Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Tater Tots, Hash Browns, French Fries or Wedges?

Denim&Venöm

How do you like your potatoes?   

25 users have voted

1. 1. Tater Tots, French Fries, Has Browns, Potato Wedges

• Tater Tots
    • French Fries
    • Hash Browns
    • Potato Wedges

4 minutes ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

You forgot Jojos. (I mean they are technically just what my brethren call potato wedges so this is just a joke really...)

Jo-Jo-Potatoes-720x720.jpg.2e45f1eb7ee4649c345ad046da02d7c1.jpg

Heh never heard of that before, so I looked it out. It's an older saying, sir, but it checks out.

Just now, PiratePony said:

Heh never heard of that before, so I looked it out. It's an older saying, sir, but it checks out.

It's more of a northwestern thing, like when I was a kid living in Washington state I've never heard them called anything but jo-jos.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust
  • Brohoof 2

I love oven baked potaywedgea cooked in the same pan as roasting chicken, with some lemon juice. I've tried making Greek lemon potatoes, but have failed.

Edit: potato wedges. I can spell.

French fries are the best, no denying that, and they come in so many forms. I'm putting tater tots next because when you're in the mood, mmmmmh. But sometimes they're too much with the grease. Wedges are almost a fry, but what makes them really good is being cooked correctly so they don't taste like a potato, and they need that special seasoning, just salt is unacceptable. Hash browns clearly go into last place. You either have your handheld variety which is either a giant tater tot, or it's garbage, and the on you plate variety can't be compared to the other options.

All of these are delightful, but you can't beat well made french fries. Potato wedges are a close second though. There's a local place in town that makes some mean wedges. I used to have Tots a lot when I was younger so those are both good and nostalgic. :3

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

You forgot Jojos. (I mean they are technically just what my brethren call potato wedges so this is just a joke really...)

Jo-Jo-Potatoes-720x720.jpg.2e45f1eb7ee4649c345ad046da02d7c1.jpg\

But fries would be a close second, and hash browns a closer third. Seriously I like my potatoes. I mean they kind of are a bit of a superfood and all.

You beat me to it. Jo-Jos are potato perfection!

7 hours ago, PiratePony said:

I know a place right here in New Jersey that has the very best fried chicken and JO-JOS! It's far enough away from my house where I can tell you. "The Chicken Coop" inside the Columbus Farmer's Market. They're on Facebook.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1