Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

POLL: Do you like the MLP lesbian shippings?

Viridian Daybreak

Do you support the lesbian shippings?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support the lesbian shippings?

• Yes
    • No, I prefer the heterosexual shippings
    • No, I dislike shipping altogether
    • I don't mind either shippings

I'll go read that right now... oh my this is weird... my first clopfic. Hopefully I don't have nightmares lol.

Skip the sex if you're not into it. If at any point you feel weird, just skip the sex. I'll give you fair warning...it has...

Scootaloo

Cheerilee

Silver Spoon

Sweetie Belle

Apple Bloom

Rainbow Dash

Twilight Sparkle

It's a pretty good love triangle with Scoot, Cheer, and Silver.

I don't know. I honestly don't know. In IRL, I believe that this kind of thing would be wrong, but I don't know if it's efficient to support it in fictious context.

They're cute, is all I think I can say. As for preference, I'd say neither. I like both.

Skip the sex if you're not into it. If at any point you feel weird, just skip the sex. I'll give you fair warning...it has...

Scootaloo

Cheerilee

Silver Spoon

Sweetie Belle

Apple Bloom

Rainbow Dash

Twilight Sparkle

It's a pretty good love triangle with Scoot, Cheer, and Silver.

Few chapters in... so far I gotta say the amount of detail is amazing, much better than I thought it would be. I'm not even really minding the fact that its sex sex sex... the plot is really good (no pun intended) and I see myself possibly reading more of these fics, as long as they're all this well written :D

Few chapters in... so far I gotta say the amount of detail is amazing, much better than I thought it would be. I'm not even really minding the fact that its sex sex sex... the plot is really good (no pun intended) and I see myself possibly reading more of these fics, as long as they're all this well written :D

Don't worry, they aren't (well written that is)!

No, but...there's Changes (Vinyl x Octavia) and Green (Rarity x Fluttershy). I'm not even sure if they will turn into clop...but I'm pretty sure they will...

I'm pretty sure The Scootaloo Diaries is revered for having the best plot...(I guess pun's intended here). Great fic to start on. Most other Scootaloo fics you might want to steer clear from, kay?

And nice to hear you're enjoying it!

Don't worry, they aren't (well written that is)!

No, but...there's Changes (Vinyl x Octavia) and Green (Rarity x Fluttershy). I'm not even sure if they will turn into clop...but I'm pretty sure they will...

I'm pretty sure The Scootaloo Diaries is revered for having the best plot...(I guess pun's intended here). Great fic to start on. Most other Scootaloo fics you might want to steer clear from, kay?

And nice to hear you're enjoying it!

Rainbow Dash and Twilight together... its what i feared would happen... I'm about to lose it because I want Dashie all to myself and don't want anypony to be with her :( (I guess you could say I'm protective of my imaginary girlfriend :|)

I honestly don't mind shipping, wether it be straight or gay. However, I have a tendency to stay away from M/M shippings, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with them!

• Brohoof 1

I don't care,

I'd ship anything o.o ~

Yet again, Shank has already stated my opinion for me.

And on the topic of homosexual, gynephilic shipping, it's not surprising that most shipping is lesbian. For two reasons, first off the vast majority of the cast are female, and we only Big Mac and Cranky Doodle are developed. And Secondly the bronydoms biggest demographic is teenage males, which I don't want to get into why that makes this expected.

• Brohoof 1

And on the topic of homosexual, gynephilic shipping, it's not surprising that most shipping is lesbian. For two reasons, first off the vast majority of the cast are female, and we only Big Mac and Cranky Doodle are developed. And Secondly the bronydoms biggest demographic is teenage males, which I don't want to get into why that makes this expected.

But is it truly expected? While I don't have numbers on hand, fan fiction writers tend to be female, if I recall correctly, and I doubt they are directly aiming for the teenage male demographic. Personally I never had the impression MLP writers preferred homosexial relationships because they were looking to keep themselves busy on lonely nights; the most popular stories tend to be romance and friendshipping fics. That stands to reason since the friendship among six females is the centerpiece of the show.

In general, I wouldn't hold shipping fics and clop fics as inherently consubstantial.

I'm exceedingly surprised by the general reaction this poll has gotten. I figured more people would be more anti-shipping. I have found that most shippings help add depth to fanfics as long as they don't get too erotic. I enjoy AppleDash and PinkieDash quite a bit because it really plays off on the Rainbow's relationship with the two ponies and all of their personalities. Also it plays off on the well established "fandom fact" that Rainbow, at least, is a lesbian. One hetero ship that I really enjoyed was Twilight and the Doctor. But that might be because Doctor Whooves is my favorite background pony and Twilight is my favorite mane six.