staff Staffer Of The Week: Cash In

Sir Hugsalot

CASH IN

image.jpeg

Art by @Ice Princess Silky <3

When I first heard that this week's Staffer is going to be @Cash In I trembled. You see, Cash In is a good friend of mine, so I am well aware of his... aversion... to fun. He's the kind of person who'd go to the dentist as a leisure activity just to avoid his own birthday! :sealed: Because of that I was going to just skip this week.

But then I remembered it. The heresy. The blasphemy. The untruth. The prevarication. The false claim that strawberry milk is superior to chocolate milk. So here we go :mlp_icwudt: Time for some fun! :toldya:

Cash In. Where can I start with him? I remember when he was the user who so openly battled against moderation in count until a mod posts thread. Many tried to fight our moderation, but where others fought, Cash In had an all out counting war with us. He became so powerful that that alone was enough for us to make him a moderator. If we didn't do that he'd obliterate us there. :sealed:

The rascal here took his moderator role to the heart. The zeroing knows no end and it got so powerful, that at this point we have a thread aimed directly at him as the counting war became personal. Moderators breathe with relief as they no longer need to worry. Cash In trembles, because now it's him against all of you, who decide to count there :laugh: And if he ever makes his team angry at him they can just go to count there too :toldya:

But the actual reason for him being a moderator isn't of course his counting/zeroing ferocity. It's his strength of character and quality as a person. As moderation lead he played substantial part in our moderation team becoming what it is today - guardians of our community that are always at the ready to keep everyone within it safe. Helpful whenever he's needed, able to face very tense and stressful situations, but always optimistic. Thanks to his help a lot of moderation-related tasks are much easier to perform now and information flow is perfect with no stone unturned and no data being lost to time or improper documentation. While he's always happy to play along with people who pick on him regarding chocolate milk, fun or math, he is a very valuable member of our team to whom such shenanigans are like a very nice dessert after his duties as moderation lead are done. 

And now time for a little legend about Cash In :toldya:

You know how Cash In keeps repeating how he loves strawberry milk and prefers it over chocolate milk? See, there's a really tragic story behind it. Once upon a time, inspired by the movie Back To The Future I created a time machine. An untested time machine. My mistake was, I left it with Cash In and went to grab some chocolate milk for us both. That's when he decided to use it. See... it malfunctioned. Now he's stuck in his personal time bubble, that's constantly fixed on the date of January 25th 2024, which is Opposite Day! In other words - he says things opposite to what he actually means. He loves fun. He loves chocolate milk. He hates strawberry milk. And our poor Cash In here can't even express himself anymore due to what happened to him :(

So, everypony, give him lots of fun, lots of chocolate milk and celebrate him the way he clearly wants to be celebrated! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 6
  • Delighted Giggle 4
  • smile 3
  • Excited 1
  • Party! 1

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

I am laughing SO hard at that legend that I decided to give Sir a video call and boy am I glad that I did. The way his eyes lit up with the mirth of laughter exchanged between us was glorious! 

So THAT'S what happened?! Gosh, it explains SO MUCH!!!

@Cash In Noooo... speak to me! What's happened?! You've turned into a little bear D: 

Spoiler

image.png

Hahaha, all jokes aside. Congratulations @Cash In

I am really happy to see this thread in honor of your Staffer Of The Week...

@Cash In doesn't play and there are many legends behind the scenes, as well. Moderators may look inactive in the forums, but the amount of work they do behind the scenes shows in how this community and site thrives. Ensuring bots and spam or anything not so good are fully at bay. There is ALSO a legend where he banned this venomous cobra thing from leering about. Sure, Honey badger was sad that it didn't get to eat the cobra but honey badger doesn't care.. it's hungry. And so is Cashin. For fun! So let's all celebrate and cheer! ^_^

To Cashin!!!!

Btw, I was giggling as I took a photo of my little Marty bear. XD 

Looks like I was good at @Finding_Marty :toldya:

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 5

Oh what in a FUN time we're living! I bet @Cash In LOVES to be choosen to be the number ONE! for this week! especially of being a staffer of the week! :eager:

I was really hoping for this day to come! since you deserve it! you do so much for us and now it's our turn to return it to you! Thank you for being awesome and for everything you do, no matter if for the members of the forum or the staff itself :hug_day:

• Brohoof 3
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Hugs 1

Don't mind me, just waiting for my pancakes.

