Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I wonder what touching Celestia's & Luna's Manes would feel like...

ThePwnyBrony

I think it would probably feel like putting your hand in loose jello, or maybe a vat of marshmallow. I can't help but see that their manes look almost liquid, and I think that if I stuck my hand in it, it would be all wet with magic-mane stuff when I pulled it out.

Gross, but cool.

• Brohoof 2

I hear it feels like slipping your hands through waves of gentle silk undulating past your palms, with each flow sending chills down your spine.

~~

Edited by VOODOO
  • Brohoof 7

Something tells me that their manes are intangible.Although I could imagine it being like running your hands through a gust of wind you can feel it's silky presence but ever so slightly.I think I love Luna now.Damn it now I'm so curious on what it's like..

Edited by OdinForced

Quoting myself from an old topic

The funny thing is, NMM's mane was ethereal enough to flows straight through her helmet

Posted Image

But Luna's mane was corporeal enough so Pipsqueak could pull it at the Luna Eclipsed

Posted Image

The big questions is: Is that thing even solid? :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypEg653MC_Y

Just skip to 19.39, and you will hear Luna's mane will go 'squeak' when pip pulled it. My bet is her mane is just a bundle of very light hair that blows with the tiniest wind. Maybe it made of plastic-like substance.

• Brohoof 3

I feel like it would be similar to mist, but that was pretty much disproved when Pip basically tugged on Luna's mane successfully in Nightmare Night. So my guess is they are soft and wavy, but are tangible and solid. Maybe like silk or some other soft material.

Celestia's mane looks like a thin wave of air. Luna's mane, on the other hand, looks more like a thick liquid rather than anything else. Probably feels like putting your hand into a void or something.

• 8 months later...

I'm not an expert in science or anything but what if... just what if... their manes were actually made out of an entirely different state of matter from the ones we know already?

Celestia's and Luna's manes are actually comprised of dark matter that only cartoon ponies can touch.

If you were to touch it, the feeling would be so painful, our minds can't even comprehend it.

...or it could just be silky..

• Brohoof 1

A silky substance, that is pretty lightweight and can be blown by any winds. Either that or it's magically enchanted to flow like that...

Just wondering, how does hair feel like plastic? That doesn't make any sense T_T

What if they were like flubber...now I'm really scared o,o I would imagine it feeling like a plastic bag filled with that warm jell o stuff, but I dont know how something as heavy as that would move so lightly...who are we kidding, its magic man...MAGIC. 

(edited)

I'd say it would probably just feels like really silky hair... When Pip pulls on Luna's mane in the episode "Luna Eclipsed", it acted as normal hair would.

post-2257-0-98908700-1369297785_thumb.jpg

Edited by Full Spectrum

we've always felt like it feels like mercury which last time we messed with that stuff it felt cold and the fact that it fells like water without the wet :P

Hmm..never thought about it? I imagine it'd feel like any other pony's mane, 'cept maybe softer and silkier? I think the only difference is that a sort of magical aura surrounds it, maybe giving it a sort of glow unlike any other pony's mane..

But overall, I think it's just normal horse hair with an aura around it to give it any other 'special effects' such as the stars in Luna's mane.