Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first figurines

marlyly

So here they are, my first custom figurines.

They are supose to be Surprise and Velvet, two tumblrs I realy love (if you cant even recognize them I realy sucked :( ).

So I like to have your opinion and maybe some advices.

For Surprise i only had to brush her and paint her.

For Velvet I had to change her mane, I used Pinkie's one.

I took picture of every angles so you can givem e your opinion, sory for the quality.

And thanks for those who're gonna answer :lol:

post-3645-0-20254200-1340846803_thumb.jpeg

post-3645-0-05626000-1340846835_thumb.jpeg

post-3645-0-82041100-1340846850_thumb.jpeg

post-3645-0-70720500-1340846905_thumb.jpeg

post-3645-0-72114200-1340846920_thumb.jpeg

• Brohoof 7

They're good! I am not really a big fan of the figures to be honest, since I don't think they look like in the show. But I can understand the work behind these! Good job :)

Surprise is pretty spot on and velvet's hair is very good for what you had to work with. The only thing I would change is that velvet's coat is more of a light purplish gray almost.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Surprise is pretty spot on and velvet's hair is very good for what you had to work with. The only thing I would change is that velvet's coat is more of a light purplish gray almost.

I had a little problem with velvet color.

I'm usualy using citadel painting (the one usualy use for warhammer) and I lost all of them when Velvet was only half painted (never let your cat go in your room when there's artistic work inside).

So I went back to my usual shop to discover that they had changed all the colors they were selling............................. pony feather!!!

I tried to make the same, and I think it's ok, but if you look close at the back of her head you'll see that the color is kinda diferent.

Thanks you all for your compliments.

Do you think that nylon thread use for fishing would be OK for Molestia's hair (my next project).?

EDIT AFTER LOOKING AT THE THE MAIN PAGE OF THE FORUM:

Happy birthday Bohtty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by marlyly

You've done a wonderful job :)

Thanks; I still nead to figure out the best color for the colar (something between gold and silver) and Moli will be done too.

I cant wait to post it.

So wait, did you make these from scratch, or just recolored them?

I'd like to know this before I critique c:

For Surprise, I just recolored her skin and brush her mane.

For Velvet I took a blue unicorn toy (the only one I can find except twilight), change her color, cut her mane of and replace it with the mane of a pinkie pie toy and then brush her.

To be honest for surprise I just followed a guide for the mane so it wasn't realy hard. But for Velvet it's my work, 120% mine (yes, it neaded to be about 20% more mine).

Why are you so hard on yourself, everything takes practice and these are wonderful.

Hard on myself? Nope! I just like to give my best, not because I'm hard with myself, but because I find it fun!

And to everypony else thanks you for your coments, I took a while before to answer because I had issues with my high school.

So to apologise here is my last work:

http://dear-sweet-molestia.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Molestia-s-figurine-314626662

At first it was supossed to be Molestia but I had a lot of troubles and only a few time to deal with its.

The color wasn't right at all for the mane and I didn't manage to dyed it.

I didn't took enough hairs and they aren't puted corectly on the back of the head.

The color, between gold and silver isn't good either (didn(t aded enough gold).

The colar is just a failure, the clay I used was hard to use and of bad quality (it was supose to be only a test so I took the cheap one).

The reason why I'm posting this is also that, due to holidays and family, I wont be able to make another one before a mounth.

When it'll be over I'll give my best to create the best tribute to the Tumblr I love (and I'll also try to make a queen chrysalis, I'll see about that).

Once again thanks you all, sory for being late ,and happy summer :lol: