Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have a problem with any of the mane 6 being THE best

That Colt

I have a significant problem with the thought of any of the mane 6 being the best pony out of what that pony is capable of. I like them being very great in a feild just not THE best. Sonic rainboom has turned me against rainbow dash. I have no problem with anyone outside the mane 6 however. Like celestia. Does any else share these views with me, or am I... Alone...

Some people don't seem to know what I'm talking about, I'm not talking about one of them being the best pony, but the pony's skills being the best, for instance the supposed fact that rainbow dash is the fastest Pegasus ever, I like her being fast but not the fastest and unbeatable.

Edited by That Colt

Well, to be fair to the Mane Six they are the bearers of HARMONY ITSELF so it's not a stretch to assume that they're going to be better than your average pony, for lack of a better way to describe it. Fluttershy has that near supernatural ability with animals, Pinkie is... Pinkie, Twilight's magic is beyond any average unicorns, Rainbow can pull off the by all accounts legendary Sonic Rainboom. Rarity and Applejack seem to be the most mundane of the Mane Six, but even then they're both highly skilled and savvy in their fields.

So no, I don't share these views with you. But I get why you'd want your heroines to be more normal than they actually are. We sympathize with the everyday mare.

• Brohoof 5

i kinda agree but you need to realize that there the mane 6 and the show is about them and there lessons about friendship so you kind have to make them seem that way. also everyponie has something that they excel in which is the whole point of cutiemarks

the sonic rainboom was made out to be something rare rather then legendary and the sonic boom itself isn't special and other ponies can do it.

its ahow based for kids, the main characters supporse to be the best, plus, they were born to be the best and to use the deadliest weapon in equestria (the elements of harmony), they are the chosen ponys

I'm not really sure they ARE the best at what they do, though. They're very good, yes, but not the absolute best.

Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom was impressive, but not enough to get her into the Wonderbolts. So we might assume there are better fliers out there than her, or that they're capable of feats she simply can't do yet. She's gotten into bad crashes and messed up plenty of times; what she's got in agility, she lacks in finesse and form.

And Twilight Sparkle is still in training. Her spells have failed to work before, and they take a lot out of her to do. Meanwhile Trixie barely broke a sweat during her show. And she often has to look up the spells she performs, which either means she hasn't tried them yet or still hasn't mastered many of them.

I could pretty much go on with everyone else in the Mane Six. Pinkie Pie's TOO proactive when it comes to making friends, and that obviously doesn't work well with everyone. Applejack didn't win the rodeo she went to, so obviously someone out there's doing better than she is. Fluttershy wasn't able to get the animals in the Canterlot garden to like her, so her sway over animals isn't all-reaching. And Rarity might be a very gifted fashionista, but she's not the only one out there and is not well-known in the field, apparently.

Plus they've all obviously got some growing up to do, which I see as a major inhibition in being considered "the best". Just my thoughts on the subject.

I have no problem with anyone outside the mane 6 however. Like celestia

Aww yeh, fellow Celestia fan! *high five* Edited by Castoro Chiaro
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly love Zecora the most, I think she could use some more time, but I understand that the show is mainly about Twilight, and the other Mane 6, so I don't get too off about it.

I also really love Cheerilee...

Lol edited because of jacked up english

Edited by DiscordianBeats

They aren't necessarily the best

Dash isn't in the wonderbolts yet, we can debate all we want about why, but she isn't there yet

Fluttershy is the best with animals that we've seen, but we haven't seen anyone else with her talent

Same with pinkie

It's clear rarity is getting to be better known but she still has to impress high up people

Twilight is probably the best with magic or at least close, but again the only other present day person who specializes in magic is trixie and it should be fairly obvious that twilight dwarfs her ability

So they're all talented, but I wouldn't call them the best

As if any of the Background Ponies had any canon development. Lyra apparently lived in Canterlot, then she moved to Ponyville, but is friends with Cadance (or Chrysalis chose her herself to be a bridemaid?) She sits on benches weirdly too, but that's all we know about her. Thus, I have a huge problem with people choosing BG ponies as their canon favorites, because their personalities are the ones the fandom gave them, with possibly the exception of Derpy. Vinyl Scratch appeared for two scenes and yet she's one of the most fan-appreciated ponies. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Even characters who actually do stuff don't nearly have enough development to justify liking them more than any of the mane 6. Yes, none of the mane 6 are perfect, but that's the point. They're realistically flawed. For example, Rainbow Dash is very cocky, but that just makes her more relateable and gives her room to grow and develop.

Seriously, I remember thinking Twilight was TOO perfect at first (a Mary-Sue, if you will) but after watching episodes like Lesson Zero and It's About Time and rewatching season 1 stuff, I saw that she wasn't perfect, and a very relateable pony, and she instantly skyrocketed to become my number 2 favorite pony spot. I love the characters' realistic flaws, and think it sets it apart from more shows today.

Edited by Rarietty

Applejack is constantly called a "background pony" because she's...usually in the background, or just saying one line and shutting up for the rest of the episode. They cut out a scene in MMMystery on the FRiendship Express when she confessed she took a bite of the cake. I'd say she needs more development so she can at least catch up with the others being best pony.

I'd still say best pony (IMO) is Applejack. She works hard but gets no credit, she is friendly but nopony here sees that. Poor AJ...:(

• Brohoof 3

I would submit that the only reason you see the mane 6 as being 'best' is because they are all you see. I'm sure that Colgate, Lyra, Bon-Bon, Vinyl, Octavia, Derpy, the Mayor, etc. are all just as good at whatever it is that they do.

Your an individual, and you can believe whoever is best pony overall in your mind. But like what's been pointed out fourteen times already, you're gonna have a hard time trying to avoid others who think one of them is the best, because, like it or not, they're the main characters. They have the most character depth, they have the most screen time, they have the most fans, and they thusly have the most art, stories and media made about them.

• Brohoof 1

I think they are portrayed more then many characters, and receive the most back story, and most depth. They are the most popular, becuase they have the most information told about them, thus we know everything about their personality, making it easier to put them into art, stories, and such.