Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Jason Bourne Equestrian OOC Thread

JeanHover

Awesome idea, right?

Yes, this is based off of The Bourne Identity (first movie in the trilogy) in case you haven't realized. If you haven't watched it, here is a basic synopsis of the beginning (we can work from there):

Jason Bourne wakes up in a ship without any memory of who he is or why he is there. The fishermen on the ship help him get back to land and find out who he is. A random girl eventually gets dragged along with him and helps him on his journey. Meanwhile, a guy in the CIA is hunting him down because he failed an assassination mission. Bourne eventually finds out that he was an assassin that was on a mission to kill a guy, but he didn't do it because he saw the guy's children around him.

That is all I want to be followed. At the very beginning, however, he will not wake up on a ship as that would take more characters and crap. Keeping it simple.

Rules:

1. Unicorns can only use magic to levitate things

2. Pegasi can only fly short distances, not from town to town. The most at a time a Pegasus can fly is about a mile.

3. This RP is modern tech. That means that we have everything we have today, like guns and telephones.

4. Don't be stupid. I know this is kinda vague, but this basically means that you can't just magically know where a enemy is and avoid them or something lies that. Be realistic and don't have your OC just walk away from an obviously foreshadowed event.

5. A character has control over any characters who are not played by someone and are in some way connected glutinous them. For example, the CIA guy can control all CIA workers accept for e assassin who is played by anther person.

Now I'll get to joining.

So, first of all, I need good roleplayers. By good roleplayers I mean you have correct grammar and all that. If you are a good writer, please join. It would be more fun for everypony if there wasn't someone who always had grammar mistakes and was rather hard to understand.

If it's ok, please check your grammar and all that before posting. I'm sorry but it just really annoys me and many others at times. I don't mind if you add a little mph to your writing for the sake of jest, such as extending the word "buuut" and stuff like that.

Next thing I need are said good roleplayers to be different characters. I am going to be Jason Bourne.

(Or Whirl Wake, my OC) Here is the list so far:

Antagonist/CIA Guy Who Is Hunting Down Bourne = Luna Opal - Iron Hammer

Bourne = Me - Whirl Wake

Random Mare Who Somehow Gets Caught Up In Bourne = Questio (OC Pending)

Other Assassin (Basically the person who works for the CIA guy and does all the shooting) = Sociopony - Permafrost

If you think any more characters are essential, tell me in your reply. Thanks!

Edited by Jverne

I might be able to get into this! It doesn't look like it will have too many people playing at once, so it shouldn't go too fast. Will there be a rule about rapid posting, such as avoiding posting until two people have posted before you or something like that? My biggest concern is that it's not unusual for me to not post for three days or so. I'm a busy pony... :blush:

If I did join, I'd want to be the random mare. What do you want her to be like? I might be able to make an OC for her, unless someone else already has one they would like to use for the role.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if it would work here, but my role playing style tends to be very silly. I almost always end up taking the comic relief parts. :P

Edited by Questio

I might be able to get into this! It doesn't look like it will have too many people playing at once, so it shouldn't go too fast. Will there be a rule about rapid posting, such as avoiding posting until two people have posted before you or something like that? My biggest concern is that it's not unusual for me to not post for three days or so. I'm a busy pony... :blush:

If I did join, I'd want to be the random mare. What do you want her to be like? I might be able to make an OC for her, unless someone else already has one they would like to use for the role.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if it would work here, but my role playing style tends to be very silly. I almost always end up taking the comic relief parts. :P

I would love for you to join! I don't care about your roleplaying style, I just care about, well, understanding you when you write.

No, there will not be a rapid posting rule, but I am fine with a delay between posts. I just really want to make this a reality. I just thought up of it and knew that it would be awesome if I could get enough people in.

The OC does not matter. Just put it up and I will add you to the list.

• Brohoof 1

The OC does not matter. Just put it up and I will add you to the list.

I'll get started on one right away! I just need some sleep first... :blush:

...Unless someone else comes along first and they seem suitable for the role, of course. :D

I'll get started on one right away! I just need some sleep first... :blush:

...Unless someone else comes along first and they seem suitable for the role, of course. :D

Alright! Thanks for joining! I will hold the spot for you and will make sure to ask you before I let anyone else do it. G'night!

