Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ask any pony on a date!

My little pwny

"I believe I understand what you are saying. Though I am experienced in the world there is always more to learn, is there not?" Steelhide ended this with a laugh to lighten the mood a bit. "Now I believe we have a practice bout to commence then, eh?" Steelhide rolled his wings and neck in place, loosening his muscles a little and letting them relax. Steelhide was always taught that it was better to be relaxed in a fight then rigid and stiff. The constant strain added to the actual combat of remaining stiff and rigid would fatigue a soldier more quickly then if they would have been more relaxed. Luckily combat was something Steelhide was a bit of a natural in especially with his chosen weapons.

(gobble gobble)

(Happy Turkey Day!)

Comet Tail, on 08 Nov 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

A wave of excitement runs over me, and only lasts a brief moment before melting into nervousness; "Oh! I, uh... Uhm... Well, do you think you can get ready in an hour? Not sure how much packing we'll need to do." I anxiously put one hoof over the other, as my ears go flat against my head again, "I mean, kinda short notice, and if you don't want to..." Wait... A major observatory in Canterlot! Don't let this slip! C'mon, Comet, live a little! I suddenly perk up, confidence immediately enters my voice; "I mean, yeah! I can be ready in an hour if you can! So if you're good, I am! I can just run back, grab a few essentials then meet you at the station..."

Then, the adventurous spirit melts to make way for curiosity; "And why were you confused to get an answer from a secretary?"

"(Oh, and cool mail system!)" I sneak in a quick aside to Spike.

“Celestia’s never had a secretary before. Or, if she had…. well… She’s always answered me personally…” Twilight frowns a little in thought, before shaking her head. Spike gives you a quick thumbs up, as Twilight adds, “You’d better get a move on. The trains do not like to be held up!” She offers you a smile, waiting for some privacy to pack.

Answers her... Personally!? Who am I getting in the train with!? This could be! - no, no, friend first, VIP second. You're NOT just going to know her for perks of knowing someone influential and important. She's way into astronomy, after all, and on a personal level, that's far more important than any office! "Righto, well, see ya at the station, then!" I head out with a skip in my step, galloping through the town as I head back home. The excitement is energizing like a gallon of concentrated coffee. I can't remember the last time I've been so excited about anything. This could be my big chance to prove myself to the scientific and astronomical community, too! Thoughts of anxiety and nervousness poke at the edges of my mind, but melt away to excitement and ambition. I'm gonna make stuff happen!

However, unlike my nervousness, the cold does not melt away, and by the time I get to my house; I'm sure to pack warm! Scarf, saddlebags, my current book on astronomy (Gravity's Fatal Attraction: Black Holes in the Universe)... I pause at feeling the book's textbook-like cover and pages. She's going to think it's so nerdy that I read this for fun. This will be her next relationship compatibility test: How does she respond to this being my book of choice? I grin widely, and continue packing; sweater, jacket, wallet, another bag of bits, pencil, slide rule, pen and paper, a snack, canteen, cocoa mix, toiletries... I mentally double-check my checklist, don the jacket, socks and boots and warm headgear along with the scarf, and after seeing off my some-what-concerned parents, head to the station with the loaded saddlebags, looking for anywhere that might offer a quick hot cocoa on the way...

With a flash, the purple alicorn teleported right in front of you, delivering one big hug. And then one big slap. “Don’t you ever, ever, do that to me again!” She hugs you again before backing off, smiling bashfully. Brushing some mane behind her ear so she can tuck her head to hide her blush, she adds, “You look untouched by time. The… umm… road treat you well?” You can tell by her face that she’s having a bit of a hard time dealing with her emotions. Reguardless, she sits you down at the table and magics in some light food. Not exactly a berry buffet, or a similar ornery dinner, but enough. Sitting across from you, she leans forward on her elbows to listen. Despite the wings, and the glittering crown sitting in the corner practically unworn, she seems the same. Sure, powerful princess, sure wings, but same spark in her eyes. Same affectionate presence… And yes, the same semi-uncertain, worried stare.

