Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite game series and why?

Evil Nightmares

So you enjoyed Wand of Gamelon? :P

Alright... most of the games.... :P

I just searched it now, and didn't know about this game till now, but you have to agree with me that Zelda is one of the most selling series.

Alright... most of the games.... :P

I just searched it now, and didn't know about this game till now, but you have to agree with me that Zelda is one of the most selling series.

There are a few games for CDi like that. All of them were considered pretty bad. They weren't even made by Nintendo, and only exist because of a legal fallout between Philips and Nintendo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

• Brohoof 1

My favorite games/game series?

• Killing floor (best zombie shooter ever.)
  • Half Life. Possibly the best single player shooter series ever. Still waitin' for Half Life 3...
  • Team Fortress 2. The game that introduced me to class based multiplayer shooters. I don't play it much anymore, but I have about 420 total hours of playtime in TF2. Good times...
  • Portal. The portal series is what introduced me to VALVe, and I love it for that :wub:
  • I would say I'm a fan of the elder scrolls series, but I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim.
  • The fallout series.
  • I'll admit, the only 2 pokemon games I enjoyed were sapphire/Ruby/Emerald and Firered/Leafgreen. I don't dislike the ones that came before those generations, I just never got the chance to play them.
  • I also play a lot of Battlefield 3. I feel that it's just more refined than shooters like Modern Warfare 3, and it's a hell of a lot of fun when playing with your friends.
  • Can't forget Bioshock. I loved the first one, but the second one took away the horror feel of the game, in my opinion.

I think there are a few more, but those are all I can name, right of the top of my head.

(edited)

Half life series

Portal

Doom

Honorable mentions to Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid as I have only played the first one of each but like them both.

Edit: Another honorable mention to Command and Conquer: Tiberian series and Red Alert series. They were awesome til EA bought out Westwood. C&C 3 was alright though.

Edited by A Blithering Div

For all the games that have been made... I don't think there has been an awful Zelda game in the series.

I think it was mentioned..but the CDi ones were pretty bad..

and umm for me

• Resident Evil
  • Silent Hill
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Halo
  • Gears of War
  • Tf2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Portal
  • Command and Conquer
  • Devil May Cry
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Battlefront
  • Knights of the old Republic (the earlier ones, not the MMO)
  • Jedi Knight
  • Pokémon
  • Mario
  • Legend Of Zelda
  • Aliens vs Predator (the older ones)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Oddworld Series

and umm...I think that is it..

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, the answer is obvious...

The games in the Half-Life universe! Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Portal, Half-Life 2 Episode 1, Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Portal 2...not sure if these are in correct order but you get the point.

My favorite is Portal 2 but I love them all.

There's also Pokémon. I really do love Pokémon. Mario is fun, too.

Edited by Discovery Dream
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Megaman, Mario, Pac-Man, that's pretty much it off the top of my head.

And before you go "WHAT ABOUT COMMANDER KEEN HE'S IN YOUR ICON AND SIGNATURE" I just like the character Commander Keen. The games are good, just not my favorites.

Edited by BlueBomber

The Legend of Zelda Series.

Posted Image

For all the games that have been made... I don't think there has been an awful Zelda game in the series.

You're forgetting the Unholy Triforce.

As for my favorite franchises:

Legend of Zelda

Metal Gear Solid

Kid Icarus

• 1 month later...

So yeah this will be my first blog thingy and I've been answering blogs about gaming so I was wondering, what is your fave game series and what makes it your favorite? My favorite franchise is Zelda, but have others like Pokemon, Starfox, Metroid, Kirby, Mario, Smash Bros, Resident Evil Metal Gear Solid, Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia, Silent Hill, and many others, so what's yours? :o

• Brohoof 1

Mario sereis is definitely my all time favorite video game series, I've always had those games in my life, I enjoy them quite a bit!

• Brohoof 1

Mario sereis is definitely my all time favorite video game series, I've always had those games in my life, I enjoy them quite a bit!

yeah Mario was like my very first game, gotta say it framed my childhood, even though I like Zelda better Mario is still in my Top 10.