Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Equestria Divided (Grimdark)

GreyScholar

I feel like I should get in on this song stuff. And yes, I know that everyone was talking more about the whole RP Rather than Specific ponies or houses buuut...   This is totally Wind's theme. And if not wind's them...It should be the Euphorie theme. And if not the Euphorie theme...It should be the Cult's theme.

Two Steps from Hell are pretty bloody awesome. If you've listened to this one then you know what it feels like to be shot out of a cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUj9lFPU6s

• Brohoof 1

I feel like I should get in on this song stuff. And yes, I know that everyone was talking more about the whole RP Rather than Specific ponies or houses buuut...

This is totally Wind's theme. And if not wind's them...It should be the Euphorie theme. And if not the Euphorie theme...It should be the Cult's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4v-BV2OJsI

And this...Rain's theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbttZVTSJRU

(Yes I know i'm random.)

Idk if this gonna sound stupid but... what the hell is a Euphorie? It seems like something i should know. Its sounds like Euphoria but you don't mean that... do you?

Two Steps from Hell are pretty bloody awesome. If you've listened to this one then you know what it feels like to be shot out of a cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUj9lFPU6s

I have every single one of their songs....Most of them are almost one minute so I dont really listen to ALL their music but All is hell that ends well is an Awesome Song...I really like how its kinda Dubstepy.

Idk if this gonna sound stupid but... what the hell is a Euphorie? It seems like something i should know. Its sounds like Euphoria but you don't mean that... do you?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/182/8/4/equestria_divided__cult_of_laughter_forces_by_pooryorickda-d55jwqo.png

The Euphories are the really really good flyer's. They're part of the cult and use crazy Steroids and stuff to give themselves super strength and crazy poop like that.

• Brohoof 1

Do we get some kind of award for being the only RP topic to reach 1000 comments in the planning stage without starting the RP?

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 4

Do we get some kind of award for being the only RP topic to reach 1000 comments in the planning stage without starting the RP?

Basically, we'll end up with the best Celestia-banished planned roleplay to ever hit this forum, or any forum.

Why have i not taken the time to look at this before? I'm actually interested in this... but i don't think any of my characters has a good enough bio to join in.

Well, we arn't really accepting anymore players 'till the RP begins. you might be able to join then but i think we sorta have a queue...

About the song stuff, I thought that, since everyone here seems to watch it, the Avatar: Last Airbender intro would be fitting for the RP.

Picture each faction doing their stuff in the beginning bit (magic, trickery, necromancy, etc):

Moon and Star;

Earthborn;

Stormwing;

Whitegold;

Everfree;

The Cult.

(Yes, I realize it would be lengthened somewhat to fit all the houses)

Long ago, the Elements of Harmony lived together in peace.

Then, everything changed when they turned on each other and attacked.

Only the Princesses, Alicorn rulers of all Equestria could stop this.

But when the world needed them most, they vanished.

Fifteen years passed, and a new group formed - the Guardians of Harmony.

And although their intentions are great, they have a lot to do before they're ready to save anyone.

But I believe they can save the world.

*DUUUN! DUUN DUUN DUUUUUUUN!*

Yeah, it sounds kinda' like the factions formed before the princesses left. Oh well.

• Brohoof 5

About the song stuff, I thought that, since everyone here seems to watch it, the Avatar: Last Airbender intro would be fitting for the RP.

Picture each faction doing their stuff in the beginning bit (magic, trickery, necromancy, etc):

Moon and Star;

Earthborn;

Stormwing;

Whitegold;

Everfree;

The Cult.

And although their intentions are great, they have a lot to do before they're ready to save anyone.

Yeah, it sounds kinda' like the factions formed before the princesses left. Oh well.

Hahaha! Thats brilliant. Thats brings back memeorys of the show. Too bad its gone =/ Though i'm not sure if its the Guardians who are the ones who are going to be doin the savin. Mainly we are. Most of us. Unless we all join the Guardians. Then it would be them. But really i think they are just there to point us in the right direction. Be like our guides i guess.

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha! Thats brilliant. Thats brings back memeorys of the show. Too bad its gone =/ Though i'm not sure if its the Guardians who are the ones who are going to be doin the savin. Mainly we are. Most of us. Unless we all join the Guardians. Then it would be them. But really i think they are just there to point us in the right direction. Be like our guides i guess.

Who knows 'bout the Guardians.

And you do realize that you can still watch the show on Netflix, right?

