Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trading Card Release Date?

Master Chief

The cards are dated to hit shelves July (Now). Well, my parents went to Target and I scurried to the "My Little Pony" Aisle. I slowly and casually walked through, as if just passing by. I saw no cards. "Oh well, maybe in the Trading Card Aisle". I went their and saw nothing but Pokemon and Yugioh, but none of the empty racks said "MY Little Pony" or "MLP". Though I have not yet checked the Trading Card store fiver doors down from my home, I have yet to find any. Other than "July 2012", is their a release date?

The cards are dated to hit shelves July (Now). Well, my parents went to Target and I scurried to the "My Little Pony" Aisle. I slowly and casually walked through, as if just passing by. I saw no cards. "Oh well, maybe in the Trading Card Aisle". I went their and saw nothing but Pokemon and Yugioh, but none of the empty racks said "MY Little Pony" or "MLP". Though I have not yet checked the Trading Card store fiver doors down from my home, I have yet to find any. Other than "July 2012", is their a release date?

i picked up a few packs at the con

wait, they still make yughio cards?

WAIT! they make trading card stores?

i picked up a few packs at the con

wait, they still make yughio cards?

WAIT! they make trading card stores?

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon will be milked for all eternity, I'm afraid -_-

I have no knowledge of a release date. Poke around some more, but I imagine you should wait another week or two. It's only the 4th day of the month. It could come out halfway through the month, or closer to the end, for all anyone knows.

The Toywiz site says they'll be released July 15th. I don't know if that means in stores, though.

Wow. Celebrating my birthday on the fifteenth. It's ashamed I don't want any dirty looks from my Aunts and Uncles XD (Even though I'm gonna be wearing the sick PON-3 t shirt my best friend got me)

Any word if Derpy will be in the set? I really hope they did make Derpy cards. Hasbro needs to realize that people will always be offended by something. It's up to companies to not give in to those kinds of people.

It's not a card game. That would be a CCG. They're just trading cards. They come out July 11th. Enterplay's website said that they'll be released in stores then.

Some interesting stat info on the Trading cards.

Each pack

2 char/villain/pet cards

1 location card

1 story card

1 foil/popup card

almost always 1 tattoo

MLP Trading Card Set is 84 cards

30 chars

6 villan/others

8 pets

28 story cards

12 locations

22 packs for the chars/villains/pets with no duplicates

28 packs for all the story cards with no duplicates

12 packs for all the location cards

Minimum of 28 packs needed to complete the set, not including all the rare foil cards.

I bought two packs so for anyone who's curious, here's what they look like. As far as I know, the Rarity foil card is a BronyCon exclusive and will not be sold in stores.

Front

post-37-0-81638800-1341892734_thumb.jpg

Reverse

post-37-0-18978900-1341892790_thumb.jpg

Element puzzle card, standee, and tattoo

post-37-0-19055800-1341892828_thumb.jpg

Reverse

post-37-0-82374200-1341892831_thumb.jpg

I bought two packs so for anyone who's curious, here's what they look like. As far as I know, the Rarity foil card is a BronyCon exclusive and will not be sold in stores.

You are correct about the Rarity foil card. I saw them going on ebay for like 50 bucks.

I believe that the correct release dates for the cards is July 11 in hobby stores and July 17 in retail stores. That's what the MLP Wikia says, anyways. I could check back at Target tomorrow and see if the release date is the 15th instead, though.

I'm seriously wanting more of those cards. I just got some of those sleeves that you put in a binder and put the cards in there and they look so incomplete... I only have one of those pages filled, and that's because I purposefully bought all the pet cards from one of the vendors at Bronycon.

I bought 10 packs of cards, bought some individual ones, and traded with someone who had set up all his cards on a table.

So i'm gonna collect em all. can't wait to see them around, my local hobby stores don't stock them atm :/.

Me too. I've never been into trading cards before, and I probably wouldn't be into these if it weren't for Bronycon, but these are really nice and definitely cater to the bronies while being appropriate for little girls.

As for Derpy being in the collection, she doesn't have her own card, BUT one of the location cards is Cloudsdale, and you can see a picture of Derpy on the back as one of the residents. :3

Me too. I've never been into trading cards before, and I probably wouldn't be into these if it weren't for Bronycon, but these are really nice and definitely cater to the bronies while being appropriate for little girls.

As for Derpy being in the collection, she doesn't have her own card, BUT one of the location cards is Cloudsdale, and you can see a picture of Derpy on the back as one of the residents. :3

If this were a TCG i'd be soo happy :D, i'd probably run tornaments for it xD

You are correct about the Rarity foil card. I saw them going on ebay for like 50 bucks.

I believe that the correct release dates for the cards is July 11 in hobby stores and July 17 in retail stores. That's what the MLP Wikia says, anyways. I could check back at Target tomorrow and see if the release date is the 15th instead, though.

I'm seriously wanting more of those cards. I just got some of those sleeves that you put in a binder and put the cards in there and they look so incomplete... I only have one of those pages filled, and that's because I purposefully bought all the pet cards from one of the vendors at Bronycon.

I bought 10 packs of cards, bought some individual ones, and traded with someone who had set up all his cards on a table.

I saw a Rarity card go for $70 about a week ago. :blink: I bought a binder and some sleeves to put mine in too and I too have only one page filled, but that's only because I'm putting them all together in the same page until I get more. That way you can see them all at a glance instead of having to flip through pages. I only bought two packs at BronyCon but I ordered five more from toywiz.com, so hopefully I'll have some to trade soon.

I saw a Rarity card go for $70 about a week ago. :blink: I bought a binder and some sleeves to put mine in too and I too have only one page filled, but that's only because I'm putting them all together in the same page until I get more. That way you can see them all at a glance instead of having to flip through pages. I only bought two packs at BronyCon but I ordered five more from toywiz.com, so hopefully I'll have some to trade soon.

I know the Bronycon Rarity card is going for a gajillion dollars.

I bought 10 packs at Bronycon. I haven't bought a binder yet because I want to buy a customized one from zazzle, but I bought the sleeves. And I've been putting all of mine in order because I don't want to rearrange all my cards later.