Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Morbin’ Around

Morbid Curiosity

(edited)

I thought it’d be fun to put together a lil thread of art I make of my ponysona, Morbid Curiosity :3 Feel free to ask questions about him! (He/they for him, please!)

Here’s the latest so far! The HQ version of my signature that I just finished, a cute little piece of Morb and Sunburst smooshing snouts, and a WIP of Morb in each generation’s art styles. I’ll post the gen styles once I finally finish it, it’s a decently big project (for myself anyways) so I’m taking breaks throughout it :]

Untitled261_20240315002716.png

IMG_7513.jpeg

IMG_7555.png

Edited by Morbid Curiosity
  • Brohoof 3

This is really cute and amazing work. I like how you did all the gen style! I’m curious on how did Morb and Sunburst meet each other :wub:

• Excited 1

2 hours ago, Conbon said:

This is really cute and amazing work. I like how you did all the gen style! I’m curious on how did Morb and Sunburst meet each other :wub:

Thank you!! I was inspired by a piece I saw on Manebooru!
And through Starlight, much to her chagrin! I’d imagine it would have been in s6e24, Uncommon Bond, Starlight thought she could win Sunburst over via a neato little oddity shop. Turns out it was run by Morbid Curiosity, and he ended up hitting it off with Sunburst like no issue! Starlight was salty, but Sunburst earned himself a Ponyville pegasus pen pal who sends him antique amulets and books that are full of weird, almost cursed sounding scrawls. The rest of it just kinda followed through from there! :D

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Morbid Curiosity said:

Thank you!! I was inspired by a piece I saw on Manebooru!
And through Starlight, much to her chagrin! I’d imagine it would have been in s6e24, Uncommon Bond, Starlight thought she could win Sunburst over via a neato little oddity shop. Turns out it was run by Morbid Curiosity, and he ended up hitting it off with Sunburst like no issue! Starlight was salty, but Sunburst earned himself a Ponyville pegasus pen pal who sends him antique amulets and books that are full of weird, almost cursed sounding scrawls. The rest of it just kinda followed through from there! :D

Omg that is so adorable> Hopefully they both will have a great life together and keep making great art and don't stop because it is so good ;) 

• Brohoof 1

I should NOT be trusted near cute nerd unicorns who wear glasses (joking)

This lil MorbidComet piece, as I’m calling them, sparked on from how cute Comet is, my own Morbid Curiosity in each gen art piece, and how I’m not immune to nerdy boys 😭 If G5 explored more of him, I wouldn’t be surprised if he landed right under Sunburst in terms of favorite characters for me :3c

IMG_7607.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

A few more pieces! Including a lil silly headcanon piece :3 Well, headcanons for Sunburst but canon for Morb as he is my ponysona 😭

Sunburst is amab, gender unlabeled as he doesn’t care much for putting a label on that. That’s why he’s holding his own unlabeled flag. Morb is trans, as am I, so he gets a trans flag. And together, they’re both gay men! Hence why the big gay flag is there! Just having a little fun with my absolute favorite character is all ^^

IMG_7690.jpeg

IMG_7639.jpeg

IMG_7638.jpeg