Pwny rarely lost control of his emotions, in fact, of the entire 2 years he was gone, he had only broken down once in tears.   This was evidence to himself that deep down behind the professional persona Pwny put up, there was a sensitive, insecure stallion.

Just stunned at the unexpected turn of events, Pwny couldn't help but smile, and let one small tear drop down.  He couldn't even feel the slap that Twilight had given him, especially after they hugged.  When Twilight exclaimed that he should never, ever do something like this again, Pwny couldn't help but agree with her.  He did what had to be done... but was it worth the price?

Pwny tried hard to keep his overwhelming flood of emotions at bay when he said, "Twilight...  It's... how? ... " He was at a loss for words since he was trying to express three ideas at once. "There's so much I want to say right now. I don't know where to start."

As Twilight was listening, she was nibbeling on the food she teleported in, probably trying to conceal her emotions as well.  She listened intently to what little Pwny had to say, but in reality this whole moment was a blur to both parties.  

"I never forgot you during my travels... You certainly have been doing well for yourself lately.." said Pwny, while looking around at the room.  "Before I tell you my report, can you tell me what you've been up to since I've been gone?"

Scilight Paitanibu, on 27 Nov 2014 - 8:00 PM, said:

@Nightwing

"Well, Twilight, I am many things!" Replied Scilight cheerfully. "I am what you could call intelligent. I enjoy science. THere's many things about me that do not exist in different ponies, because I am me!" Scilight replied again, but slightly more (Zestily?). He twirled Twilight around, and he attempted to keep her up, and succeeded. He seemed to have no trouble compared to Twilight. I wonder why? Welp, I am just an omniscient roleplay narrator, so I guess I shouldn't know. Anyway, Scilight then said "Twilight, I am an earth pony of course. My interests are in the place of science, and engineering usually!"

“That’s not a lot to go off, if we’re comparing interests,” she said with a laugh, “Surely you must relax. And science, even engineering, are broad fields. Is there no limit to the scope of your ambition, or do you choose to specialize in a particular segment of those topics?”

Caroling Chikorita, on 27 Nov 2014 - 8:06 PM, said:

Beta laughs at being called this. "Why yes, I am Beta, the Knight of Frosting. I shall save you my princess from the evil veggie monster using my frosting abilities." He pretends to fight a monster. "Oh yes, I've saved you my princess of fun and parties, how about a nice dance?" He holds out his hoof for Pinkie to take.

“Oh, my good Sir Knight, however shalt I repay? I am but a poor princess who values the thrill of the dance. Oh, but surely I will dance with you, for there art no pony more worthy,” she giggles, taking your hoof. However, when you go to lead her out, she grabs your hoof and drags you onto the dance floor. The tune set to lively, though the floor was mostly devoid of the now-stuffed tasters, she spins around to face you and you know it’s time to go.

Count Paradox, on 27 Nov 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

Noticing that Puff looked a bit down now, Dox did his best to manuver and hug her, even though he was still practically trapped in her fur. "Hey, its ok, Puff, don't be sad..." He looked around, then back at Ponyville. "I think we should head back and see if Twilight could help us out here... I'm sure you don't want me in your fur forever."

She buzzes, pulling out a sign from her pocket dimension. You’re beginning to suspect that the signs may just magically create themselves when she needs to talk. “You can’t just climb out?” The sign, combined with her still-droopy demeanor, carried the weight of her sadness.

The Shadow Stallion, on 27 Nov 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

"I believe I understand what you are saying. Though I am experienced in the world there is always more to learn, is there not?" Steelhide ended this with a laugh to lighten the mood a bit. "Now I believe we have a practice bout to commence then, eh?" Steelhide rolled his wings and neck in place, loosening his muscles a little and letting them relax. Steelhide was always taught that it was better to be relaxed in a fight then rigid and stiff. The constant strain added to the actual combat of remaining stiff and rigid would fatigue a soldier more quickly then if they would have been more relaxed. Luckily combat was something Steelhide was a bit of a natural in especially with his chosen weapons.

