As a child , what did you love to dress up as?

Reecejackox

Ghostbusters and freddy krueger are some the few costumes I remember from my childhood. In fact, one of these costumes saved me when the curb of this sidewalk crumbled beneath my feet, and I fell backwards into a ditch. My back would have hit directly against the concrete edge, but the ghostbuster backpack I was wearing cushioned the impact.

It is a good thing that I liked ghostbusters and not the power rangers, or now I could have spinal damage.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

In the 3rd grade, we had this project where we had to draw a self portrait of ourselves in our house. I did as such, opting for the backdrop of the living room, but something of note was while my head was present, I had the body of a dinosaur.

My teacher sees this and disapproves of me taking creative liberty with the assignment. She calls my mother, only to get scolded for not asking me for an explanation, thinking something so trivial required parent intervention, and how on earth would creative liberty have been a bad thing on an open depiction of life at home, or any piece of art for that matter?

The reason for the dinosaur body was quite simple. I wanted to be a dinosaur for Halloween, it was going to be a cold one so the costume we picked out had quite a bit of insulation. I loved the way it looked, and it was comfortable, so I put it on everyday when I got home from school, and didn't take it off until the next morning. Thus, it was a completely accurate self portrait for the time. 

When I was a child and it was Carnival here in the rhineland (really big and important celebration with costumes and free candy in this region), I mostly prefered to dress like an wild west Cowboy/Sheriff.  Actually a really common costume here at carnival, especially by boys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You mean for Halloween? I was always something like a cat or something uncreative like that ahah I remember one time my aunt surprised me with this... genie costume? Was it Princess Jasmine? I have no idea.. I just remember the costume was pure dread cause it was so pretty and feminine and I always wanted to hide when forced to dress up in such ways. I was a wild, feral rogue as a child... lol I had no concept of "gender" until I was much older.

So, yeah, typical genderless stuff at the time... like... a cat. Boring, I know. ROFL 

• 4 weeks later...