Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Poster Wins

Discord!

Jesus. This feels like a dream. Last time I posted on this forum was 8 years ago, and here I am, at 21 years old, again. Been rewatching MLP with a friend recently and feeling pretty glum about the whole 'fandom is dying thing' so I figured I'd look up my old forum name and see if I couldn't get back into it. Turns out I can, and man does this feels strange. Like a dream, almost.

So much has happened. I'm not quite sure what the point of me even posting here is. I still love the show. I love the EqG films. I grew so attached to these characters and this world and this community, but I had left it for long enough, paid so little attention I forgot how much it meant to me. No real point in me posting anything here but I feel a primal need to scream into the dark endless void that is the fandom. And I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head. Sadness and almost a sense of mourning about how this show's community has faded so much. A sense of love and comfort I had forgotten this show gave me until I started to watch it all over again. Shock at the fact this thread is still going. Hope that maybe G5 will be good and bring people back, or at least bring new people in ... But mostly just the first one.

I hope I'm not bumming any of ya'll out, though I'm more than certain I probably am. I just felt a need to take a trip down memory lane and come back to this old haunt and rant. It's been so very long and I almost feel like a ghost coming here. I suppose I wish all of you luck on winning, as I doubt I'll be posting on here ever again. Just want to snoop around and see what's happening. Maybe I'll make a new account or something. Keep my identity hidden now that my current OC is ... publicly known.

Also, before I go. A couple lists, because why not, yeah?

Top 3 Favorite Ponies:

1. Sunset Shimmer (Shut up she counts she is best girl and I will throttle you if you disagree with her qualifications for a pony)

2. Starlight Glimmer

3. Rarity

Top 3 Favorite Villains:

1. The Dazzlings

2. Season 2 Chrysalis

3. Discord (Pre-reformation, obviously)

Feel free to give your own if you'd like. I'm just a drifter passing through a place she used to call home. Give me something worth responding to and maybe I will. Goodnight. I should have gone to bed hours ago.

4 minutes ago, Sketchi Inktip Quillwing said:

Jesus. This feels like a dream. Last time I posted on this forum was 8 years ago, and here I am, at 21 years old, again. Been rewatching MLP with a friend recently and feeling pretty glum about the whole 'fandom is dying thing' so I figured I'd look up my old forum name and see if I couldn't get back into it. Turns out I can, and man does this feels strange. Like a dream, almost.

So much has happened. I'm not quite sure what the point of me even posting here is. I still love the show. I love the EqG films. I grew so attached to these characters and this world and this community, but I had left it for long enough, paid so little attention I forgot how much it meant to me. No real point in me posting anything here but I feel a primal need to scream into the dark endless void that is the fandom. And I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head. Sadness and almost a sense of mourning about how this show's community has faded so much. A sense of love and comfort I had forgotten this show gave me until I started to watch it all over again. Shock at the fact this thread is still going. Hope that maybe G5 will be good and bring people back, or at least bring new people in ... But mostly just the first one.

I hope I'm not bumming any of ya'll out, though I'm more than certain I probably am. I just felt a need to take a trip down memory lane and come back to this old haunt and rant. It's been so very long and I almost feel like a ghost coming here. I suppose I wish all of you luck on winning, as I doubt I'll be posting on here ever again. Just want to snoop around and see what's happening. Maybe I'll make a new account or something. Keep my identity hidden now that my current OC is ... publicly known.

Also, before I go. A couple lists, because why not, yeah?

Top 3 Favorite Ponies:

1. Sunset Shimmer (Shut up she counts she is best girl and I will throttle you if you disagree with her qualifications for a pony)

2. Starlight Glimmer

3. Rarity

Top 3 Favorite Villains:

1. The Dazzlings

2. Season 2 Chrysalis

3. Discord (Pre-reformation, obviously)

Feel free to give your own if you'd like. I'm just a drifter passing through a place she used to call home. Give me something worth responding to and maybe I will. Goodnight. I should have gone to bed hours ago.

Welcome back to the forums, Quillwing!

• Brohoof 2

@Sketchi Inktip Quillwing

I like your choices in favorite ponies and favorite villains!

There will always be people around the fandom even if it’s not a massive following anymore. People like us to keep this thread going for 20 more years, for example :derp: Like you said before, hopefully G5 will draw in a crowd so the fandom can feel like it used to, even just a little bit.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-17 at 1:45 AM, CypherHoof said:

Presumably something intended for mobile phone users, who are a bit restricted when it comes to scrolling.

Oh yes, you get it on mobile (just checked). That is kinda useful. And many web sites have it now so I guess it's a 'thing'.

Edited by Tropical Melody
  • Brohoof 2