1969050.gif

43 minutes ago, Creepy Scribbles said:

Congratulations @Cash In! Let's celebrate the freedom to chose any milk flavour you like!

That was irresponsible. Time travelling isn't a joke!

Back in 2014, he and I would banter back and forth about who had "derpes." Welp, guess this is witness and proof that I was right. He's the one who has it. I take Time Traveling SUPER serious and chocolate milk, too. Poor Cashin, doomed to sip on the pink beverage of doom now. Either way, it only took 10 years @Sir Hugsalot but loookie here? I was right. You're too derpy for time travleling AND from Mr. Time Traveler, himself! (iWin) :orly:

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 2
  • Shocked 1
  • smile 2

Congratulations @Cash In !!! I know Cash In is a very hardworking and kind person, so this is very well deserved.

Say -  I have tried Strawberry Milk before, but have not tried Chocolate Milk.

Therefore,

Strawberry Milk 1

Chocolate Milk 0

Checkmate, Chocolate Milk Purists.

Well, until I try Chocolate Milk out :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 4
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

18 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Congratulations @Cash In !!! I know Cash In is a very hardworking and kind person, so this is very well deserved.

Therefore,

Strawberry Milk 1

Chocolate Milk 0

This is called biased information. Disqualified. :toldya:

3 minutes ago, Creepy Scribbles said:

That's miraculous... *Sob*

She keeps doing this D:
tenor.gif

BLASPHEMYYYY...........

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 5

5 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Biased? Well I'd never!

I'll need to try Chocolate Milk to make an "informed" decision then. I don't know when, but one day.

The legend is evasive. I understand. But a worthy wait. Unlike the cheap, strawberry milk which appears as easily the a grain of sand. The chocolate milk is for those ready for a challenge of a rollercoaster for the tastebuds.

Because of this, I do not blame your hesitation. One day you shall be ready. One day. :orly:

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 2
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Creepy Scribbles said:

Yo can not compare till you try both.

I have tried all milks in the universe!

And chocolate is tastest...

But! I'll fight "one milk to rule them all" dictatorship wherever I go.

7 minutes ago, Ice Princess Silky &lt;3 said:

The legend is evasive. I understand. But a worthy wait. Unlike the cheap, strawberry milk which appears as easily the a grain of sand. The chocolate milk is for those ready for a challenge of a rollercoaster for the tastebuds.

Because of this, I do not blame your hesitation. One day you shall be ready. One day. :orly:

All I see is unfair Chocolate Milk Heresy! 

Jokes aside -  maybe I will try it tomorrow as a special treat! 

Please give me your recommendations and I will drive across town -  I mean begin my long arduous journey across the stars for the sweet and wondrous nectar of the Chocolate Gods! 

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 4

Congratulations to the inspiration behind one of the recurring themes in all those Comp plushie videos!

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 2

Lead of Development, Canterlot Avenue

casticker-small.png.6fc9723566f0d7b37a5da27f0464394a.png

@Cash In, congratulations. You deserve this.

:coco: In some ways, I still consider you a mentor. You've shown me plenty of things to help me get started as a Moderator, and you've been there when I needed it most. Yet I know we share the title of Moderator equally, no one above or below us. We both go through our own learning moments, but we are both dedicated to making this forum the best it can be for the many users here.

I dedicate some strawberry milk in your honor!

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

halloweensig.png.397601b0ba3d0bdc1d66a19d4ccbc7fa.png

Congrats @Cash In :twi:

Spoiler

Sonic-Thumbs-Up-1.gif

Awesome job B) 

We may be rivals in the counting games but it's fun, oops sorry didn't mean to use the fun word :D, I mean not disagreeable competing against you ^_^

Still have to agree to disagree on the merits of the number zero but I do agree that you are indeed correct as to the superiority of Strawberry Milk :yay:

Edited by Shadow Sky
  • Brohoof 3
  • smile 2

Hey, that's me!

I guess I'll preface by saying that as of next month, it'll be seven years since I joined MLPF, which I really still can't fully get my head around.

Of course, the reason I've stuck around this long is because of the people. Users and staff alike. I wouldn't be doing what I do if it weren't for the wonderful people on here.

