Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jonke

"The aftermath of the fierce battle between Jonke and Tich. Jonke returned to a unnamed isle in the sky.. Caught a cold after being hit by several Ice beams..."

So third attempt at drawing! I hope it's okey. Posted Image

• Brohoof 19

I rather like this. ^^

So third attempt at drawing! I hope it's okey. Posted Image

Third attempt?

Good God, man. I hope you plan on sticking with the stuffdrawing.

• Brohoof 1

Jonke, you should really draw more often if this piece of art is anything to go by.

The Triforce Sun in the background is a really nice touch, and I commend you on actually managing to get this exported in a glorious 5000x6000 resolution. Really makes the piece shine.

• Brohoof 2

>Sees picture

>reads "Third attempt at drawing"

>Looks at picture again

>Hates self for not being able to draw after 20 times that many attempts

Really good job there Jonke!

It doesn't show that it's only your 3rd attempt of drawing, but I also know that you follow a lot of artists on dA, and I guess you pick up a few tricks when you do that. It's a really nice piece, though the details on Snivy compared to the sword makes the background look rather flat since there's a whole lot of added depth to Snivy.

Lineart, I don't have any comments on this other than keep up the practise, it comes with time, just make sure to think about them lines.

The gradial shadows a nice, but they could've blended in a lot better with a little thought to that, as well as the highlights. I recommend using a proper blending tool for that as well. I know little about PS, but I know Sai has a brilliant tool for that.

With the background you chose to use, I would recommend some blending there as well, to make it a little fuzzy and look "out of focus" since this would make it less clear that it's lacking details.

What just comes to show from this piece is that patience when drawing really pays off. Knowing how long you spent on that before releasing means that you took all the time you needed. What good artists do is draw quicker, not necessarily better, but just quicker. And it doesn't make you a great artist if you rush anything.

*Notices it said that it was his third attempt*

*Looks back at my own drawings/painting*

*I just got very sad*

Amazing work Jonke!

I love how you combined the battles with Tich and how he got a cold from the ice beams!