Just as the would-be fight was about to start, Luna walked in. Fully dressed in battle armor and a small smile, she dragged a double-edge one-and-a-half-hoofed sword off the wall, “Peace, Weaponmaster. Allow me.”

The sightless, pupilless, but vibrantly colored eyes of Night blinked once, before nodding and stepping back. “They say that warriors kiss by crossing blades…. good luck mate,” he whispers to you, before retreating behind a weapons rack.

Comet Tail, on 03 Dec 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

(gobble gobble)

Answers her... Personally!? Who am I getting in the train with!? This could be! - no, no, friend first, VIP second. You're NOT just going to know her for perks of knowing someone influential and important. She's way into astronomy, after all, and on a personal level, that's far more important than any office! "Righto, well, see ya at the station, then!" I head out with a skip in my step, galloping through the town as I head back home. The excitement is energizing like a gallon of concentrated coffee. I can't remember the last time I've been so excited about anything. This could be my big chance to prove myself to the scientific and astronomical community, too! Thoughts of anxiety and nervousness poke at the edges of my mind, but melt away to excitement and ambition. I'm gonna make stuff happen!

However, unlike my nervousness, the cold does not melt away, and by the time I get to my house; I'm sure to pack warm! Scarf, saddlebags, my current book on astronomy (Gravity's Fatal Attraction: Black Holes in the Universe)... I pause at feeling the book's textbook-like cover and pages. She's going to think it's so nerdy that I read this for fun. This will be her next relationship compatibility test: How does she respond to this being my book of choice? I grin widely, and continue packing; sweater, jacket, wallet, another bag of bits, pencil, slide rule, pen and paper, a snack, canteen, cocoa mix, toiletries... I mentally double-check my checklist, don the jacket, socks and boots and warm headgear along with the scarf, and after seeing off my some-what-concerned parents, head to the station with the loaded saddlebags, looking for anywhere that might offer a quick hot cocoa on the way...

You arrive at the station, cocoa in hoof, while standing in the baggage check line. You spot Twilight a few ponies down magically dragging 2 suitcases behind her while carrying a saddlebag so obviously stuffed with book and pencils that it’s evidence would spill out from time to time. In the same moment, she levitated a book in front of her, reading it. It was entitled ‘Physics and Magic: The How-To Guide of Magic in Space.” The thing was practically as thick as her hoof, and seemed to absorb the majority of her attention. Whatever wasn’t focoused on mataining the magical field picking up her pencils, that is.

My little pwny, on 03 Dec 2014 - 5:55 PM, said:

Pwny rarely lost control of his emotions, in fact, of the entire 2 years he was gone, he had only broken down once in tears.   This was evidence to himself that deep down behind the professional persona Pwny put up, there was a sensitive, insecure stallion.

Just stunned at the unexpected turn of events, Pwny couldn't help but smile, and let one small tear drop down.  He couldn't even feel the slap that Twilight had given him, especially after they hugged.  When Twilight exclaimed that he should never, ever do something like this again, Pwny couldn't help but agree with her.  He did what had to be done... but was it worth the price?

Pwny tried hard to keep his overwhelming flood of emotions at bay when he said, "Twilight...  It's... how? ... " He was at a loss for words since he was trying to express three ideas at once. "There's so much I want to say right now. I don't know where to start."

As Twilight was listening, she was nibbeling on the food she teleported in, probably trying to conceal her emotions as well.  She listened intently to what little Pwny had to say, but in reality this whole moment was a blur to both parties.  

"I never forgot you during my travels... You certainly have been doing well for yourself lately.." said Pwny, while looking around at the room.  "Before I tell you my report, can you tell me what you've been up to since I've been gone?"

She whistles, “Pwny, it’s been so long…. After Cadence’ and Shinning’s wedding, we raised security on the kingdom… but….” She waves a hoof, “We’ve befriended Discord, defended the Crystal Empire against it’s ancient shadow emperor, I became an Alicorn,” she goes down the list hesitantly, face altering with the different events from distaste with Discord, to a mixed feeling with her alicornship, “We were invaded by Lord Tirec, an ancient Centaur-like entity who hates ponies. He blew up the treehouse, and my… uhh, my books.” She bites her lip, “We defeated him and, in an almost inexplicable fashion, the magic of friendship erected the Ponyville Crystal Treehouse. You have to see it Pwny. It’s incredible.”