So basically what I'm trying to say is:

keanu-reeves-woah.gif.310eec2ed1a02faa3f877f861d3aae1b.gif

14 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

CASH IN

image.jpeg

Art by @Ice Princess Silky <3

When I first heard that this week's Staffer is going to be @Cash In I trembled. You see, Cash In is a good friend of mine, so I am well aware of his... aversion... to fun. He's the kind of person who'd go to the dentist as a leisure activity just to avoid his own birthday! :sealed: Because of that I was going to just skip this week.

But then I remembered it. The heresy. The blasphemy. The untruth. The prevarication. The false claim that strawberry milk is superior to chocolate milk. So here we go :mlp_icwudt: Time for some fun! :toldya:

Cash In. Where can I start with him? I remember when he was the user who so openly battled against moderation in count until a mod posts thread. Many tried to fight our moderation, but where others fought, Cash In had an all out counting war with us. He became so powerful that that alone was enough for us to make him a moderator. If we didn't do that he'd obliterate us there. :sealed:

The rascal here took his moderator role to the heart. The zeroing knows no end and it got so powerful, that at this point we have a thread aimed directly at him as the counting war became personal. Moderators breathe with relief as they no longer need to worry. Cash In trembles, because now it's him against all of you, who decide to count there :laugh: And if he ever makes his team angry at him they can just go to count there too :toldya:

But the actual reason for him being a moderator isn't of course his counting/zeroing ferocity. It's his strength of character and quality as a person. As moderation lead he played substantial part in our moderation team becoming what it is today - guardians of our community that are always at the ready to keep everyone within it safe. Helpful whenever he's needed, able to face very tense and stressful situations, but always optimistic. Thanks to his help a lot of moderation-related tasks are much easier to perform now and information flow is perfect with no stone unturned and no data being lost to time or improper documentation. While he's always happy to play along with people who pick on him regarding chocolate milk, fun or math, he is a very valuable member of our team to whom such shenanigans are like a very nice dessert after his duties as moderation lead are done. 

And now time for a little legend about Cash In :toldya:

You know how Cash In keeps repeating how he loves strawberry milk and prefers it over chocolate milk? See, there's a really tragic story behind it. Once upon a time, inspired by the movie Back To The Future I created a time machine. An untested time machine. My mistake was, I left it with Cash In and went to grab some chocolate milk for us both. That's when he decided to use it. See... it malfunctioned. Now he's stuck in his personal time bubble, that's constantly fixed on the date of January 25th 2024, which is Opposite Day! In other words - he says things opposite to what he actually means. He loves fun. He loves chocolate milk. He hates strawberry milk. And our poor Cash In here can't even express himself anymore due to what happened to him :(

So, everypony, give him lots of fun, lots of chocolate milk and celebrate him the way he clearly wants to be celebrated! :fluttershy:

You know, I quite liked that message. Well, except for the fun part. And the chocolate milk part. And the...

joseph-joestar-stardust-crusaders.gif.338616bf03c1b3bc01673e0e9d5511fe.gif

legend....

Anyways, the point here is that I have fabulous taste and am always right.

But seriously speaking, it was truly a lovely message. It really made my day. :rarity:

14 hours ago, Ice Princess Silky &lt;3 said:

I am laughing SO hard at that legend that I decided to give Sir a video call and boy am I glad that I did. The way his eyes lit up with the mirth of laughter exchanged between us was glorious! 

So THAT'S what happened?! Gosh, it explains SO MUCH!!!

@Cash In Noooo... speak to me! What's happened?! You've turned into a little bear D: 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Hahaha, all jokes aside. Congratulations @Cash In

I am really happy to see this thread in honor of your Staffer Of The Week...

@Cash In doesn't play and there are many legends behind the scenes, as well. Moderators may look inactive in the forums, but the amount of work they do behind the scenes shows in how this community and site thrives. Ensuring bots and spam or anything not so good are fully at bay. There is ALSO a legend where he banned this venomous cobra thing from leering about. Sure, Honey badger was sad that it didn't get to eat the cobra but honey badger doesn't care.. it's hungry. And so is Cashin. For fun! So let's all celebrate and cheer! ^_^

To Cashin!!!!

Btw, I was giggling as I took a photo of my little Marty bear. XD 

Looks like I was good at @Finding_Marty :toldya:

Other than turning me into a small bear, I really appreciate the message! :Pip-giggle:

Oh yes and let it be said, we are always around and here to help. Even if seems that we aren't, we are here!

