept and wanted to make it work. The whipping boy of the gaming industry, Sonic, of all franchises, did so and it actually freaking worked, so obviously it’s not impossible. They have zero excuses

Did it work in like the sales department? Or does it have good tomatoes or some other sentiment that doesn't actually say anything for the quality of the story or how it was written? Bc I can't stand Detective Pikachu, it's the WORST Pokemon movie I've EVER seen... familiarity is why it was successful, these other movies aren't ABOUT Pikachu, Pikachu is just in all the episodes and movies bc he is a staple of the franchise, he's so iconic I can blast link and ganon into the overrated video game grave in Smash Bros with a thunderbolt with him... So iconic "hey you Pikachu" tricked us into thinking we could really talk to Pikachu as kids... So iconic he is the only canonical Pokemon starter that is an electric type and essentially created his own game difficulty..., There is never gonna be a detective hoopa, or diancie, or shaymin, or any of these other cute Pokemon who all had movies of which I actually LOVED... Now I LOVE Pikachu, saying he's overrated would be absolute blasphemy, but Detective Pikachu is not source, or canon, it's terrible honestly and has some remarkably cringe renders... I objectively hate detective Pikachu, but I love the animated movies... Guess that's me

Sorry forgot one thing, PIKACHU is SO ICONIC that he is not only the only Pokemon in the Pokemon games to have a voice actor, he's the ONLY character in general to have one ... That is all.

Edited by KingCorvus

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my favorite games ever are Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Splatoon 3

An Animal Crossing movie could be an adorable simple animated movie perhaps about like in New Horizons building a town and community

And we could have maybe an origin story of the Inklings and Octolings (That may be a bit of a stretch admittedly)

But I would love to see these two come to life on the big screen. Just, no live action of them, please?

12 minutes ago, Sweet Sweet Dreams said:

Some of my favorite games ever are Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Splatoon 3

An Animal Crossing movie could be an adorable simple animated movie perhaps about like in New Horizons building a town and community

And we could have maybe an origin story of the Inklings and Octolings (That may be a bit of a stretch admittedly)

But I would love to see these two come to life on the big screen. Just, no live action of them, please?

There IS an Animal Crossing movie my friend :) and it's freaking adorable, you have to watch it with subtitles though as it was only released in Japanese. Side note, I love ACNH as well haha, the movie is based on an earlier AC but you will love it if you love AC

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Reform Conundrum said:

There IS an Animal Crossing movie my friend :) and it's freaking adorable, you have to watch it with subtitles though as it was only released in Japanese. Side note, I love ACNH as well haha, the movie is based on an earlier AC but you will love it if you love AC

I'll have to check that out one day:)  

• Brohoof 1

If they ever make a Zelda movie, then Ron Perlman would be a perfect Ganondorf.

On 2022-09-28 at 12:15 PM, Reform Conundrum said:

I've seen it, too. Pleasant and underrated.

• Brohoof 2

Gran Turismo getting its own movie... yeah, I don't see in it ever succeeding. And I've been a Gran Turismo fan since I was seven. With a generic plotline being revealed, along with live action mixed in, it'll just get thrashed by critics and user reviewers alike.

• Brohoof 1