private Need for Heroes!

Cherry Blossom

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/30664-need-for-heroes/

Everything seemed like a normal day in Manehattan. Birds were chirping, friends were just talking, and little fillies were playing in the park. It all was so peaceful and the whole city was in tranquility, but not until crime spread about! Evil overminds, criminal godfathers, and evil psychopaths have went around causing chaos in in the beloved city. Banks were robbed, prisoners were freed, and innocent ponies were killed. The police tried to stand up against these eviloers, but they were outmatched by the viciousness of their evil powers! All hope had seemed to be lost until some special ponies were able to find the courage to stand up and fight! Now they are among everypony living their everyday lives, but when crime strikes again, they will answer the call for help!

It was a cool and calm afternoon in Manehattan. Octavinyl was on her way back to her apartment while listening to a music player. As she flew to her home, she remembered about her past. Octavinyl was skilled in the arts of martial arts, but she was a rather shy young mare and it seemed very ironic. Even so, a pretty mare can hide an evil plot deep within her mind.

Mod's Edit: OOC topic link fixed.

Edited by Doggess Arylett

Early morning, the sun was shining and everypony was happy, as well as other animals such as birds and dogs. Everypony was up and about, going to work or just having fun, but not one particular pony. The Demon waited in an alley, watching as ponies went by, no ponies seeing him. Many ponies had passed him, but none of them made out a perfect target. But he had finally spotted her, a bright red pony with a flowing green mane. She looked cheerful, the perfect victim that would make many ponies grieve like he had so many years ago. He began to follow her, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

The pony had arrived at the destination, and The Demon knew it was time to strike. He flew down and swooped directly over her, landing on the building she was about to go inside. He enveloped her with energy and she flew up to him onto the roof. He started to strangle her and she choked viciously, but it finally stopped. She dropped onto the floor where he had first taken her. There were no witnesses.

As much ass he hated himself for thinking the way he did. Jackson couldn't have been happier for the new chaos. With all these killers... he thought to himself, Who needs to worry about blood magic? He sat on a park bench in Manehattan town square with a small switchblade. He pressed the sharpened metal to his leg and thought of his past. Trench, his old Captain, was the only pony he ever respected. Trench was strong but never arrogant. He had a moral code that meant more to him than the law. Thinking of Trench only made Jack further understand what he already knew. Not only would Jack never be a hero, he also never cared to.

He lifted the knife to the sunlight. It was now bloody. He had cut himself while he was thinking.

Lapis Lazuli, better known as the villainous 'Dr. Photon', stood idly by, watching the city through his hidden cameras. He sighed to himself, regarding how exactly he had gotten here. It had been a normal investigation, in truth. He and his former assistant, Asteria, were exploring ancient ruins. Legend said an artifact rested within the belly of the temple. It was said to hold unimaginable power. Lapis had wanted to see if the stories were true. So, packing for a long expedition, the duo headed out. Inside, they came upon little to no resistance. Tales of traps and curses were just that. Nothing stopped them from reaching their prize. It rested upon a simple pedestal, glimmering with it's beautiful green gem. Lapis couldn't help himself. It looked so majestic, he had to put it on. It was a horrible mistake. The artifact bonded with his body, making it almost impossible to remove. Though he was only an earth pony, he became capable of casting a form of magic, but only at the cost of his sanity. He was no long the gentle stallion that Asteria had looked up to. His mind became warped, and he tried to kill his poor assistant. Luckily for the filly, she could use a spell to teleport back to her home village in an instant. With a resigned anger, he choose not to pursue her. Months later, he arrived in Manehatten and began to lay the ground work for a way to vent his insanity. He donned a brown trench coat and light purple sunglasses to give himself flair. At some point during the construction of his secret base hidden outside of Manehatten, he started calling himself 'Dr. Photon' to sound intelligent and imposing.

Back in the present, Lapis noticed strange activity within the city. He had heard there were other psychos like himself, but he had only seen petty thefts and murders. But on the screen a mare had been enveloped with energy and was dragged beyond the scope of the camera. "Curious, very curious." he mused to himself.

Jack wiped of his knife and put it back in his belt. He let himself up and started to walk down the street. He still didn't even know where he had cut himself; being a blood mage, he had cut himself so many times already that he didn't even care any more nor could he feel any of the pain.

Captain Nightfall hadn't always been a captain of the police force. And he hadn't always been like the way he is now.

When he had joined the MHPD, he was an alicorn, yes, but nothing special beyond that. Just a few months ago, he had recieved an offer for a promotion to captain. He was known for not wanting fame or money or anything like that, but he accepted the promotion. A few days afterward, he found he had a special ability. He was able to make clones of himself, but in a different way. His clones could easily communicate with him because each lone had a piece of Nightfall's soul in them.

As he walked down the street towards his apartment (He didn't like using his wings all the time.), he thought about his new spell, which he had abtly named the "soul splitting" spell, and that he hadn't told anyone about it. He knew he couldn't. He kept walking.