Edited by TheSonicAlicorn
  • Brohoof 1

Who knows 'bout the Guardians.

And you do realize that you can still watch the show on Netflix, right?

Oh yes i Know. You can still watch it on TV and on the internet they just don't make new episodes.

But this is sorta off topic.

• Brohoof 1

Moon and Star;

Earthborn;

Stormwing;

Whitegold;

Everfree;

The Cult.

(I apologize in advance for the long image post)
post-10241-0-82040700-1354947732.jpg
post-10241-0-82040700-1354947732.jpg
post-10241-0-53892800-1358517630.jpg

What a nostalgia. I buckin love that show, but Avatar Korra is a little disappointing.

By the way, the starters will be made by the mods right?

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 2

Also, condisreing new spoiler material... there is white text after this line, so you need to embed her to read: tehnology in Eqeustria is so random. Okay, there is no way there is no at least 1900=1980's levels of it.... which is weird. i'm confused. Industrial pet dryer? I mean, that's some advance tech... in fact, the machine uses one of the most modern designs, which is like 2000's..

Edited by Spell Shock
  • Brohoof 1

With the Royal Sisters gone, how is religion handled in Equestria? I realise that Celestia and Luna weren't worshipped but quite a few people liken them to gods, and now that they've been shown to be "normal" alicorns rather than the exceptional demigods they're often portrayed as have other religions risen up?

I had an idea for House Earthborn's Pantheon of Truth, which might come into conflict with traditional buffalo rites, a bit like the differences between the Old Gods and the Septs in A Song of Ice and Fire, although I haven't written any of the specifics as I only thought about it about 5 minutes ago. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

As for romance, some of the mane 6 are less likely then other, for example applejack is 110% devoted to destroying the evergreen and taking canterlot, that she wouldn't care to or have the time for romance. Also remember that romance won't be anything major, mainly just kissing.

As for religion, the only main religion would be the cult of laughter who see the laughing mare as a god. The spirit of thruth is more of a figure of guidance for applejack and house earthbon, for the buffalo his a god. The only other one might be the evergreen liege.

And for the mods who have an oc in the house your Modding. You guys need to be careful, cuz you could give yourselves more of an advantage then others in your house. I suggest that if you want to move up in the house during the roleplay, that you discuss it with equestrian scholar first

Edited by discorded

The spirit of thruth is more of a figure of guidance for applejack and house earthbon, for the buffalo his a god. The only other one might be the evergreen liege.

I realise that, but chances are some people might base a religion around those figureheads, possibly making a pantheon of gods and goddesses to match a theme. As real life shows religion isn't neccesarily based on fact so could we not have a little leeway for extra religious figures in the Houses?

Of course I do realise that I'm not running this RP so if you guys don't want that sort of thing in there I won't bother. Just my two pennies. :)

I realise that, but chances are some people might base a religion around those figureheads, possibly making a pantheon of gods and goddesses to match a theme. As real life shows religion isn't neccesarily based on fact so could we not have a little leeway for extra religious figures in the Houses?

Of course I do realise that I'm not running this RP so if you guys don't want that sort of thing in there I won't bother. Just my two pennies. :)

It really sort of depends on which house, I guess. As far as I can tell, there's no canonical proof of religion in the show, so having religion abundant would be a bit of a stretch. In fact, as far as the show goes, they've gone out of their way to incorporate religious holidays in a nonreligious way, explaining away Hearth's Warming as a sort of Christmas/Independence Day hybrid.

Personally, I agree with Discorded. I can't really see any of the houses worshiping any sort of religion particularly. Maybe Moon and Star would have deitised the Princesses and twisted their forms into a sort of religion, as it's in the Princesses' name they fight and persecute, isn't it? The Celestial Inquisition? I dunno, but that's not really my call anyway.

I think it's safe to assume that in Whitegold, your highest priority is yourself, not any sort of religion or deity.

Edited by Descant

House Stormwing have fallen back on the traditions of old, and have probably adapted the ancient practices and beliefs. Since the government and military style is themed around the Greek Democracy. one could assume they have brought up similar gods and deities. This would mean however there would be lots of them by tradition, and frankly I don't know If I want to write an entire religion.

Well I'l just leave it then, but just for the record I wasn't trying to turn Manehatten or anywhere into the Vatican, but was presenting it as a possible option. :lol: I thought it'd be interesting to have in the RP as it not only gives the lore a bit more material but also lets us show our character's spritual (or lack of) sides, as well as adding some more RP oppurtunities between characters with similar or opposing beliefs.

