Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

I'm sorry.

I meant that as a joke.

I didn't mean to make you mad.

I'll respect your opinion.

It's alright. I forgiv u :3

Onions are the greatest vegetables ever. They have layers, just like me!

• Brohoof 1

I hold Minecraft over every game on the planet.

I've played CoD Ghosts.

I've played Uncharted.

I've played many other games.

Minecraft is still #1 in my book.

Edited by Hyper Dash

Yeah, i gues but the world building in fallout games is massive. though resourse wars happen,I never got why the enclave built the shelters to do test but it would end up killing about oh 80% of the vaults. Yeah good way to "save" the human race.

You don't understand... I can comprehend the vastness of the world but there is no rational explanation for how it got this way. Just circular logic of "war never changes" and simply saying "atomic bombs". Yea i am not buying it. The game was not so bad but i still won't buy any of this series. I will never understand the hype about it either.

I don't think all girls have to be "elegant" and "knowledgable about culture". I prefer being a tomboy without giving a shit about cultures that don't affect me at all, thank you very much.

• Brohoof 4

- the *nix way is the best way.

- Embedded programming is best type of programming.

I like Windows 8. Once you get used to it, it's no problem at all. People just don't like change.

you must be one of those that don't like change then, because you didn't like linux LMAO.

Okay, another one of my favorite fandoms is James Bond, so here are some Bond opinions I've run into resistance with:

-I don't like it when people say that Sean Connery was the "best" Bond. I think all six actors who played him have brought a different, albeit noteworthy, take on the personality and psychology of Bond. I think it makes as much sense as serious "Best Pony" debates.

-I don't think the crazier Bond films, such as Roger Moore's films of the '70's and early '80's, were bad. The 70's were a hyperbolic decade, and as such the films should be judged in context. Just because the modern era is "edgier" doesn't negate the amazing work of Moore.

-I get annoyed when people say that Connery's and Daniel Craig's performances are "closer to the book." I doubt many people in their 20's or younger have seen any Bond films other than Craig's, and maybe Brosnan's, let alone read any of the books. They couldn't tell Ian Fleming from John le Carre, yet they are typical parroting "experts."

Okay! Rant over!  ^_^

Edited by OmniaVincitEquorum

Okay, another one of my favorite fandoms is James Bond, so here are some Bond opinions I've run into resistance with:

-I don't like it when people say that Sean Connery was the "best" Bond. I think all six actors who played him have brought a different, albeit noteworthy, take on the personality and psychology of Bond. I think it makes as much sense as serious "Best Pony" debates.

-I don't think the crazier Bond films, such as Roger Moore's films of the '70's and early '80's, were bad. The 70's were a hyperbolic decade, and as such the films should be judged in context. Just because the modern era is "edgier" doesn't negate the amazing work of Moore.

-I get annoyed when people say that Connery's and Daniel Craig's performances are "closer to the book." I doubt many people in their 20's or younger have seen any Bond films other than Craig's, and maybe Brosnan's, let alone read any of the books. They couldn't tell Ian Fleming from John le Carre, yet they are typical parroting "experts."

Okay! Rant over! ^_^

I CAN GO ON A GIANT BOND RELATED TIRADE x-x

Craig is a sh*tty Bond

Timothy Dalton was a good one, much to everyone's denial (and actually closer to Fleming's portrayal[i read the books])

Craig Bond movies are generic 2 hour beer commercials

Craig is a whiny b*tch

F*ck Craig

• Brohoof 1

I CAN GO ON A GIANT BOND RELATED TIRADE x-x

Craig is a sh*tty Bond

Timothy Dalton was a good one, much to everyone's denial (and actually closer to Fleming's portrayal[i read the books])

Craig Bond movies are generic 2 hour beer commercials

Craig is a whiny b*tch

F*ck Craig

Haha! Honestly, the Craig films are the only ones I can recall Bond actually drinking beer, so good catch.

I'm glad someone else actually appreciates Timothy Dalton. I was pretty riveted during The Living Daylights, one of the few of the films to actually draw me in that intensely.

I see the Craig films' contribution as spotlighting the bureaucracy of MI6 vs. the instincts of the individual spies. In that way, the three Craig films seemed to have taken a page from le Carre's themes.

Haha! Honestly, the Craig films are the only ones I can recall Bond actually drinking beer, so good catch.

I'm glad someone else actually appreciates Timothy Dalton. I was pretty riveted during The Living Daylights, one of the few of the films to actually draw me in that intensely.

I see the Craig films' contribution as spotlighting the bureaucracy of MI6 vs. the instincts of the individual spies. In that way, the three Craig films seemed to have taken a page from le Carre's themes.

Imo Pierce Brosnan was the best bond. I just liked his style more than Sean Connery even. Maybe he aint the best but he looked cool to me. I grew up with him as a Bond.

I think that Disney's version of Willy Wonka is very overrated (and that the Johnny Depp version better matches the tone of the book, as well as sticks closer to the story).

You're one of the only people who have this opinion (along with me)

It's funny, I've seen people say the Johnny Depp version is overrated and than go off praising the Disney/Gene Wilder version, lol.

Since I see that people have been pretty respectful so far, here's my two cents. I hope I don't offend anyone. :blush:

• I do not approve of the LGBT community. I do not approve of them personally. And I have my reasons, and opinions about why I don't support them. However, I respect the community completely. Just... don't push it on me. I am a Christian; this doesn't mean I hate them. I am just not okay with what they do; I love my LGBT friends, but they know that I am not okay with their lifestyle. [if you wanna know why, PM me!]
  • I hate heavy metal, I do not like country, or super repetitive songs [im looking at you, trance music]

• I sometimes find Applejack annoying. [i don't know why! I've been trying to figure it out, but I have no idea why I find her like this.]

• I do not like watching sports. Dudes/girls that talk about cars and sports all the time bore me.

• I do not believe in sex before marriage.

• I hate Cartoon Network.

• I do not like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry or Nicki Minaj, nor their songs.

• I do not like The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama or any of those shows. I know they're good, they are just not my type of show/humor.
Edited by Nameria
  • Brohoof 1

>I hate people who make their entire personality their sexuality. I understand you are gay, but letting your sexual preference define your entire character is very very annoying, and those people often call any criticism of themselves homophobic, or tansphobic, even if the criticism in question is not related to their sexuality.

>80s hair metal, butt rock, and "heavy metal" is far superior to todays emo kid hot topic metal.

>The AK-12 may just be the best weapon invented so far, as it solves the issues with the previous iterations of the ak series, while maintaining its reliability.

>Waifuing is ok, but seeing every other post relate in some way to your phantasmal significant other is very grating.

• Brohoof 2

Tim Burton is the worst thing to happen to modern cinema.

Yeah, I said it. I belong to a native American tribe named the "So-Sue-Me"s.

His forced attempt to appeal to a very specific audience (you, if reading this is making you flustered) by making everything "creepy and twisted, but endearing" while shoe-horning a "relatable, misunderstood, shunned by everyone for being different" character that his rabid scene fans eat up with terryfing devotion. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HIS GODAWFUL "REIMAGINGS".It's all scene kid fodder, all of it.

His fascination with Johnny Depp and the pale crazy-haired lady is also very weird.

The only things he's good at is his non-live action movies, and even then, they still suffer from the "Tim Burton movie" archetype and are borderline-unbearable for me to watch. GG, Tim Burton. I can't wait for your next movie to come out and be plastered all over Hot Topic.

I don't mind Doge, but I hate how people spam it everywhere. Seriously, I can't go to any of my favorite sites any more without seeing at least one annoying Doge meme. It's getting old.

Besides, Shrek is a way better meme.