Jack saw Nightfall walking up the street. Their paths would soon cross. An Alicorn? He thought, I can barely sense his energy from this close. I've seen zebras with more magical energy. What insult is this? He side stepped into an ally and waited for the officer to pass.

(edited)

Octavinyl flew into her apartment building, everything seemed to be calm for now. She pulled out her keys and proceeded to unlock the door of her apartment room. After going inside and locking the door again she went into her bedroom and opened her closet. And there it was, the outfit of the beginning of The White Hawk. Octavinyl sat on her bed and had a moment to think, she could be a hero and save lives, but she could be risking her life and get dangerously injured. Octavinyl knew that she would only want to wipe evil off of the face of Equestria.

((OOC: Octavinyl isn't much of an evil character so I wish for her to be a hero. I'll just place my other OC as a villain then.))

Edited by Octavinyl
  • Brohoof 1

Clayton lay on a couch with a crazed smile on his face the words from the psychiatrist flowing past his ears like water in a stream.

Getting board, he sat up and looked at the psychiatrist. Mr Everfree, are you alright ? He asked looking up from his clip board, Have you ever lost a very close friend ? Clayton asked. Well yes, I have. So you know it feels. Yes.Well these little voices im trying to get rid of, well... I like them, I think they make me who I am and if I lost them I wouldn't be me, And right now they are telling me to do something that I probably shouldn't do so im not going to do it I am going to leave this place to prove that I have self control and to show that I dont need these stupid appointments, that's why im not going to come back tomorrow. The psychiatrist raised his eyebrows. No you are coming back you seem to have forgotten that you are in a mental hospital and you have to come back. Clayton's smile widened. Im happy you said that. He grabbed the lamp on the table next to the psychiatrist he quickly pulled off the lamp shade and smashed the bulb on the table so all that was left was the Filament and a couple pieces of glass, The psychiatrist jumped up and started pulling out a taser from a pocket in his jacket but before he could Clayton stuck the bulb into his neck, the psychiatrist fell to the floor, Clayton grabbed the key to the ring around his horn that was stopping him from using his unicorn magic, he unlocked the ring.

(OOC: I figured I will continue this in a few minutes it was getting long sooo.)

Jack saw Nightfall walking up the street. Their paths would soon cross. An Alicorn? He thought, I can barely sense his energy from this close. I've seen zebras with more magical energy. What insult is this? He side stepped into an ally and waited for the officer to pass.

Nightfall kept walking. He had his head down. He didn't like being pointed out or noticed. He stopped right before crossing some alley. He felt some... Presence. He continued slowly onwards. He knew he should probably send in a soul clone, but he didn't know whether or not it was a friend or foe...

Jackson had just finished withdrawing some money from his account at his bank when one of the first robberies happened. It should be pointed out that his name wasn't really Jackson, in fact he had no name, he was born then abandoned at the institute for fillies. Anyways back to the robbery. It started out like any other that you would see on TV, they had everypony get on the ground and they told the clerk to get the money for them. It was around the time they were starting to talk about offing some of the ponies when he realized he needed to do something. Without thinking he grabbed the nearest pipe with his magic, magic being something that he excelled at, and began to fight off all the ponies trying to rob the bank. But when one of them pulled out a pistol with his magic, his instincts kicked in and he uttered some words from a different language which sent the robbers flying back and knocking most of them unconscious, two were all that escaped the law.

From that day on he vowed to use his new found powers for good, he also spends most of his time in the library trying to find out exactly what has been happening to him.

Silver Heart was concerned for her new home. Manehattan had always been a beautiful city, the ponies were usually nice, there had been low crime rates, however all of that had changed so suddenly. There was almost no apparent reason for it, at least none that she could think of. She didn't know what she should do. She didn't have enough bits to leave the city. Silver Heart was walking home alone. A yawn escaped her lips as she trudged through back streets and alleys. Surprisingly these were sometimes safer than the main streets were at night.

(edited)

Octavinyl then immediately put on her outift, it was a pure white jumpsuit, with silver gloves and boots, a navy blue cape, and had a pure silver made helmet shaped like a hawk's head. She flew onto the rooftop of her apartment building, watching over Manehattan.

Nothing strange had happened so she went back to her apartment and took off the costume. She then went to sleep after a long day at work.

((OOC: Sorry, I have to go to bed.))

Edited by Octavinyl

"That's close enough," said jack as nightfall walked closer, "I don't know who you are, but you're too strong to be any pony normal; but at the same time, you're too weak to be an alicorn." He then noticed his police uniform. Being a former guard himself, that hit a soft spot. He raised one of his hands and pointed at the alicorn. "why do you wear that?" he asked.

Lapis noticed a peculiar unicorn talking to an alicorn in uniform on screen 6. He switched on the sound. The audio feed was terrible, but it was manageable. The unicorn was acting strange, saying something about weakness. He pressed the zoom button to get a better look. The alicorn was clearly an officer of the law. It was unusual to see such a sight, an alicorn having as menial a job as that of a police pony. Still, it intrigued him. He watched with much patience, hoping to pull some information.

