Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rarity French?

SIgmaBETA

I think Rarity appreciates French culture, but I don't think she is French herself. It is common for people to think of France as fancy and high cultured, these are both things that I think Rarity would want to be associated with. So in short no I don't think she is French just a poser :mlp_pout:

"We're breaking for tea and biscuits!" 

Only British people call the time to break for tea and cookies "tea and biscuits". Okay, maybe not only British people, but that is definitely a British saying. Europe doesn't exist in the world of MLP:FiM, but Rarity is definitely intended to be like a Briton. 

Rarity has a mid-Atlantic accent and speaks like a amalgamation of Audrey Hepburn and Vivian Liegh (which was intentional). Her parents have an accent that is very Great Lakes region, and we know that she grew up mostly in Ponyville. 

So, no she isn’t French. However she has adopted a sophisticated mannerism because of her dreams and ideals. I like to thing her grandmother was like that and that’s where Rarity gets it from. 

• Brohoof 4

I find it rather interesting that the term French is Canonically mentioned a handful of times throughout the series.
Upon observation, I'd say she's has more of that British/trans-Atlantic accent and stylistically falls in that boat more than French.

Edited by Whirlwind