Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Now I am concerned about G5’s future

Steve Piranha

14 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

I’m sure most of Tell Your Tale for 2025 is being worked on now right?

Depends on what you specifically refer to as what they might be working on, animation-wise I highly doubt they started anything, but now script-wise or planning, maybe there's a chance, I don't know how long Season 2 is goign to be, but using Season 1's length as reference, I believe Season 2 might end around Fall 2025, specifically in September or October.

We're still in Early 2024 so there might still be a lot for them to do, remember that there are the 22-minute length Specials planned, and they don't have a 3D show anymore, that means they'll need to use TyT to tell the big stories, they can't skip stuff anymore, so due to that this Season could be much longer than the first one.

It's hard to estimate it actually, if they really want to finish Season 2 before 2026 then I believe they'll need to always keep a weekly schedule for the episodes, there were multiple one/two weeks hiatus during Season 1's run. But maybe the lack of a 3D show will help them, the late Season 1 episodes spoiling MYM chapter 6 pretty much proves that they had the TyT episodes completely done at least a month prior to the MyM ones.

I think they have the animation and recording for at least 10-14 episodes in pre-production per-week, that said, I think they already finished the pre-production for the first 10 episodes of this Season and they're now working on the next 10 eps (11-20) and this pattern will continue til the end of the Season, but that's just speculation.

14 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Depends on what you specifically refer to as what they might be working on, animation-wise I highly doubt they started anything, but now script-wise or planning, maybe there's a chance, I don't know how long Season 2 is goign to be, but using Season 1's length as reference, I believe Season 2 might end around Fall 2025, specifically in September or October.

We're still in Early 2024 so there might still be a lot for them to do, remember that there are the 22-minute length Specials planned, and they don't have a 3D show anymore, that means they'll need to use TyT to tell the big stories, they can't skip stuff anymore, so due to that this Season could be much longer than the first one.

It's hard to estimate it actually, if they really want to finish Season 2 before 2026 then I believe they'll need to always keep a weekly schedule for the episodes, there were multiple one/two weeks hiatus during Season 1's run. But maybe the lack of a 3D show will help them, the late Season 1 episodes spoiling MYM chapter 6 pretty much proves that they had the TyT episodes completely done at least a month prior to the MyM ones.

I think they have the animation and recording for at least 10-14 episodes in pre-production per-week, that said, I think they already finished the pre-production for the first 10 episodes of this Season and they're now working on the next 10 eps (11-20) and this pattern will continue til the end of the Season, but that's just speculation.

I’m sure the script and voice acting is starting to be worked on for the 2025 episodes

They were working on the A New Generation film script and voice acting wise I believe 2 years it was suppose to be released 

Well, that's a good point, ANG was a movie with a bigger production and it was the startup for this generation, so everything was new, when TYT came out they already had a voice cast established, and when MyM came they already had the 3D models for the characters and locations, that means they spent a lot less time making both than the movie, where they had to work everything from scratch.

I don't know, I think that if we have an episode of TyT per week without shortage, it could be an indication that they have actually already finished several episodes for this season.

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Well, that's a good point, ANG was a movie with a bigger production and it was the startup for this generation, so everything was new, when TYT came out they already had a voice cast established, and when MyM came they already had the 3D models for the characters and locations, that means they spent a lot less time making both than the movie, where they had to work everything from scratch.

I don't know, I think that if we have an episode of TyT per week without shortage, it could be an indication that they have actually already finished several episodes for this season.

I know one of the G5 voice actresses said that Make Your Mark mostly was worked on in 2021 and some of 2022 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, BritishBrony2012 said:

Watched Chapter 6 and annoyed it ended like that, with new member and villain.

I believe it's because at the time they just gave up on making it a sequel to G4, so they introduced  a new villain and new characters that have no relation to that generation. But I think they changed up their minds right after it as in Chapter 6 they didn't imply that Opaline could return, but the TyT recap episode did. One of the latest TyT episodes also have references to G4 but it was mostly a call back to all generations and not exclusively G4 so I'm not so sure about it.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

I believe it's because at the time they just gave up on making it a sequel to G4, so they introduced  a new villain and new characters that have no relation to that generation. But I think they changed up their minds right after it as in Chapter 6 they didn't imply that Opaline could return, but the TyT recap episode did. One of the latest TyT episodes also have references to G4 but it was mostly a call back to all generations and not exclusively G4 so I'm not so sure about it.

Which makes wonder 

Do you think Make Your Mark Chapter 6 and with Spike showing up that was the final big G4 connection that G5 will end up doing and the rest will just be small references?