• Brohoof 1

And for the mods who have an oc in the house your Modding. You guys need to be careful, cuz you could give yourselves more of an advantage then others in your house. I suggest that if you want to move up in the house during the roleplay, that you discuss it with equestrian scholar first

Well thats good cuz my OC doesn't want to move up in the House. And also if my OC were to Interact with Twilight i'm gonna try to see if there would be a third person in the conversation so its not just me talking to her. That way i won't have much of an advantage and i won't cause any problems by me just talking to myself too. And believe me, i'm not gonna give myself any special priviledges and be all cheap like that.

(edited)

Okay everyone I do not have much time today. I will speak on a few things and will break them up so that I can keep everything organized.
-------------------------------------------------------

On Bios:
Discorded, I have just been shown by a friend that in the episode “The Cutie Pox” Applebloom at one point is actually fencing with another pony. Both her and the other pony were standing on their hind legs and moving quite well.
As such, while I would still like to still limit when ponies fight on their hind legs canonly I cannot deny it completely. The reason for this is while the ponies of Equestria are anthromorphic to an extent and thus can stand on their hind legs I would still like to keep things somewhat realistic… especially since 90% of the time ponies do walk around on all four legs. You may have your pony fight on his hind legs but I ask that you speak with you moderator The-Master on how to work it out.
All in all Windslash is approved it seems, since they only problem had been your pony’s Talent as a swordmaster of sorts.

The-Master, on your OC Lady Sparrow I will say I greatly enjoy the mare you have created. Yet there is one fairly big problem… she infringes on Fluttershy way too much. The first five paragraphs of Sparrow’s backstory are fine as is but after that things start getting ouyt of control after this.
One thing I would recommend wording is this “Soon word would reach the Lady Fluttershy of the young mare, the birds as loyal to her as they are to Lilly” to “Soon word would reach the Lady Fluttershy of the young mare, the birds being more loyal to her as they are to Lilly” the reason for this is in the Everfree forest the animals will always be more loyal to Fluttershy then any other pony. Going with this is the fact that at this time no pony will ever have more of a connection to the forest as Fluttershy, and any player or moderator that tries to have it be otherwise (at this point in the roleplay) will be in error.
I ask that you change the last part of your bio to reflect this and dim down what Sparrow has done. Also I ask why you believe Fluttershy would even consider allow a pony to be left unmolested in her forest, and how it may be justified that Sparrow is able to spend years without problems from House Everfree.

Flame Dancer on your deer Rain Fell I have one thing I need you to change and that it how you have it down that Rain was taught magic from a unicorn, which would not work since deer magic follows somewhat different rules then unicorn magic. One thing I would suggest is have him taught magic by deer in the Whitetail Woods, as there would be deer there.
Also I do not feel deer would have cutie marks, I do not feel it would fit. As is only ponies have cutie marks, zebras have a tribal tattoo they are given after completing some task or trial, deer I believe if they have a mark should at all should also gain such differently than a pony.
Now onto your OC Red-blood Wind, her cutie mark seems out of place especially since when she would have likely gained it would be before the disappearance of the princesses or at the very least before the conflict and division had occurred. I would suggest something less grisly for her cutie mark then a laughing skull and skeletal wings. Apart from that there is nothing to really speak on except for the fact I would suggest a bit more detail and warn that your pony pretty much will be an antagonist and unlikely to make any friends or allies.

Elder Steve, I would suggest making things ‘less mysterious’ at least so I have more to go on and can better decide on whether or not your unicorn can be approved because as it I do not feel I can with how much you have kept ‘hidden’.
On romances with the Mane Six such is possible but unlikely and here are the reasons why:
* Rarity believes she cannot trust anyone but her sister and since a true romance needs trust to work anypony trying will find they face an uphill battle. Not only that but at this point in time Rarity would be far more likely to get a pony to think she likes them when in truth she would manipulate and use them. Which also means if she comes to your OC it is because she wants something from them, using her charms to get ponies to do what she wants.
* Applejack, as it has been said by another, will focus almost solely on running House Earthborn and will see a romance as a waste of her time. In her eyes after what happened between her and the other Six she should focus on her family. She would be a bit to serious and focused to likely consider any pony she meets as more then part of her ‘extended’ family which is House Earthborn.
* Rainbow Dash is unlikely to consider romance; partly because she thinks any pony that wanted to start such a relationship wants to go up in rank. She will focus on training and leading those in House Stormwing, as well as focus on making herself stronger and better then ever.
* Fluttershy will actually be the most likely of any of the Six to allow herself to have relationships but this would be more because of an ‘animal instinct’ to mate then because a pony has a chance to earning her affection. Fluttershy would also focus on her house as well as becoming closer to nature and the Everfree, as well creating her ‘children’ which would actually be bring new creatures and beasts into existence. Think “mother of monsters’ through a more genetics/magical means.
* Twilight Sparkle would have gone back to the way she was before meeting her friends, and without her mentor to stop her she will become absorbed in her studies and research. When not needing to make decisions in her house, or personally overseeing actions by her inquisition she will be with her books, in her study and research laboratory learning new spells as well as creating others. This understandably would count trying to perfect her spell to allow herself to become and alicorn as well as others.
* On Pinkie Pie do I even need to say anything? Pinkie Pie is physically dead, her body preserved by magic. There is the Laughing Mare but one would have to be more then insane then to try anything in that direction.

