Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who has studied or has an interest in studying magic?

Reiki Knight 13

I was curious as to how many Bronies on have either practiced magic or hold an interest in practicing magic.

Now, to clarify here I am not talking of any fantasy elements here: RP, magic the gathering Pokemon, video games etc.

I am talking.of real life here things like for example learning to read the energy of others.

So, if you either have looked into such or have a general interest in such feel free to reply on any experience in the subject.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was always fascinated by the concept of mysticism. My mother used to go to this witch when she was younger. And there were always talks about rituals that involved bodily fluids as elements of the practice, as well as other weird stuff. It was kinda gross, actually.

And she would take me with her, when I was a child. And I remember staring down at this old woman because she was basically stealing from my mother. And that wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't because my mother is a very emotional person, more so than other women in general. Because there are people who go into it knowing that this is a psychological support thing.

But she was having other problems with her life, because she has the same endocrine condition that I do. But in her mind she had gotten the idea that there was a supernatural element to this problem. And since superstition ran in the family, she was spending the money that could have gone into her treatment in this scam.

And my mother was expecting her life to change, and her condition was worsening because the problem was not that another family member had bewitched her, but that her body was failing to produce the adecuate level of estrogen that would make her act and feel like a normal woman. Which is the same problem that I have. My body is failing to produce testosterone which is what makes any normal man look and act like one. So, we are underdeveloped. Even childish. Which is the reason I like mlp, and she likes things like hello kitty.

Anyways, I like to entertaining the notion of mysticism, but not to take money from people who is troubled because of medical problems that can be treated. Because you are basically screwing them over at that point. Especially vulnerable people like her.

But still. I like the idea as a creative process of sorts. You can have your own little rituals, that are ways to express yourself and create a certain atmosphere that makes you feel better. Like lighting candles, and burning incense.

That is the reason I like "magic" so much. It is about creativity. And even hope, to some degree. I am very good at it, actually. But some people would consider it a form of dissociation. And it is. But that is not a bad thing. Especially, because we need it in this family. We need that hope. Since we are a little broken.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

On 2023-04-09 at 5:24 PM, They call me Loyalty said:

I was always fascinated by the concept of mysticism. My mother used to go to this witch when she was younger. And there were always talks about rituals that involved bodily fluids as elements of the practice, as well as other weird stuff. It was kinda gross, actually.

And she would take me with her, when I was a child. And I remember staring down at this old woman because she was basically stealing from my mother. And that wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't because my mother is a very emotional person, more so than other women in general. Because there are people who go into it knowing that this is a psychological support thing.

But she was having other problems with her life, because she has the same endocrine condition that I do. But in her mind she had gotten the idea that there was a supernatural element to this problem. And since superstition ran in the family, she was spending the money that could have gone into her treatment in this scam.

And my mother was expecting her life to change, and her condition was worsening because the problem was not that another family member had bewitched her, but that her body was failing to produce the adecuate level of estrogen that would make her act and feel like a normal woman. Which is the same problem that I have. My body is failing to produce testosterone which is what makes any normal man look and act like one. So, we are underdeveloped. Even childish. Which is the reason I like mlp, and she likes things like hello kitty.

Anyways, I like to entertaining the notion of mysticism, but not to take money from people who is troubled because of medical problems that can be treated. Because you are basically screwing them over at that point. Especially vulnerable people like her.

But still. I like the idea as a creative process of sorts. You can have your own little rituals, that are ways to express yourself and create a certain atmosphere that makes you feel better. Like lighting candles, and burning incense.

That is the reason I like "magic" so much. It is about creativity. And even hope, to some degree. I am very good at it, actually. But some people would consider it a form of dissociation. And it is. But that is not a bad thing. Especially, because we need it in this family. We need that hope. Since we are a little broken.

Can't stand amateurs or scam artists like that especially when they  try to take advantage of others. 

Not.only is such disgraceful but it ruins it for the ones that genuine.

Here's a free tip on how to better avoid such people in the future. Learn to read others by feeling through your third eye chakra point.

A person can a silver tongue true but NONE can hide the intentions or basic energy field.

Things to watch out for are if you get alot of negative feelings about someone like if they feel cold to you or any kind of feeling that "something's off" then do NOT trust them.

Any true light worker or magic user should give off good vibes to your instincts in other words.

If you have any questions about or anything else related to Im always happy.to try to help if you need it. Try asking your guides for advice and steps first though.

If nothing it can be interesting to see what form they take when teaching.

Mine for example took the form of Celestia and Luna to teach me certain life lessons I needed.

It was both funny and very odd to say the least when the show began for me.

The universe has a twisted sense of humor what can I say lol.

Me! I have a very strong interest in Magick, Mysticism, Religion, Occult Philosophy and general Esotericism as well as the more scientificly grounded side of things such as depth psychology and psychosystems analysis (honestly there's a pretty good argument to be made that a good way to think about magick is as 'metaphorical psychology'). In fact this stuff has quickly skyrocketed to one of my biggest interests in recent years.

I've been on and off studying the theoretical side of things including different magickal systems and their associated philosophical frameworks on and off for the good part of the last 2-3 years, especially those of the Western mystery tradition such as Qabalah and Enochian Magick, and for what has essentially been cobbled together book learning, I feel like I've started to develop a pretty sophisticated understanding of at least the overarching theoretical and philosophical concepts which underpin all of this stuff, at least for someone who has only had a handful of serious spiritual experiences within my life so far. As far as practical magick, I am still very much a beginner having only begun to really experiment with some basic ritual and meditation over the past couple of months. It is something that I definitely plan to follow through seriously long term though as one of my primary pursuits, at least until the universe tells me otherwise ;)

Never studied magic. My OC doesn't like magic for special reasons.

As in real life, magic doesn't exist, and the closest thing is probably something magical like "love".

• 7 months later...