Demon Opal watched as the unicorn and alicorn spoke. The unicorn was acting strange, and there might even have been something behind it that would help him profit. He watched for a few moments before turning away, losing interest. He headed toward another alley to look for another victim.

When Clayton had finished taking the straps off his wings he picked up the taser that had fallen onto the floor and walked out the door into the hall way. a guard came running over. Be reasonable, dont do anything you will regret. Said the guard Flame smiled at the pony and without a second thought he shot the pony with the taser, and kept walking down the hall dropping the taser.

At the end of the hall there was a window just big enough for him to fit through, he smashed the window and flew out.

(OOC: Clayton will be doing his own thing until he gets his powers, which wont be long.)

Edited by Flame Dancer

"That's close enough," said jack as nightfall walked closer, "I don't know who you are, but you're too strong to be any pony normal; but at the same time, you're too weak to be an alicorn." He then noticed his police uniform. Being a former guard himself, that hit a soft spot. He raised one of his hands and pointed at the alicorn. "why do you wear that?" he asked.

Nightfall was still suspicious, but the pony didn't seem too bad.

"I wear it because it's my job. One of the only ones I liked that was available. Why do you ask?"

The unicorn's question reminded Nightfall that he wasn't too strong in magic. He was a bit worse at flying, but he was an alicorn.

Jack lowered his hoof and hollered to Demon Opal as he walked away. "Don't think that I didn't notice you as well. Your energy signiture alone gives you away. It is rude to watch a conversasion without saying hello. Especially if you are so poor at hiding."

The Demon, still waiting in the alley, trotted to the two ponies once more. "What makes you think I was doing anything you suspect I was doing? Am I not allowed to walk among the streets of Manehattan like everypony else, or are you one of those ponies that discriminate at every suspicious looking pony you see?"

Lapis eyed the screen with confusion. Another alicorn had just appeared. This was definitely an usually day indeed. Two alicorns? He had no idea they walked the streets like commoners. "Well, these ponies may make excellent test subjects for my powers. I'll keep an eye on them." he murmured. The new alicorn seemed very suspicious. The way he claimed innocence bluntly hid darker intents. He could feel it in his gaze. Later, he'd approach the black colored alicorn. But, he had a feeling he'd be hard to track down.

Jack lowered his hoof again. He spoke with a powerful amount of confidence behind his voice, "Only the ones with enough energy to power a city block. Yes that must make hiding from ponies like me very difficult. Now tell me why you chose to watch me, or is it the captain you're interested in?"

"I was in the region, and I saw you ponies speaking. Now, don't tell me nopony would be interested in a bleeding unicorn being stopped by an cop," he said, nodding a greeting toward the police office. "And good day to you, sir, it's good to see there are still ponies trying to protect the law."

Edited by The Opals

Clayton Laughed Hearing the alarms from the mental hospital behind him.

when he arrived at the outskirts of Manehattan he started walking towards an old abandoned apartment building.

Once Clayton had gotten inside he flew up the stairs to the top floor and walked into a room where the wall to the room next to it had been blown out so it was bigger. He walked over too a small fridge that had nothing nothing edible inside .Sigh. He closed the fridge and lay down on his bed.

A couple hours later.

Flame awoke by his stomach growling at him. I better get some food...and some money. He thought, walking to the nearest window and flying out towards downtown Manehattan.

when he arrived he landed just outside a bank and walked in, he grabbed the first pony he saw and focused on making a small knife appear and placed it at the pony's throat.

Alright everypony listen up, I am sure you all know the drill, dont do anything stupid and you wont die. He said walking up to the counter. I would like to make a withdrawal, I think 60,000 bits should do it. He said to the mare behind the counter. Oh U-um ok I just need t-to get the key. She said slowly leaning down behind the counter, and reaching for a small button.

Clayton shot the knife at the mare cutter her throat open, and then he brought it back to the pony he had hostage, Whats your name darling ? St-Starshine. Said the pony. What a pretty name. He said. Now if you all dont want Starshine to die a rather painful death somepony here will open the vault and get me my money. He Said in a laud voice to the pony's in the room around him. a unicorn behind the counter walked over and opened the vault and pulled out a couple bags of bits, Clayton levitated the bags from the pony's hoofs and started backing out the door but the pony's horn started to glow. You wont get away with this.The pony yelled, Clayton started laughing. I TOLD YOU NOT TO BE BRAVE. He said in a hysterical voice, the bags fell to the ground and the knife disappeared, The pony shot a bolt of magic at him and he shot one back, they collided in mid air causing an explosion of energy sending Clayton and the other pony flying backwards.

(OOC: again sorry for the really long posts.)

Edited by Flame Dancer

Jack smiled, "Bleeding? Not much of a threat to me." Jack pulled out his switch blade and stuck it into his own leg, blood gushed from the new wound. "here, I'll do it myself! Here's your chance to leave before things get messy!" he pulled the knife out of his leg and put it back into his belt.