“Oh, my good Sir Knight, however shalt I repay? I am but a poor princess who values the thrill of the dance. Oh, but surely I will dance with you, for there art no pony more worthy,” she giggles, taking your hoof. However, when you go to lead her out, she grabs your hoof and drags you onto the dance floor. The tune set to lively, though the floor was mostly devoid of the now-stuffed tasters, she spins around to face you and you know it’s time to go.
Beta has a little trouble keeping up with Pinkie at first but gets the hang of it pretty fast. He manages to keep Pinkie in line and do moves that perfectly synced with hers. "Princess Pie, how do you think my lovely dancing is going right now my fair maiden?"

Steelhide was a bit taken aback that Luna had taken the place of Dusk to fight him. He was momentarily conflicted as well given that it wasn't his norm to fight members of the opposite gender. However, he did have respect for all warriors whether they be lowly commoner to the mightiest of kings or in this case princess. Luna's words rang within Steelhide's ears.

Steelhide gave his sword a few short swings. "I wish you luck as well, lady Luna." Steelhide said. He relaxed his stance, but was ready to act in a moment's notice. He knew that chances are Luna expected him to follow her and then she would strike at him. It was a basic trap, but most rash ponies would have taken the bait and just charged right in. He glanced at Dusk before moving to the other side of the weapon rack, intending to circle around and behind Luna as to not be ambushed. Though he was still conscious. In a fight one could never be too certain of an enemy's movements unless one saw the actual enemy. He rounded the other side of the weapon rack cautiously, keeping his guard up and his eyes constantly moving to detect any flicker of movement.

He shook his head. "Heheh, uh, no... I'm actually tangled up good here... But... it seems as though staying like this might make you feel better for a while. Is that what you would like, Fluff? I'll promise to stay for a bit if you want." He nuzzled her cheeck gently. "Hey, cheer up. Please? For me?"

HopeTheWanderer, on 19 Nov 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

Hope blushed slightly and took a small bite of his piece. "So, how did you end up here in Ponyville?" He asked. Hope couldn't help but be a little curious of where she came from. After all, few knew of Zecora's past. What if it was all too personal?

"Forgive me, I...don't mean to pry."

“It is a long story, particularly dull. Few have the patience to learn of my home. I will ask that you confirm your wish of this tale, for its length is encompasses all the details.” (Translation: How badly do you want me to make something up in poems? Because this could be exciting, but also particularly challenging. I’m not exactly Homer, but I’ll do my best ;) )

(You don't have to make up stuff in poems if you don't want to, or at least not all the time :) )

"Few have the honor of hearing a zebra's tales. I would also...like to get to know more about you. " He replied, reaching over to nuzzle Zecora briefly. "I also know very little about the zebra homeland and I would like to broaden my knowledge of it."

@Nightwing

"I choose, really, to work in every topic of science and engineering.  I specialize more in a few than others, but I do all." Scilight replied gleefully.  It soon became obvious to him that Twilight knew he was tense, so he responded; "Also, I am not very relaxed, since I am dancing and visiting with the one pony who I absolutely love!" Scilight replied.  He actually did love Twilight, this just wasn't a misinterpreted crush.

Comet Tail, on 03 Dec 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

(gobble gobble)

You arrive at the station, cocoa in hoof, while standing in the baggage check line. You spot Twilight a few ponies down magically dragging 2 suitcases behind her while carrying a saddlebag so obviously stuffed with book and pencils that it’s evidence would spill out from time to time. In the same moment, she levitated a book in front of her, reading it. It was entitled ‘Physics and Magic: The How-To Guide of Magic in Space.” The thing was practically as thick as her hoof, and seemed to absorb the majority of her attention. Whatever wasn’t focoused on mataining the magical field picking up her pencils, that is.

