What is your dream vehicle(s) (exclude car)?

DubWolf

We've all heard of dream car, but what about vehicles in general?

I've thought about a "Cessna 182" aircraft. Familiar to the C172 yet a bit more sporty at 230HP (versus 160-180HP). Good 4-seater aircraft, no retractable landing gear so insurance isn't hiked up (gear-up landings are why retractable's insurance are significantly costlier).

The only issue is regulations.... bleh. Also very costly to operate and maintain, but this is supposed to be partially fantasy anyways.

image.thumb.jpeg.84111abe068bc19cd6c032e9131f84b1.jpeg

That or an "Icon A5"; an amphibious sport aircraft!

Y'all?

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Retro*Derpy said:

I'd love to own a sea breacher. If I ever live near a coast...

Ooo very fun looking! I thought it could go underwater too, and you could swim alongside some sharks or dolphins :wau: .

• Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DubWolf said:

Ooo very fun looking! I thought it could go underwater too, and you could swim alongside some sharks or dolphins :wau: .

It's more like a submersible jet ski. It's just nice because you can be enclosed. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

There was a time I was dreaming to restore an old AN2. It's like a school bus but plane =) Clumsy, loud, crazy XD (probably like me)

an-2-1024x682-600x400.jpg.e35c35509f8ae02ae9985b258bd35e29.jpg

Also I thought that it would be nice to have a sailboat if I would live on the coast.

I know nothing about sailing nor piloting, but I love a wind and feeling of physical freedom. ^•^

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 2

Bavaria Cruiser 50

Bavaria Cruiser 50 - opis jachtu, zdjęcia, opinie, czarter ⛵

Even thought I was born near the sea and spent there most of my life I never thought about sailing. It changed completely after I visited Corfu last year where I started imagining how cool it would be to travel between the islands on the Mediterranean Sea...

I learnt that it may take some time before I can sail the sea as it requires more than just finishing a simple sailing course, but I will get there... someday :D 

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

I’d probably go with something that flies at a pretty good altitude and speed. Distance is also a factor, so I’ll jump on the Lunar Module. It may be old and considered rickety by modern standards, but its control system was analog, which is a pretty way of saying ‘functional’ even though it did have a digital guidance computer. I always feel better with old tech in either case, so that’s my choice for now.

Now if you want to literally go with a ‘dream’ vehicle, I’ll add a more terrestrial entry with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, which I think is one of the nicest (commercial) planes around.

FAA Allows Boeing To Resume 787 Dreamliner Deliveries - FLYING Magazine

Hawaiian Airlines reveals first routes for new Boeing 787 jets: Travel  Weekly

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 2

On 2024-07-19 at 4:45 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I’d probably go with something that flies at a pretty good altitude and speed. Distance is also a factor, so I’ll jump on the Lunar Module. It may be old and considered rickety by modern standards, but its control system was analog, which is a pretty way of saying ‘functional’ even though it did have a digital guidance computer. I always feel better with old tech in either case, so that’s my choice for now.

Now if you want to literally go with a ‘dream’ vehicle, I’ll add a more terrestrial entry with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, which I think is one of the nicest (commercial) planes around.

FAA Allows Boeing To Resume 787 Dreamliner Deliveries - FLYING Magazine

Hawaiian Airlines reveals first routes for new Boeing 787 jets: Travel  Weekly

It even has dream in the name ;) .

Nose is a bit… egg shaped.

• Brohoof 1

Plenty of fictional stuff I would love. :laugh:

But keeping it to things that actually exist or have existed. I've always had a soft spot for Harrier Jump Jets. So a de-militarized one painted in a colour of my choosing would be fun. :eager:

Outside of that, I've also have a soft spot for helicopters.

• smile 1