Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post Your Desktop

SPLinux

When I said, "Windows 8 is clearly targeting tablet users like yourself" I meant exactly what I said. The Metro interface is large, and is easy for you to touch (with a touch screen compatible device, duh), and a lot of things (mainly in the interface department) clearly were made in mind with those who'd be on a tablet.
 touch.png

Then again, I don't want touch on this laptop anyway... as I said, it's a gaming laptop, I don't want my hands or fingerprints to get in the way of my field of view. That's important brah.

The least they could have done was given users the option to disable it, or something like that.
In Windows 8.1, if you right click on the taskbar there's a new Navigation tab that allows for greater control over the OS, including booting directly to the desktop and changing Start to go to the Apps view instead of Metro. Sounds good, yes? It's still full-screen, but you don't have to see the Live Tiles if you don't want to.

In Windows 8.1, if you right click on the taskbar there's a new Navigation tab that allows for greater control over the OS, including booting directly to the desktop and changing Start to go to the Apps view instead of Metro. Sounds good, yes? It's still full-screen, but you don't have to see the Live Tiles if you don't want to.

Sure it gets rid of the "Live Tiles", but it still doesn't get rid of Metro completely. Granted I could use a third-party tool to do it, but I'd rather be able to do it in-house.

Windows 8.1 is supposed to address a lot of the complaints both desktop and tablet users have with the OS. Granted, it's still not the perfect balance between being the perfect tablet/desktop hybrid OS, but from what I've used of it in a VM, it does address many of my gripes with 8, even minor ones.

It's a new month so here comes a new background. Decided not to go as minimalist for this month. Still not a whole lot going on though, which is just the way I like it.

Desktop%208-1-13.png

• Brohoof 4

Yeah it's a screw up that...

• Boots insanely quick
  • Is less annoying when it comes to automatic updates
  • Lets you have a custom start button without hacking (Classic Shell)
  • Lets your windows automatically coordinate with your wallpaper.

I do agree about some of the arguments that people are bringing up when saying that they hate 8, but its definitely not Vista. My previous computer never really got upgraded past Vista, and once you get off it, you can tell things are very different.

• Brohoof 1

Just got done cleaning up my desktop, for the most part at least, so I could post it here. If you couldn't tell, I love the color green...and Apple Fritter.

post-15874-0-85177600-1375346417_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I know that it doesn't cover up the entire background, but this is better than having some blurry and distorted pic as a background. Besides, I like it too much

120211O9t65QbG.png

I'll post the wallpaper I use for my Android device later, have this meanwhile

You liek dis, don't u??

Edited by Erio Touwa
  • Brohoof 4

Well, here's mine, I've become quite obsessed With Pinkie over the Past while <3

img-1711823-1-5sTmVgB.jpg

Well Shit, I should Hide my Icon's Next time...

DESKTOP ICONS ARE FOR SCRUBS (and scrub accessories)

img-1713302-1-wB1zha.png

DESKTOP ICONS CAN BE USED EFFECTIVELY

I got bored of having a jet black background and no icons, so here you go.

(Windows 7 BTW, Windows 8 is for scrubs.)

desktop icon-using scrub.

• Brohoof 1

img-1713302-1-wB1zha.png

DESKTOP ICONS CAN BE USED EFFECTIVELY

I got bored of having a jet black background and no icons, so here you go.

(Windows 7 BTW, Windows 8 is for scrubs.)

Custom icons ? 

---

post-334-0-64990800-1375472892_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Custom icons ? 

---

attachicon.gifUnavngivet.png

Nope! I'm using the windows 8 metro icon pack from http://www.deviantart.com/art/Metro-UI-Icon-Set-725-Icons-280724102 and then I used Ultimate Windows Tweaker to remove the little arrow that you see in the corner of shortcuts on Windows 7 (:

EDIT EDIT EDIT: To make it so the icons have no text underneath, you delete the shortcut's name and hold 'alt' then press 255 on your number pad (you'll have to hold 'fn' as well if you don't have a number pad). If you want a second icon with no text then just do it twice.

Edited by Kaz
  • Brohoof 1

Are you starting, blood? I'll transform you into a wreckage, chum. 

img-1713471-1-183778__safe_trixie_meme_i

But your desktop is now a Start screen wannabe! So what were you saying about Windows 8 being for scrubs, scrub?

But your desktop is now a Start screen wannabe! So what were you saying about Windows 8 being for scrubs, scrub?

Windows 8 itself sucks on anything without a touchscreen. Metro is a lovely design but I don't want some shitty charm bar and full screen applications. I want to be able to work with multiple windows and I don't want to have to switch to the desktop manually or use workarounds to do so. Also, I can't "obtain" Windows 8 for free so I'm not interested!

Windows 8, tablets. Windows 7, desktops. Design is lovely but it just doesn't work well with a mouse and keyboard :3

Windows 8 itself sucks on anything without a touchscreen. Metro is a lovely design but I don't want some shitty charm bar and full screen applications. I want to be able to work with multiple windows and I don't want to have to switch to the desktop manually or use workarounds to do so. Also, I can't "obtain" Windows 8 for free so I'm not interested!

Windows 8, tablets. Windows 7, desktops. Design is lovely but it just doesn't work well with a mouse and keyboard :3

From my experiences, it works just fine with a keyboard and mouse... my mom began using it today, too, and she agrees that it's not that bad without a touchscreen.

• Brohoof 1