Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Future Plans?

Fizz.

Well that made me feel better, I really got to start researching what I should be doing for school.

One thing to consider is community college, rather than leaping straight to a four-year school. Community collegs are a LOT cheaper in tuition rates, especially for in-state residents, and you can generally transfer over your credits to a four-year school without too much difficulty, so long as you check to make sure the classes you're taking will transfer. In particular you could start doing some general education stuff that would apply towards any degree and that would transfer, that you could get to working on while you figure out where you want to actually take your degree. It's what I did, and I feel like it was an overall beneficial thing to do.

One thing to consider is community college, rather than leaping straight to a four-year school. Community collegs are a LOT cheaper in tuition rates, especially for in-state residents, and you can generally transfer over your credits to a four-year school without too much difficulty, so long as you check to make sure the classes you're taking will transfer. In particular you could start doing some general education stuff that would apply towards any degree and that would transfer, that you could get to working on while you figure out where you want to actually take your degree. It's what I did, and I feel like it was an overall beneficial thing to do.

That scholarship I said I had was for free tuition and I don't think money would be the issue anyway for me, just deciding on what I want to do. I just cant decide.

Edited by Chigens

That scholarship I said I had was for free tuition and I don't think money would be the issue anyway for me, just deciding on what I want to do. I just cant decide.

Then, as I said, the best thing to do is start with general education stuff, the sort of classes you'd have to take no matter what your degree choice ends up being. They'll give you college credit and you'll be getting them out of the way while you take more time examining and searching to figure out what degree you want to get.

Then, as I said, the best thing to do is start with general education stuff, the sort of classes you'd have to take no matter what your degree choice ends up being. They'll give you college credit and you'll be getting them out of the way while you take more time examining and searching to figure out what degree you want to get.

Makes sense, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Since I’m at a community college right now, I’d like to transfer to a UC or CSU and eventually get a masters degree in something that has to do with live sound/lighting/technical production. I have a blast working in the field during the summer and think it’s something that I’ll stick with.

• 7 years later...

Well, my plans for the future are as follows....

1. Get a job within the next 3 months.

2. Start college

3. Graduate college

4. Move to Kentucky, not just for the all the job opportunities there surrounding my future career but also so I can live with my boyfriend. 

5. Get a nice house in a rural area

6. Get married and have 5 kids. :love:  ....joking heh. :lie: 

(edited)

I have no idea. It seems like my plans change every couple of weeks, so here's a very loose idea.

1. Go to BronyCon 2019

2. Get a motorcycle

3. Get a house

After there is when it gets a little fuzzy. All I know is a tedious 9 to 5 job (8 to 4 in my case) sucks the soul out of a person and I want out as soon as possible.

Edited by Booker

I really don't know what the future looks like for me, though I intend on taking an advanced course in design in a few years, as I plan on trying to do something. If that doesn't work for me, I don't know. Not to sound ominous, but if things continue to go south, I don't know if I'll be around anymore.

Finish my forklift licenses.

Come Tuesday I will be doing the final practical exam for T4 class counterweight forklifts, and will be one step closer to fulfilling my long-term goals. I will be working towards the T2 class outrigger forklifts as well, tho I need more hours driving one before I can with any sort of confidence say I have driven it enough to move onto any sort of finalization let alone final exam for the T2 license.

Get a driver's license up and running.

Altho I am currently in the process of driving whenever I can to get experience needed in order to get one, it's a little slow currently on this front. I could technically just do a drop in for the test and finish it, tho I much prefer to get more driving experience and the like with a manual gear box.

I intend to get an automatic gear boxed car, tho if I get the license for automatic I can only legally drive automatic, so I will be doing the license for manual so I can drive both without any issues.

Be able to keep a job for one year or longer.

I'm officially employed where I've had work practices since September, tho it will only be as a Summer temp for now due to vacations and the like. Wages are damn good with nearly $27 an hour, so racking up a ton of money in a year ain't gonna be hard at all.

I've not been able to hold a proper job for any long period of time, but this time around I am properly cleaning up my room so I won't end up dropping out after a couple of months.

I'll continue with my job until I no longer fit within the age parameters, then go to work behind the scenes and help others to get started.

Have a bunch of kids, as many as possible.

Do more creative projects and actually get them out into the public.

I guess that’s about all. I keep it pretty simple.

• 4 years later...

I’m not sure honestly. The current track I’m on I could do a handful of different things but none of them are really that interesting to me besides potentially starting my own business. I’ve come to the conclusion I’m not really a good fit for your traditional office job or 9-5 for various reason lol. Dictating my own schedule and getting to reap the full value of my own labor, or splitting it 50/50 in a co-op type situation is very appealing to me.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

It's all simply laundry for tomorrow.  

That was me earlier. I ended up cleaning out a lot of stuff here finally and it's all so clean. Hope your laundry goes well tomorrow!

• Hugs 1