Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums presents: Clubs!

Sir Hugsalot

Greetings, everypony!

Today I come to you with truly wonderful news. After some behind-the-doors testing we are ready to announce brand new feature on your favourite forum - clubs! :pinkie:

Screenshot_2023-09-24_at_3.12.12_PM.png

Look how fabulous they are! Wouldn't it be fun to meet in one? :eager:

You probably have many questions, so allow me to answer some of them before they're even asked! :D

What are clubs?

They're small communities within our forums, where you can group up and socialize with like minded individuals. You can talk there about your favourite characters from the show, discuss games or art you enjoy the most or even showcase your own creations!

Can I make my own club?

Yes, you can! All you have to do is reach out to our friendly moderation team and we will set it up for you!

Is club content going to be private?

As of now all the club content will be publicly availible, meaning people outside the club can view it as well. It's a new feature, so we implement it slowly and test every possible feature along the way. 

What will the rules within clubs be?

Clubs are expected to follow guidelines of MLP Forums, additionally Club Captains can set up their own rules so long as these are not contradictory to said guidelines.

Will there be private clubs availible?

They are currently in the works, but require more planning and work before we can announce them and make them availible.

Keep in mind clubs are still in the works! It means more features may arrive, changes may happen! But we reached the point, where we want you to join the fun, test them with us and, most of all, enjoy! 

Should you have any further questions feel free to ask! Soon we will also publish guidelines for the club, which will give more in-depth explanation for how they will be operated :fluttershy:

Dislaimer: image for reference only! Poniverse does not provide building materials, nor teleportation spell to Equestria. Poniverse is not responsible for misused spell, that instead of teleporting to Equestria, simply conjures a truck of chocolate milk at your doorstep! Chocolate milk caused by practicing such magic is Poniverse's property and should be surrendered immediately! ;)

• Brohoof 10
  • Delighted Giggle 2
  • smile 1
  • Excited 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Leaves 3

3 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

*excited Kirin noises*

2 minutes ago, Silky Bloom said:

*excited Pegasus noises*

*excited duck noises even though ducks have nothing to do with MLP* I just wanted to feel included. :twismile:

• Brohoof 4
  • Delighted Giggle 2
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 2

*excited energy noises*

So if I'm understanding this correctly, then you can make a club for anything (as long as it doesn't go against the guidelines)? If that's the case, say I wanted to make a Rainbow Dash fan club - what would happen to the fan club in the "fan club" forums? I'm just curious if fan clubs will be allowed for characters that already have their fan clubs in the Sugarcube Corner forums, and what will happen to those existing fan clubs if so?

As for my other questions, I'll wait until the club guidelines are published since they will probably be answered in there.

Anyway, this is very cool! I wonder what would happen if a Banterlot club was created... :Pip-giggle: :pip-err:

• Brohoof 4
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

*excited energy noises*

So if I'm understanding this correctly, then you can make a club for anything (as long as it doesn't go against the guidelines)? If that's the case, say I wanted to make a Rainbow Dash fan club - what would happen to the fan club in the "fan club" forums? I'm just curious if fan clubs will be allowed for characters that already have their fan clubs in the Sugarcube Corner forums, and what will happen to those existing fan clubs if so?

As for my other questions, I'll wait until the club guidelines are published since they will probably be answered in there.

Anyway, this is very cool! I wonder what would happen if a Banterlot club was created... :Pip-giggle: :pip-err:

Right now the Clubs feature is in beta mode, so we're going to see whether this makes or breaks the community - haha, just kidding.

Personally, I do not see anything wrong with a Rainbow Dash club because the Clubs feature allow The Club Captain and their members to make their own events, relevant blogs, posts, etc. It is like a forum within the forums -- or maybe rabbit hole of more Rainbow Dash content ahah 

Who knows, maybe the Fan Club image thread can feature the Group Clubs content for more reference? It's all just in the works right now c:

*construction noises ceases for a time being*

• Brohoof 5
  • Hugs 1

17 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Sweetie Sir @Silky Bloom

What are the biggest differences between these clubs and the fan club threads that already exist? 

“Fan Clubs” are the names given to threads that are image based posts of a specific character.

New Clubs allow a lot more flexibility. Such as blogs, group events to that specific Club, relevant posts to the club and a Club Captain.

• Brohoof 5

44 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Sweetie Sir @Silky Bloom

What are the biggest differences between these clubs and the fan club threads that already exist? 

Adding to what @Silky Bloom said,

- fan club threads are just normal topics, where users post images of the character the thread is about and that's it

- clubs is a feature similar to blogs. Just like you can create your own blog and have your own corner, one can also have a club (group), which can contain:

• forums for club members, where topics can be created
  • its own calendar with its own events set by members of the club
  • gallery with images
  • and some other things

and clubs aren't limited to being pony fan clubs. For example, hypothetically, there can be a club (group) for musicians. It can have its own forums, where members of the club can post their own topics to discuss various things related to music production and stuff like this.

I guess you could compare clubs to a discord server - it has its own members, its own forums (like chat channels) and so on. e-cocosmile.png

• Brohoof 3
  • Leaves 1

This sounds fun. But where can I find these clubs? Do any already exist that we can join?

15 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Is there a Princess Luna fan club?! Or a Pinkie Pie fan club?! Or a Princess Luna and Pinkie Pie fan club?! :pinkie:

Luna fan club! Luna fan club! :LunaMCM:

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 2