Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

FiM-related:

-The Swedish dub VA's aren't terrible, just woefully mediocre.

-The Swedish singers are noticeably better than the english ones.

This being siad, the dub itself is horrid(as in the the work done to translate). All that "Swenglish" drives me nutbar.

(edited)

I like Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) and Super Mario Sunshine (though it isn't as hated as the game I mentioned before)

I think the idea of making Twilight an alicorn isn't that bad.

I don't like the idea of anthropomorphizing ponies.

I HATE FPSs and prefer platformer and fighting games.

I think the Wiimote is actually a pretty good controller (and the GCN controller)

I don't like PC gaming.

I hate zombies and I think they are overrated.

I hate life

I think that hoodies are overrated.

can't think of any more atm

OH OH, and I think Derpy Hooves being popular just for being the Where's Wally(Waldo) of the series is really really dumb. (JUST MY OPINION)

Edited by Okie Dokie Lokie

Consoles are a worthless piece of garbage. They serve no purpose and can't do anything better than a PC. With a PC, everything is more convenient: Watching movies, playing games, being online, chatting, talking. Everything. Some console purists claim "That it's more comfortable to use a controller". BULLSHIT, you can use a console controller with a PC if you want, and you have the option to use a keyboard and a mouse.

Teen dating is fucking stupid.

Education is a good thing, school isn't.

I like to wear all black.

I wear flannels on hot days.

I hate the beach, I prefer the desert.

Let me guess, you're one of those 13 or 14 year olds who think they're so special because they like "classic rock". 

I've probably said it before, but I love you :3

I'm starting to like electronic music.

That's an unpopular opinion?

YAY! :3

Anyway, more unpopular opinions:

- David Guetta is overrated.

- Avicii is overrated.

- Nicky Romero is underrated.

- Deadmau5 is overrated.

- Skrillex is overrated.

Fukken agree. David Guetta and Avicii have accomplished so much by doing so little. Also, I'll add Calvin Harris to that list. He doesn't do shit these days

Deadmau5's earlier stuff is underrated, his newer stuff is overrated

Nicky Romero is getting the fame he deserves in my opinion, it's not like he's an underground artist. He's one of the leading Electrohouse artists at the moment

(edited)

I think Sexual Promiscuity Parades are stupid and unnecessary.

Oh my, did I say "sexual promiscuity"? I meant "gay pride."

Speaking as someone who supports gay rights and is himself bisexual, I heartily agree. There's no reason to be proud or ashamed of your sexuality, no matter what that sexuality is.

Now, other unpopular opinions...

Star Trek is, as a general rule, piss-poor sci-fi that only makes pretenses at genuine philosophical points (there are exceptions, but they are rare and are largely confined to The Next Generation) (note: I am very much a fan of sci-fi, I just have standards regarding it)

Lost wasn't good even before it jumped the shark

Stargate: SG-1 totally jumped the shark in a spectacularly awful way at the beginning of Season 9

GHO57 is one of the best electronica artist of our age

Much as I love fantasy, a lot of the supposed greats are utter crap (*cough*Willow*cough*)

We really need to let the Tokien-esque fantasy world die. It's doing nothing but imposing limits on what should rightly be the least limited genre.

Final Fantasy XII is the second best Final Fantasy game, right behind VI. 

Final Fantasy VII is not very good. The battle system was pretty good, but the story sucked and Sephiroth is a horrible character.

Aeris' death held no significance for me. She was neither well-characterized nor useful. I felt more genuine emotion at the death of the gorram companion cube than at Aeris' death.

Call of Duty is not only uninspired and exploitative, but boring and poorly designed as well.

Halo is better in regards to originality and story but even worse in regards to design and fun factor.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is one of the poorest-quality Zelda games.

The Metal Gear Solid games are rather poorly written. The overall story is pretty good but moment-to-moment dialogue is mostly crap.

The new DMC is shamefully mediocre in every regard.

David Guetta sucks. He's a talentless hack.

Skrillex isn't amazing, or the best dubstep artist, but I can't really call him overrated considering how many people vocally despise him.

Deadmau5 is ludicrously overrated. Not awful or offensive to the ears, but not particularly good either.

Edited by Nilkad_Naqadah

Teenage dating (or, as it really is at my school, hanging out as a friend of a member of the opposite sex doing absolutely nothing close to intimate or sexual) is complete bullshit.

When it comes to handwriting, cursive is better than print.

I don't like videogames. Sure, the idea of playing through a story's events in the point of view of one of its characters is a great idea, but I'd much rather turn the page of a book or something like that to get to the interesting parts of a story instead of having to play through a frustrating level of a game over and over.

The Cup Song from Pitch Perfect is extremely overrated. Sure, I love Pitch Perfect, (mostly for its humor) but I completely forgot about that song when I first saw it. It didn't stand out in my opinion, and yet a short time after I first saw the film it's been everywhere. The girls at school are singing it in class, covers are all over Youtube, and I'm absolutely sick of it.

I don't care about your sexuality. If you and your other are in a devoted relationship with the both of your consents, then that's wonderful.

Nostalgia Chick > Nostalgia Critic

Tumblr has an ungodly frustrating setup and doesn't give you many options for commenting on works. Only way to like things is to reblog them and put them on a miscellaneous (and sometimes disturbing) mix of interests blog that can be accessed by anyone. Depending on what kinds of things you reblog, that can be a good or really bad thing.

There's nothing wrong with the current generation.

I hate Wednesdays

People who used the word "screamo" to describe death metal, black metal or grindcore have no idea what they're talking about.

Musically oblivious people piss me off.

