Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Prepared Is Equestria for.....anything?

Stalliongrad

Judging by everything thats happened to Equestria i ask how prepared do you think the Nation is? Defense, Disaster Preparation, Healthcare, Pest Control? I personally think the defense budget should be increased :)

Image by Buckwieser on DA

post-7493-0-95738100-1345772832.jpg

Yeah, but they goofed countless times XD They aren't exactly prepared, but they'll always find their way out of a bind.

I guess you are right, but that's like stuff that rarely happens haha. Chrysalis and Discord were once in a lifetime (or for luna and celestia, twice in a lifetime).

I guess you are right, but that's like stuff that rarely happens haha. Chrysalis and Discord were once in a lifetime (or for luna and celestia, twice in a lifetime).

Yeah, that's very true. But it seems like if a villain comes, it walks over everybody until some force of either friendship or love trounces them. So, actually, I suppose they are very prepared XD

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't think they're very prepared, considering Equestria has often been in need of heroes possessing supernatural powers (like the Mane6/Celestia and Luna). So I'm guessing that they have a rather weak military force, that can't defend the nation properly.

~~

Edited by VOODOO

I don't think they should invest much on a real defense system or an army (The Royal Guards are useless herp derp) because the big things that happened were completely unexpected, like Nightmare Moon, Chrysallis and Discord... Happy ponies need to live happily without worries! (^u^)/

Besides, the Mane 6 are pretty overpowered when they're gathered together, so I think Celestia kinda makes use of that.

Edited by DrizzleSTAR

Well for one thing Celestia has one of the best spy networks known to ponykind. If you do anything important, anywhere -- somebody is going to send Celestia a letter about how what you did changed them. You never get away with ANYTHING. At least that is my experience.

As for being prepared when things hit the fan... Well they have heroes in ponyville. They may have heroes in other pony towns as well -- I mean who knows what the most capable pegasi in los pegasus can do? Then they have the royal guard which are far from helpless, and all of the apparatus you do not see. I mean every castle has a dungeon.

• Brohoof 1

They need to work on improving their defense. Seeing as they weren't prepared to take on a dragon or Cerberus. The only thing they have to worn them about anything is a small siren.

Also when Spike attacked the town the Wounderbolts could not even do anything. I mean why send them anyway? Why not send the guards.

The only one who seems prepared for an emergency is Pinkie Pie.

So they need to work on plans.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

Well it's certainly hard to be well prepared for anything when your ruler is an obsessive-compulsive troll who's primary personal goal is to troll her subjects and entertain herself as much as possible. B)

Posted Image

B) ...

Posted Image

:blink: ...

Posted Image

:blink: ...

B) AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

What? I always wanted a free trip to the moon! B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Actually that is one of the primary reasons silvadel is so gung-ho on trying to learn how to teleport. Not being exactly loved by celestia, the plan is (if the situation were to come up) deflect celestia's teleport and then teleport herself in the hopes that it wouldnt be noticed. I mean if you escaped you would just be pony on the run which would be bad -- so you have to escape so she doesnt think you escaped.

I like spikes line in my next segment that I am working on:

Spike: Did somepony order Pegasus Flambe?

Spike doesnt exactly love me either.

Put a normal army of guards against Nightmare Moon. She flies up and just casts spells to cut down forces by a LOT.

Put a normal army of guards against Discord. Well, just do something discord and totally own the guard's faces.

Put a normal army of guards against Chystalis... Well, fools them all of course then sends her own, super powered army in after she gets their weak point.

Honestly, guards can't take it. Leave it to Twilight and friends to take down the big guys.

I mean heck, they already took an arrow to the knee and are now stuck guarding a town. What can you expect from them?

On a serious note, just leave the army to guard from any uprising other army, some everyday troubles, etc.

Leave the big baddies to the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony and Princess Celestia herself.

Thanks to the fact that MLP:FiM was designed as a girl's show, there is no visible ways for Equestria to defend herself against any threat that was not your weekend villains. Even the biggest invasion was nothing but a bunch of shapeshifting bugs. The lack of bug repellent on Canterlot disturbs me greatly.

All you need is a battalion of well-armed anything to wreak havoc in that nation. Yes Equestria have two demigod protecting her, but the civilians are nothing but sitting duck

At least the civilians are generally smart enough to hide. I would think that an actual attacking force could have some real problems with the pegasi and the unicorns. I mean think of it this way -- your ground troops end up lifted into the air, then a pegasus brings a black cloud over you, jumps on it and you get struck by lightning. This doesnt sound like a very good day. Plus once the unicorns knew what a weapon was, you can be certain those would be the first things snatched away.

This also doesnt count possible massed pegasi induced tornados which could lift heavier things into the air.

Edited by silvadel

your ground troops end up lifted into the air

Try lifting a grown individual with solid body armor and armaments, and don't forget that soldier will try to shoot or bite the pegasi, shit will get ugly real quick

Action #1 the rifle is yanked out of the soldiers arms and safely placed out of range by a unicorn.

Action #2 the soldier is lifted into midair and flails around by the same or another unicorn -- it might take 2 to lift the weight.

Action #3 ZAP! from a pegasus cloud lightning strike

Action #4 Earth pony ties up unconscious soldier.

I maintain that while it might be easy to get a foothold -- once the ponies figured out what was going on and had a gameplan together, it would be harder to defeat a town of ponies than a town of people.

----

Oh and if you are going to travel from town to town remember that the weather will ALWAYS be adverse. Hello flash floods.

Edited by silvadel

^implying any invading force will send no one but a single soldier

You're thinking way too much about Equestrians. A sick filly is enough to send them scampering to their house, hell knows what will they do when they see what will happen when you got a shotgun to the face

Edited by Dreamwalker

It seems to me that Celestia should promote Pinkie Pie to Secretary of Defense. She seems more than qualified for the job plus who knows what else she's stashed around ponyville or maybe even Equestria!

• Brohoof 1

^implying any invading force will send no one but a single soldier

You're thinking way too much about Equestrians. A sick filly is enough to send them scampering to their house, hell knows what will they do when they see what will happen when you got a shotgun to the face

Oh whatever town is invaded first would fold like a cheap lawnchair. Establishing a foothold in equestria would be ridiculously easy. BUT as word got out to the neighboring towns resistance would stiffen.

Beyond that you have all of the natural dangers of Equestria. Lots of things could be set loose to wreak havoc... And we arent just talking about dragons. Throw a few monsters that can turn soldiers into stone... Anger an ursa major. Just marching through any of the forests etc would cause quite a morale-busting level of attrition amongst a group of soldiers.

Let's see... They got access to one of the most powerful magic, 2 alicorns in control of day and night, the former being able to teleport long distances, a powerfull defence and a powerfull spell-caster. Now if they can resort to better ways to detect infiltration instead of using telescopes...

being realistic probsbly not ready for most disaters consedering almost all of the military is in canderlot and is small if a sort of pony-apocalpse where to happen equstria would be turned into a hunger games like world where the capitol would be canterlot because of military power and what not. and the districts would be the other cities.

(i just got a fan-fic idea)