Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a Mac or PC user?

Nightfall Veilwing

• 5 months later...

PC forever, not being able to do maintenance would drive me nuts :derp:. I like Linux better than Windows. I just made the switch recently so I've only used Linux Mint, but whenever I build a new machine I want to try out Arch.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently a Windows user. I've tried switching to Mac computers, but each time I did I ended up going back. The biggest issue I have with Macs is that you can no longer upgrade the hardware in them (for example: If you need to upgrade the RAM or storage capacity, you have to buy a new computer because Apple soldered those components directly to the motherboard). For this reason, I refuse to buy an M1/2/3 Mac unless Apple decides to make them serviceable again.

Windows does have its problems (mainly telemetry and unwanted software being automatically installed at times), but there are ways to turn those off. As someone who does creative work, Linux would be a bit of a hassle for me to try to convert to using as a daily driver.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I use to use pc now I am on Lubuntu which is a linux distro based on Ubuntu.

Edited by Dabmanz

On 2023-08-27 at 3:06 PM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I've always been a Windows lad. I have tried out Linux and really enjoyed it but flight sims don't really play that well with it. Not surprising since they barely run on Windows sometimes lol. But most of my other games work pretty well though which is impressive. I'd probably switch to Linux if it weren't for the flight sims not working.

I've never tried MacOS, simply because I've never owned a Mac or gone through the process of making a hackintosh. Really the only Apple products I've owned are iPods and iPads, since Android tablets are really underwhelming. I have thought about trying out iOS and the iPhone just out of curiosity, maybe buy an old used iPhone and try it out.

I did end up getting an iPhone a few months after this lol.

Still only use windows for my desktop and laptop although the M series MacBooks are very tempting buys with how stupidly efficient they are. Unfortunately even M1 MacBooks are still like 500-600 dollars used which is hard to justify for what are now 4 year old laptops.

I'm a Mac and Cheese user. :P

(sorry I see opportunity for pun I take it)

But being serious now, I have a Windows 10 laptop. Never used Mac as far as I can recall.

Always been a PC user and I always will spend so much money on the upgrades I need to make my pc better then before. :yay: