Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Acoustic Cloud

Okay so I ponified myself and I need help coming up with my mark.

My interests are:

Art

Instruments

Programming

Ultimate frisbee

Bowling

So please help me with the mark.

post-7058-0-76695200-1347176998_thumb.jpg

(Me in my aviators, i'll eventually get one of me without those on...)

post-7058-0-73769800-1347176988_thumb.jpg

(Ponified me in cliche stance.)

He isn't completely finished (mouth and mark)

but other than that he is done...

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 2

Let's dig a bit deeper than your interests.

What binds these likes together? What personality traits define who you are and simultaneously what you like?

well how about introvert, creativity, and a fun side of me? That's what i would say binds these all together in some shape or form.

well how about introvert, creativity, and a fun side of me? That's what i would say binds these all together in some shape or form.

I'm going to start with a name for the OC.

Alright, names usually have two aspects: a specific aspect, then a more generalized one. For example, Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is the union of night and day, and she reunited Celestia and Luna. Sparkle is her magic abilities, which spreads to her brother and presumably others. Sometimes its reversed (Applejack), but its a common pattern.

How about Split Focus for a name? It represents how you are interested in many diverse things, and are divided between introvert and fun. Then, for a cutie mark, a circle, divided in two, blue and red, two contrasting, creative colors that are simultaneously hot and cold, active and passive.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to start with a name for the OC.

Alright, names usually have two aspects: a specific aspect, then a more generalized one. For example, Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is the union of night and day, and she reunited Celestia and Luna. Sparkle is her magic abilities, which spreads to her brother and presumably others. Sometimes its reversed (Applejack), but its a common pattern.

How about Split Focus for a name? It represents how you are interested in many diverse things, and are divided between introvert and fun. Then, for a cutie mark, a circle, divided in two, blue and red, two contrasting, creative colors that are simultaneously hot and cold, active and passive.

Yes i like the red and blue, but i may add a note or something on the foreground just to add something i do as a skill/talent if you will.

Yes i like the red and blue, but i may add a note or something on the foreground just to add something i do as a skill/talent if yocircleu will.

Musical references are probably one of the top three cliches in a pony or their cutie mark. I would suggest against it. Mayhaps something more abstract, like making the circle a sun, to represent the light of inspiration?

Musical references are probably one of the top three cliches in a pony or their cutie mark. I would suggest against it. Mayhaps something more abstract, like making the circle a sun, to represent the light of inspiration?

well it may be cliche but it is a talent... and a sun would be cliche just because of Celestia and solar related ponies, but yes music is cliche.

well it may be cliche but it is a talent... and a sun would be cliche just because of Celestia and solar related ponies, but yes music is cliche.

http://soulspade.deviantart.com/journal/poll/

It's not the top one, but its up there. I would avoid it, but its your choice. Also, I have seen very few solar-related ponies, in fact none outside of the Solar Empire. You can choose, or I can could brainstorm a couple more ideas and get back to you.

Well if you had any other suggestions that would be awesome, i just want to finish this OC up so i actually have one, I only have RP ones.

Alright, another suggestion:

Posted Image

Split it in two, with a slight gap between both sides, one ride and one blue. Its a rune for creativity.

Alright, another suggestion:

Posted Image

Split it in two, with a slight gap between both sides, one ride and one blue. Its a rune for creativity.

well i'm diggin' the idea... but what happens when nobody knows what the mark is supposed to be... hmmmm decisions decisions decisions :ph34r:

well i'm diggin' the idea... but what happens when nobody knows what the mark is supposed to be... hmmmm decisions decisions decisions :ph34r:

Then it just looks cool on its own and if they ask then you can explain in further detail and thus have a deeper character in general.

Then it just looks cool on its own and if they ask then you can explain in further detail and thus have a deeper character in general.

how about...

post-7058-0-54704800-1347255560.jpg

That is from the lord of the rings language (Tengwar) that you see on the ring and other elven stuff.

It means idea... i thought it was also pretty similar to creativity.

how about...

post-7058-0-54704800-1347255560.jpg

That is from the lord of the rings language (Tengwar) that you see on the ring and other elven stuff.

It means idea... i thought it was also pretty similar to creativity.

The reason I went for the one I did was because of symmetry. You can do the elven one, but you'd prolly have to drop the red/blue idea.

i don't have to drop the red blue idea entirely if i do a gradient, but it might look good a solid color in the end, i don't know i'm putting some last touches to the OC to see how it will look

At the very least I got to give you a name. Beyond that, I am content with any impact I might have had on the character in the long run.

well i'm just glad you gave me the idea for the mark that was pretty good, but if you have a name suggestion i'm alright with hearing it

here is the final drawing of my ponified self.

post-7058-0-57397000-1347257354_thumb.jpg

I posted "Split Focus" earlier. Tell me if you aren't going to use it, its pretty badflank in its own right, and I might like to use it myself.

No man i like it, from hence forth he shall be known as "Split Focus" thanks man you've been a huge help! Couldn't have finished it without you... for that you deserve a brohoof!

/)

thanks again

B)

( Good luck sir. Its a cruel dark world out there, but we need to stick together in the name of bronyism and the spreading of such! Sanctus Celestia! Sanctus Luna!
  • Brohoof 1

It looks AWESOME. What program did you use ? and how long did it take you in total ? I am interested in making pictures like this but I dont really know where to start :unsure:

Thanks man!

I used Photoshop Cs6 for this particular OC

If you want i could make tutorials for youtube on Photoshop and maybe illustrator and inkscape showing how i make them?

• Brohoof 1

Well, I made a ponyfied version of me (using a template, and in chibi-form) and since I'm into music, drawing and computers, I thought of a CM with a note and a pencil crossing each other... (Check the link to see it)

As for you.... Since you're into all this stuff, and you seem to like glasses... Why not a pair of rainbow-coloured glasses? (Just a joke)

What about a pair of sunglasses with some binary coda reflecting in them?