Something I would like to point out is that you do not need to join the Guardians of Harmony. I am sure some will but it is also possible to work within your OC’s own faction to help bring everything back the way it is supposed to be. This decision is for a number of reasons, one is because I do not want the five Houses and the Cult to grow empty as that would make it more tiresome for my moderators because what will they do if players move their OCs out of their faction?
There are many ways to fight for what you believe in or come to believe in and having your OC turn their back on what might be considered their home. They may realize something is wrong but instead of leaving they stay with their faction and help make it better from within. They could lead an effort that would lead the story towards one of the two endings.

I believe we should steer clear of adding religion into the roleplay for the most part. We have the Cult of Laughter, the only faction that could truly be said to worship something that could be called a deity. The House Moon and Star could in a sense be called ‘religious focused’ as they believe in the power and ‘divinity’ of the sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, even having an inquisition, but at the same time it could be said it is not. Those of the House Everfree could be said to worship nature, often much like the druids of D&D, as well as perhaps the Everfree Liege… whoever or whatever that is.
Apart from the three avoid none of the other factions could be called religious and Equestria as a whole doesn’t seem to have a religion.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

The-Master, on your OC Lady Sparrow I will say I greatly enjoy the mare you have created. Yet there is one fairly big problem… she infringes on Fluttershy way too much. The first five paragraphs of Sparrow’s backstory are fine as is but after that things start getting ouyt of control after this. One thing I would recommend wording is this “Soon word would reach the Lady Fluttershy of the young mare, the birds as loyal to her as they are to Lilly” to “Soon word would reach the Lady Fluttershy of the young mare, the birds being more loyal to her as they are to Lilly” the reason for this is in the Everfree forest the animals will always be more loyal to Fluttershy then any other pony. Going with this is the fact that at this time no pony will ever have more of a connection to the forest as Fluttershy, and any player or moderator that tries to have it be otherwise (at this point in the roleplay) will be in error. I ask that you change the last part of your bio to reflect this and dim down what Sparrow has done. Also I ask why you believe Fluttershy would even consider allow a pony to be left unmolested in her forest, and how it may be justified that Sparrow is able to spend years without problems from House Everfree.

Okie Dokie Lokie, I'll get right on it. I'm also in the process of fleshing out some of the internal structure of Earthborn in terms of rank and government. Everything should be completed by the time this RP gets going.

Flame Dancer on your deer Rain Fell I have one thing I need you to change and that it how you have it down that Rain was taught magic from a unicorn, which would not work since deer magic follows somewhat different rules then unicorn magic. One thing I would suggest is have him taught magic by deer in the Whitetail Woods, as there would be deer there. Also I do not feel deer would have cutie marks, I do not feel it would fit. As is only ponies have cutie marks, zebras have a tribal tattoo they are given after completing some task or trial, deer I believe if they have a mark should at all should also gain such differently than a pony.

I kinda wanted to have it where Rain has never met any other deer before, So I just said he has never learnt magic.

And I will start thinking about a new cutie mark for Wind.

On romances with the Mane Six such is possible but unlikely and here are the reasons why:

* On Pinkie Pie do I even need to say anything? Pinkie Pie is physically dead, her body preserved by magic. There is the Laughing Mare but one would have to be more then insane then to try anything in that direction.

Are romances with anypony allowed at all? I don't have any plans, and I really don't want to read or type anything too, er, "descriptive." I'm just curious.

If anyone tries to do anything like that with the Laughing Mare, this mod's gonna' have some FUN.