Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This Day Aria-Solo Acoustic Guitar Arrangement

Warbalist

Wow, there sure has been a big influx of new music, and I'm really happy about that, especially for all the new faces. Now all I need is a day off to listen to them all!

At any rate, as per request, I made an arrangement of This Day Aria for solo acoustic guitar. If you go to the YouTube description you can download the sheet music/tabs.

Please forgive the buzzes, my guitar needs a new nut.....at least....

This is my fifth arrangement. What should I do next?

• Brohoof 6

With the buzz, did you check the fret board and all? A fret could be unleveled, or there could be a problem with the wood itself, which would require a little shaving. If anything, I hope your... truss rod (assuiming this guitar has one) is good. Because that would require a lot more work. Still, a new nut would be the easiest fix.

Also, I can tell that you're not playing on a traditional nylon :P Ignoring that, the tone you have sounds a little plucky. Make sure your fingers are going through the strings, and not from under them.

I appreciated some of the arpeggios you had. Arpeggiating something, in my opinion, adds way more suspense and atmosphere than just plaing a straight up chord. The dynamics you used in the song weren't bad, either.

Overall, 7/10. Not bad at all. :)

Oh, and for the next song.... I honestly don't know xD How about Art of the Dress?

Edited by Djenty
  • Brohoof 1

This is awesome! I don't know what you should do next because I don't think I've seen your other 4. Anyways this is awesome!

Thank you very much! Check out mah YouTubes if you're wanting to hear the other 4: http://www.youtube.com/user/warbalist

With the buzz, did you check the fret board and all? A fret could be unleveled, or there could be a problem with the wood itself, which would require a little shaving. If anything, I hope your... truss rod (assuiming this guitar has one) is good. Because that would require a lot more work. Still, a new nut would be the easiest fix.

Also, I can tell that you're not playing on a traditional nylon :P Ignoring that, the tone you have sounds a little plucky. Make sure your fingers are going through the strings, and not from under them.

I appreciated some of the arpeggios you had. Arpeggiating something, in my opinion, adds way more suspense and atmosphere than just plaing a straight up chord. The dynamics you used in the song weren't bad, either.

Overall, 7/10. Not bad at all. :)

Oh, and for the next song.... I honestly don't know xD How about Art of the Dress?

Heheh. Plunky sound? Yeah, it needs a new nut and has needed one since I got the thing, but alas, I don't want to go through the ordeal of changing and filing the nut, especially when I want a graphite one and to pay someone else to work on my guitars? HA!

Art of the dress? Another fast Rarity one? Yikes! Maybe I'll shelve that one and do a couple easy ones first...like Smile, Smile, Smile! DOH! :P

Wow this is really good! This makes me want to learn how to play the guitar even more! I think you should do Winter Wrap Up, Becoming Popular, Find a Pet, or The Flim Flam Brothers song! :D

Becoming Popular I already did (check the link above, yo!). Find a Pet? Maybe.... Super-Speedy-Cider-Squeezy?! No way, they talk through almost the whole thing! :lol:

Art of the Dress, huh? Hmmm.....

Also, Djenty, it plays far more like an electric because it's an unmodded Variax Acoustic 300. Yeah, it needs work, but suggesting that I might be hooking my fingers under the strings? That's fairly presumptuous, though understandable by the way it sounds.

• Brohoof 1

Also, Djenty, it plays far more like an electric because it's an unmodded Variax Acoustic 300. Yeah, it needs work, but suggesting that I might be hooking my fingers under the strings? That's fairly presumptuous, though understandable by the way it sounds.

Eh, it may just be because how hard my classic guitar teacher is on me, that I'd jump to that conclusion. :lol:

Another thing that could effect sound on a steel string is nails. While it's good for nylon, steel, not so much. :blink: So it could just be you playing with your nails and all, which is actually proper playing. :P

I tend to jump the gun when judging music with guitar, just because I enjoy the instrument so much.

Eh, it may just be because how hard my classic guitar teacher is on me, that I'd jump to that conclusion. :lol:

Another thing that could effect sound on a steel string is nails. While it's good for nylon, steel, not so much. :blink: So it could just be you playing with your nails and all, which is actually proper playing. :P

I tend to jump the gun when judging music with guitar, just because I enjoy the instrument so much.

No nails, that's one of the issues. The strings tend to stick to me, but you can't play hardcore piano or Lute with nails, HA! Trust me dude, everyone who plays that guitar gets buzzed. It desperately needs a new nut. Truss is good, frets are good, no bumps anywhere, nice give in the neck....DAT NUT! It's just too screwed up. I use this guitar because I don't want to break out the classical and mic. So much more hassle; I'd rather live with the buzz for this kind of thing. I mostly just do these so other people can try the arrangements. GOGOGO! :D

I did end up checking them out and dang they are all really good. You should do Art of The Dress, that would be awesome.

Thanks dude. Looks like Djent is right. Art of the Dress it is! Yikes! I'll be playing it at 50 BPM! :P

• Brohoof 1

As a pony who plays guitar, I have to say this is very impressive. Being that you played the high and low notes at the same time at least is seemingly great (I am unaware at what notes are actually being played, so it's hard to tell)

Regardless, very well done sir.

• Brohoof 1

this is actually pretty awesome. i listened to this a couple times already. very well done. bravo!!!

Thank you Berry Punch!

As a pony who plays guitar, I have to say this is very impressive. Being that you played the high and low notes at the same time at least is seemingly great (I am unaware at what notes are actually being played, so it's hard to tell)

Regardless, very well done sir.

Thanks. You should try playing it! The link to download the sheet music/tabs is in the video description.

I saw this on my subscriptions!

I devised a little mathematical proof in your honor.

You+guitar+ponies=Talent.

You+guitar+ponies+youtube=Fame.

You=Awesome.

the Phony Brony

I don't know how you're making up this math, but I like the idea. When're we gonna collab, bruthah?!
  • Brohoof 1

Wow this is great. Very well done man even with the occasional buzz it still sounds amazing. :wub:

I would love to hear some more of your stuff when your guitar is all fixed up.

Keep it up dude its amazing to listen to. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Wow this is great. Very well done man even with the occasional buzz it still sounds amazing. :wub:

I would love to hear some more of your stuff when your guitar is all fixed up.

Keep it up dude its amazing to listen to. ^_^

Thanks, bruthah! One of these days I'll use my classical and it'll be really nice sounding, but until then, CONVENIENCE REIGNS SUPREME!!! :angry:

• Brohoof 1

;A; I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH! its sooooo good! i listened to like the rest of all of your covers on youtube!!!

Thank you. It looks like your OC's been eating the baked bads again. You know not everypony can digest them, right?

• Brohoof 1

Thank you. It looks like your OC's been eating the baked bads again. You know not everypony can digest them, right?

^-^ thanks so much~ i just made another OC Maybe ill post her design on here once i post it on DA :3
  • Brohoof 1

This is my favorite song! I love this song! Oh wow this is amazing! I keep singing along.. Ponytastic Job there :)

Thank you! That's awesome. You gonna record it and put it up on YouTube? :D

^-^ thanks so much~ i just made another OC Maybe ill post her design on here once i post it on DA :3

That's awesome. You visual artists and your abilities. I swear, what you guys do is mystical sorcery to me.

• Brohoof 1

Good job, I like it. You should guitar another song. Again, this is a really good Acoustic cover, Nice work.

Thanks. Yeah, Art of the Dress is next, all thanks to Djenty. It'll take a while, though, 'cause that one's no walk in the park.