Jv

• Brohoof 1

Why can't we have poor grammar? It'd be like the text equivalent to the movies shaky-as-all-hell cameras and god-awful angles :P

After looking at your avatar and signature you are officially the scariest person on the forums I have ever seen.

Anyway, it just doesn't look nice. If some character says "lol bourne just jumped of a buildng" it would look stupid and ruin the feel of the story.

Why did you only come here to express how you didn't like the way the movies were filmed? I was kinda hoping when I saw that someone replied it was a person joining the roleplay.

We need people to post half in jest on threads, it's just part of the natural order! Like what I'm doing now, for example. Buuut, I won't be so much of a jerk that I don't sign up for a part. I'll be the primary antagonist, just give me the day to prepare an OC for the part.

Also, my grammar is a bit wordy, I tend to use a lot of independent clauses. Be prepared for that.

We need people to post half in jest on threads, it's just part of the natural order! Like what I'm doing now, for example. Buuut, I won't be so much of a jerk that I don't sign up for a part. I'll be the primary antagonist, just give me the day to prepare an OC for the part.

Also, my grammar is a bit wordy, I tend to use a lot of independent clauses. Be prepared for that.

Yeah, yeah. That's fine. I basically just meant essential grammar, like putting sentences together right and stuff. I don't mind if you add some mph to your writing for the sake of jest. Thanks for joining!

Seems interesting. I'll sign up for the CIA guy who's trying to chase Bourne down.

My OC: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/permafrost-r1534

So, this set in Equestria or real-world US?

That parts already taken. Would you like to be the police ish person who works for the CIA guy? You'll get a lot of action that way.

I will be set mainly in Canterlot, but like the movie, I will go to different places.

Edited by Jverne

That parts already taken. Would you like to be the police ish person who works for the CIA guy? You'll get a lot of action that way.

I will be set mainly in Canterlot, but like the movie, I will go to different places.

No problem. Although, in the movies the character you're talking about usually has no lines at all; he's usually just one of those highly trained assassins that is sent to kill Bourne but ends up getting killed himself. This is an RP, though, so I assume that my character will be interacting a lot verbally as well.

No problem. Although, in the movies the character you're talking about usually has no lines at all; he's usually just one of those highly trained assassins that is sent to kill Bourne but ends up getting killed himself. This is an RP, though, so I assume that my character will be interacting a lot verbally as well.

Yeah. Beyond what I put in the first post, anything can be different. The tech in this RP will be real world modern, so you will have guns and phones and stuff to work with. Edited by Jverne

Yeah. Beyond what I put in the first post, anything can be different. The tech in this RP will be real world modern, so you will have guns and phones and stuff to work with.

No magic, right? So unicorns can't cast magic, but can pegasi still fly and all that? I think if you want this RP to by strictly modern tech you might want to cancel out those elements as well.

No magic, right? So unicorns can't cast magic, but can pegasi still fly and all that? I think if you want this RP to by strictly modern tech you might want to cancel out those elements as well.

True... How about you can only use magic to levitate things and pegasi can only fly short distances, but not from a town to another? Edited by Jverne

True... How about you can only use magic to levitate things and pegasi can only fly short distances, but not from a town to another?

Sounds good to me. Oh, and you'll probably also need a backstory for this, unless you're planning to follow the movie's script step by step which would make the RP no fun.

I'd like to join, but could you tell me what roll I should play? I'll create an OC who fits to the job once you tell me. I won't post repeatedly, but now and then.

Since other OCs are pending, I'll just give you one of their spots. Would you like to be the head CIA guy? Thanks for joining. I can't wait to start this!

Are there any other role's available. If there are I'd like to join. I am a very good at RP and this idea does sound intersting. Please reply.

Sure, you can take the spot of the mare that gets caught up on Bourne if you want. I want to start soon and that person hasnt made an OC yet.

Since other OCs are pending, I'll just give you one of their spots. Would you like to be the head CIA guy? Thanks for joining. I can't wait to start this!

CIA it is. Let me take a few moments to make somepony.

There, I created a boss, and it only took me 5 minutes :D His name is Iron Hammer:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/iron-hammer-r1559