Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike(s) relation?

Reiki Knight 13

9 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

I'd say no. G4 was not created as a continuation of G1. Different universe in the pony multiverse. The ponies in G4 didn't even know about humans until Twilight found out about a magic mirror that can send them to a human world.

Well, it could be the G1 adventures are cannon BUT the human part is not meaning their adventures still happened only there was no Megan involved the ponies did it all themselves. 

4 hours ago, Earth Prince StarHeart said:

Well, it could be the G1 adventures are cannon BUT the human part is not meaning their adventures still happened only there was no Megan involved the ponies did it all themselves. 

Hmm... Interesting. :ooh:
Personally, I'm not brave enough to make a claim like that. :adorkable: At that point, we'd be going into headcanon or fanfic territory.

But I am more that willing to see what others have to say about it. :) I am absolutely certain that Lauren learned about the previous generations while she was preparing to make G4. The fact that we got a new Spike, and ponies that share names with a few G1 counterparts, tells me that she and her team probably wanted to honor the first generation while still doing their own thing. Lauren has said that she never watched the original cartoon when she was a kid. She had the toys, but imagined her own narrative, and G4 was basically born from that. So if there is any relation, I imagine it's only coincidental or tangential at best. No in-universe relation.

Still, I welcome everyone to talk about and contemplate the possibilities. ^_^ Last thing I want to do is ruin anyone's fun. And as Celestia once said, there's no wrong way to fantasize.