Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Fanfics] Moving into Ponyville. How?

Xievie

Well, I'm making my background for my OC, who I will eventually make fanfictions for, but I ran into a problem.

My plan is to make my OC fit into the show without interfering what us canon in the show.

So it starts off with My Little OC being found as a filly by Princess Celestia. No parents to be found. My OC doesn't even know who us parents were, so his backstory is already a bit flat.

So, my OC has been in Canterlot Castle until Celestia realizes that she made a mistake keep ing him there. Hellas just a filly, and had to experience a proper life.

So then, he is sent into Ponyville with Twilight. Or you can say smuggled.

Now, this happens on episode 1. So this is before the Summer Sun Celebration.

--

Here's the problem. He eventually has to stay and Rivera normal pony life. Simple, right? Nope, he's a filly.

He needs to live with somebody, but who?

I won't hide where he lives like Scoutaloo.

My OC needs a pony to live with, but who? Definitely not a canon pony. Also, I can't have him go and make it known he has Royal Connection. And on the other side of that, I doubt a stranger would watch over him.

Any thoughts on what to do?

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm making my background for my OC, who I will eventually make fanfictions for, but I ran into a problem.

My plan is to make my OC fit into the show without interfering what us canon in the show......

Well if you are not wanting canon that is kind of hard to add an entirely new character to ponyville with your OC

If it had to be 100% Fanon, then make his foster home a behind the scenes kinda pony who has a the small job of making the paper sheets for ponyville's residents. (random suggestion)

another thing you could do is make him stay with a secondary or even BG character.

He could stay with cheerilee?

The mayor perhaps?

and if it were to be a BG character it should be doctor whooves, your OC would get along.

but i think the best one would to be with the mayor, she has very little background information, which allows you to have extreme flexibility with her character.

Hope this helps you in your FanFics!

B)

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 1

You might want to change the reasoning from Celestia making him leave to enjoy life more cause he is just a filly. She had apprenticed Twilight Sparkles since SHE was a filly and only had her leave to experience friendship, though I reckon ulterior motives to stopping her sister in a non violent way was her goal as well. You COULD accompany the reason as if Celestia saw how socially rejected to friends and possibly life in general Twilight was since all she did was study and learn living in the castle since she was a filly and did not want the same to happen to the OC.

~The following are suggestions and should be taken as such~

Aside from that, take the OC and have her go live with a background pony that many people associate with, make it so it's fun to read in a different perspective instead of just hanging out with the mane six all the time, maybe visits from Twilight since she'd know about the OC already.

For example, Lyra and BonBon are though to be roomates to fans. Lyra being obsessed with the mythical humans and their way of lifestyles per se and BonBon being very somewhat aggressive, though BonBon is more loosely changeable with how many people interpret her.

Octavia and Vinyl are another roomate scenario that could work if you want a more musical way to write.

Try not to use an OC family for the OC filly to live with, you're gonna want something for the reader to associate with and if it's too off from what they can understand and read from too many OC's it may divert their attention from reading in the first place.

If you are having a problem with "no stranger will take the OC in" try making it so the OC becomes associated with whomever you choose to live with. For example on this, maybe the OC helps them in a major way while Nightmare Moon comes about. Another scenario could have the ponies go home and see the filly. Here's a short write on that using Lyra and BonBon for exampled roles to fill in.

~~~

The ponies were running rampant all about, trying to flee the horrid tyrant Nightmare Moon. (OC) spots the darkened alicorn fly off, along with six other colorful ponies chasing off after her. (OC) looks around to find a decent spot to hide in for his own shelter. The trashcan over by the bench there? No, too much light from the lampost up above. Maybe the box over in the alleyway there? It looks soggy from water, that won't hold up. (OC) frantically looks around trying to find some sort of place to go, the thoughts of why Princess Celestia conveniently decided to letting (OC) reside outside of it mak-

"Hey little fella, you better find your way home!"

(OC) gets taken from his thoughts noticing a green minty pony directly talking to him.

"What are you lost? I'm pretty sure I can help you out before I go board up myself"

"We don't have time for this, lets go!" A cream colored one was talking to the minty one beside her.

"COME ON BonBon, the guy needs help, the least we can do is find it's parents."

"We don't have TIME for that!" The newly mentioned BonBon exclaims loudly.

"I'm pretty sure the fillies parents are gonna be upset if it's left out alone here..."

Mentioning of parents makes (OC) tear up a bit, the reminder of being alone putting a down trodden pressure to his mood. BonBon sees the tears on (OC) thinking the child was homesick, misinterpreting them from what they really were. She lets out a disgruntled sigh , ears flattend on her head in defeat.

"Okay Lyra, we can take the filly home with us for the night, we'll find his home tomorrow."

Lyra bumps BonBon's body lightly with a smile, walking up to (OC).

"Well you heard the stickly mare here, we'll put you up for the night, least we can do for you!"

(OC) wipes his tears roughly with his hoofs before looking up at Lyra with a smile adorned on his face. (OC) would have a home tonight with somepony willing to help. He'd figure out what to do in the morning but for now, (OC) was happy to be with company for the night.

~~~

Having the OC interact with background ponies could also be a much more interesting read here as well. Leave minimal interactions to the mane six unless it is to better to help story move along such as if the CMC were to interact and one of the mane six were to appear as a brief example of it or if you are mentioning things happening in the canon, such as Discords release or Chrysalis coming about. Background ponies to consider interaction with - Derpy, Dinky, Berry Punch, Pinchy, Cherilee, Colgate, Lyra, BonBon, Carrot Top, Doctor Whooves, Nurse Redheart, Octavia, Vinyl, Mayor Mare, Filthy Rich and others that could better fill your world with more personality and fun stuff to read.

Well hope what I had here is helpful.

Edited by Hazardus_Havard
  • Brohoof 1