14 hours ago, Sophie said:

Oh what in a FUN time we're living! I bet @Cash In LOVES to be choosen to be the number ONE! for this week! especially of being a staffer of the week! :eager:

I was really hoping for this day to come! since you deserve it! you do so much for us and now it's our turn to return it to you! Thank you for being awesome and for everything you do, no matter if for the members of the forum or the staff itself :hug_day:

Thanks Sophie! Couldn't do it without having such an awesome team!

14 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

CONGRATS FELLOW MEGA MAN LOVER!!!!!!

Your moderation skills are quite excellent. You should be honored.

Well done my friend.

Thank you fellow Mega Man lover! Much appreciated!

14 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Cash In Congratulations, Bestie! Spongebob+x+Ritz_Banner.jpg  Perfect! :mlp_smug:

Haha! Thanks Bestie! :cheeky-smile:

13 hours ago, Creepy Scribbles said:

Congratulations @Cash In! Let's celebrate the freedom to chose any milk flavour you like!

That was irresponsible. Time travelling isn't a joke!

Thank you! In honour of your great wisdom, I shall have a glass of strawberry milk!

13 hours ago, Spookystellar Scare said:

Congratulations, @Cash In, AKA The Fun Bringer! I got you a little something as a party gift!

images(3)2.jpeg.b3479ffcb65ea4dc9147ad40c8a69176.jpeg

images(2).jpeg.ec702789bc1bd67ea6ab111e1876b8bc.jpeg

"Ah, would you look at that."

"Strawberry milk and chocolate milk working together to make a delicious treat. Never thought I'd see the day."

Well, since it's a gift, I'll try my best to enjoy it. :-P

13 hours ago, Felis Amafeles said:

Congratulations Cash In!
You have the best sense of humour of any pony I know.
Thank you for everything you have given for the forum!

Thank you Felis! I'll keep doing my best!

12 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I haven't interacted much with @Cash In, but I've heard much about his shenanigans! Congrats on becoming staffer of the week @Cash In:yay:

Thank you Epic! Much appreciated!

10 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Therefore,

Strawberry Milk 1

Chocolate Milk 0

Thank you Starlight!

Ehhh, I don't think you need to try it. When you've tasted perfection, anything else is a downgrade. :-P

10 hours ago, Ice Princess Silky &lt;3 said:

"Chocolate milk is for those ready for a challenge of a rollercoaster for the tastebuds."

A challenge implies that there's a level of difficulty to overcome. Or an obstacle. Wouldn't that suggest that it's difficult to enjoy chocolate milk?

@Starlight Serenade See, she has no idea what she's talking about. Do yourself a favour and don't listen to her. You'll thank me later. :toldya:

8 hours ago, Comp said:

Congratulations to the inspiration behind one of the recurring themes in all those Comp plushie videos!

Haha thanks! Those videos are always a joy to watch! :Pip-giggle:

4 hours ago, SnooOOOoOoOoOow said:

These need to be every two weeks or something I just cant keep up :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Well done Cash In, thankyou for all your hard work around the place :party-pinkie: it certainly does not go unnoticed, keep it up!

Thanks Snow! Makes me happy to hear that! 

4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Cash In, congratulations. You deserve this.

:coco: In some ways, I still consider you a mentor. You've shown me plenty of things to help me get started as a Moderator, and you've been there when I needed it most. Yet I know we share the title of Moderator equally, no one above or below us. We both go through our own learning moments, but we are both dedicated to making this forum the best it can be for the many users here.

I dedicate some strawberry milk in your honor!

Thank you Samurai!

We're always learning! I've taught you things, but I've also learnt many things from you. That's nothing short of incredible.

Yes! Let us have a glass!

1 hour ago, Shadow Sky said:

Congrats @Cash In :twi:

Reveal hidden contents

Sonic-Thumbs-Up-1.gif

Awesome job B) 

We may be rivals in the rivals in the counting games but it's fun, oops sorry didn't mean to use the fun word :D, I mean not disagreeable competing against you ^_^

Still have to agree to disagree on the merits of the number zero but I do agree that you are indeed correct as to the superiority of Strawberry Milk :yay:

Thanks Rainbow! Give Sonic my regards as well!

I'm glad you understand that truth! For that, I'll forgive all the counting! :P

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 11

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.