And those are all good too (though I haven't heart of Diamond Head).  I saw Iron Maiden last July with Alice Cooper as the opening act.  I saw Judas Priest in Detroit on their Epitaph tour.  Believe it or not, Alice Cooper is categorized as rock.  Obviously you've never seen Metal Evolution.  Kiss I can kind of agree on.  They get pretty bad on some of their albums.

King Diamond is really good.  I'm hoping he'll go on tour after he puts his new CD out.

I've seen every episode, still waiting for the extreme metal one.

That's an unpopular opinion?

Have you seen the things people say about it on here?

YAY! :3

So far I like Boards of Canada and The Crystal Method.

Star Trek is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. It's boring, the quality is lousy and overall so stale. Nothing interesting ever happens

Delta 9 is not one of the best Gabber artists of all time

Have you seen the things people say about it on here?

Not really...

You should try Infected Mushroom and perhaps even Post-Dubstep

Florida death metal/ Swedish death metal> Gothenburg Melodeath

I've had few problems with punk fans before, I'm just not very agreeable with them.

The bass guitar is a very underrated instrument.

Violins are overrated, cellos and pianos are much better sounding.

You should try Infected Mushroom and perhaps even Post-Dubstep

They're okay, I guess they can grow on me. 

(edited)

-The Trombone is criminally underused in original(as in "amateur" youtube) music.

It's a wonderful instrument with a very particular sound:

-I don't give a darn about Lauren's "original vision". For all that I know, the show is in better hands now.

-Lauren was actually one of the weakest writers for the show.

Yes, she provided the "Show Bible"- but it is the individual episode writers that mold the characters.

-EqG CMC look better than any pony in the entire FiM series.

Edited by RWB
  • Brohoof 1

Applesauce tastes disgusting

Muts are better then pure breads

Purple is an awesome color 

And Rarity is my least Favorite Pony

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie is kinda annoying

Religion is probably the worst thing humanity has came up with

Napalm is kinda cool

And Rarity is my least Favorite Pony

This is actually very popular. 

• Brohoof 2

-Buying sex should be allowed in Sweden. Pretty darn obvious, considering prostitution itself is allowed. Any reason against removing the law is pretty much covered by other laws. Be consistent. If it isn't to be allowed? Then ban the darn prostitution as well.

It's a remnant of christian moral panic in Sweden, and no political party dares touch the question(because the other side would stamp them with the SEXIST! mark immediately).

Kind of how nobody wanted(or still wants) to touch on immigration because they'd be stamped racists- but a party already marked as racist by the others has now gotten into a position of decent power, and thus it can't just be ignored anymore.

This is especially silly since all of the other current parties(except the environmentalist party) have a wildly racist backgrounds, being the ones that introduced the Race Biology Institute, which carried out forced sterilization on swedish minorities(and this was kept in action into the 70s)- and which was one of Hitler's big inspirations.

No matter how bad Twilight was, The Host was amazing.

Teenagers don't ALWAYS rebel against what their parents believe.

My Little Pony isn't the only good kids show.  It's just one of the best.

• Brohoof 2

Why hello there.

( If you like Boards of Canada, I highly recommend also listening to musicians like Bibio, Flying Lotus and other WARP Artists)

• Brohoof 1

Religion is probably the worst thing humanity has came up with

It's the most brainwashing for sure.

Summer vacation seems simply boring after only the first day.

One simply can not go to a music festival to enjoy the concert and get lawn tickets.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-The 100 letter limit on the forum is asinine. It literally forces you to add in extra words to break the limit if you write something concise. I can understand a 50 letter limit(which makes sure people at least write a sentence or so). All it does is make you annoyed. Is it against the rules of the forum to vent about this?

Edited by RWB
  • Brohoof 1

-The 100 letter limit on the forum is asinine. It literally forces you to add in extra words to break the limit if you write something concise. I can understand a 50 letter limit(which makes sure people at least write a sentence or so). All it does is make you annoyed. Is it against the rules of the forum to vent about this?

Not as far as I'm concerned, but maybe you can recommend that in the feedback and suggestions thread. 

(Also, completely agree; I would've stopped at "thread" if not for the 100 character limit)

Gary Johnson should have been president. Pinkie Pie is fairly annoying. Capitalism is good. Guns should be unregulated but gun crime should be more strictly patrolled. Religion is only a way for people to be less scared of death.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer pie over cake.

Drugs should be lealized in America, and so should prostitution.

It's the most brainwashing for sure.

Don't forget destructive.  

I think an 80 letter limit would work best.

• Brohoof 1

100 character limit is the best idea ever

Assassin's Creed is now Ubisoft's cash cow

Cupcakes sucks

CheerilMac > FlutterMac

Ace Attorney Investigation > Ace Attorney

The new DMC is shamefully mediocre in every regard.

^This

Dave Polsky is the worst writer on the show.

I thought that this one was popular

• Brohoof 3

Cupcakes sucks  

Isn't that technically a popular opinion? It's infamous within the brony community, and more fans are finally coming to realize how bad it actually is. 

-Ocarina of Time is the worst of the 3D Zelda games, and it's not even a close race.

-A Link to the past is not the best 2D Zelda game, not by a long shot.

• Brohoof 2

Rino Romano has a much more badass Batman voice than Kevin Conroy.  Nonetheless, just on matching sound to look, I can't help but hear Conroy when I read any Batman comics.

You know what I think? I'm telling you, you're gonna hate me for this.

Really, it's that bad. You won't believe a human being could actually think this.

Ready? Here goes...

*deep breath*

I actually like Rarity. Favorite character. At least, from the mane 6 anyway.

...okay, so maybe that wasn't all that bad.

• Brohoof 2