Task accomplished: Hot Cocoa times three acquired. Now for the final phase of the operation:

I take a sip of my own, then levitate over a second cup I had bought to just in front of her (careful to not have her crash into it in her focus) as I call; "Hey, there." I pause to smile and lift the second cup up to her in an offering gesture. "I got this for you. And one for Spike. Buuut I guess he's not coming? Oh, and I think I've got some extra room in my saddlebags if you need it for all that stationery..."

The initial music dims down a bit just as Applejack slides in next to you. The curtains separate to show the whole Pony Tones (including Fluttershy) standing before the audience. Fluttershy does look nervous up there, but not quite as bad as… say…. her debut. Regardless, Big Mac gives the beginning notes and the Pony Tones begin to sing.

Veiled Spike looks to her right finding Applejack sitting next to her. Veil said, "Hey Applejack! glad you found me and decide to watch the show with me!" Veil smiles a heavy grin and then looks at the stage to watch the rest of the show while eating the last bite of the first hot dog and took a sip of her own soda. 

The Head Cannon Heavy Update.

Caroling Chikorita, on 10 Dec 2014 - 8:37 PM, said:

Beta has a little trouble keeping up with Pinkie at first but gets the hang of it pretty fast. He manages to keep Pinkie in line and do moves that perfectly synced with hers. "Princess Pie, how do you think my lovely dancing is going right now my fair maiden?"

Your two-step is fine, but how is your swing?” she challenges, as the song changes. And so,with the new song camea new beat and a new dance. All eyes are on the floor as Pinkie get ready for the next song, bouncing to the beat.

The Shadow Stallion, on 10 Dec 2014 - 9:04 PM, said:

Steelhide was a bit taken aback that Luna had taken the place of Dusk to fight him. He was momentarily conflicted as well given that it wasn't his norm to fight members of the opposite gender. However, he did have respect for all warriors whether they be lowly commoner to the mightiest of kings or in this case princess. Luna's words rang within Steelhide's ears.

Steelhide gave his sword a few short swings. "I wish you luck as well, lady Luna." Steelhide said. He relaxed his stance, but was ready to act in a moment's notice. He knew that chances are Luna expected him to follow her and then she would strike at him. It was a basic trap, but most rash ponies would have taken the bait and just charged right in. He glanced at Dusk before moving to the other side of the weapon rack, intending to circle around and behind Luna as to not be ambushed. Though he was still conscious. In a fight one could never be too certain of an enemy's movements unless one saw the actual enemy. He rounded the other side of the weapon rack cautiously, keeping his guard up and his eyes constantly moving to detect any flicker of movement.

(You’re funny.It was Dusk who wished you luck, and Duskwho retreated back there to watch. Welp, here goes nothing)

The two of you circle around the rack for a bit, before Luna teleports and knocks you back onto the training floor. The magic activates the floor’s perimeter seal, sealing everything within the broad, circular training arena inside of that area. The weapons racks and other obstacles out of the way, you two are free for some uninterrupted dueling.

Count Paradox, on 10 Dec 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

He shook his head. "Heheh, uh, no... I'm actually tangled up good here... But... it seems as though staying like this might make you feel better for a while. Is that what you would like, Fluff? I'll promise to stay for a bit if you want." He nuzzled her cheeck gently. "Hey, cheer up. Please? For me?"

She jumps happily and bounds home. The treehouse seems quiet as she drags you down stairs for snuggles. Somehow hugging you around her fluff, she hums quietly to herself.

HopeTheWanderer, on 11 Dec 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

(You don't have to make up stuff in poems if you don't want to, or at least not all the time )

"Few have the honor of hearing a zebra's tales. I would also...like to get to know more about you. " He replied, reaching over to nuzzle Zecora briefly. "I also know very little about the zebra homeland and I would like to broaden my knowledge of it."

“I’m far far away

From my home on this day

Where Zebras out number

Ponies at play.

The mornings are hot,

The night is yet cold

Water seems forever draught,

and food forever old.

The trails between towns

Are small, treach’rous and few,

They’ve been known from time to time

To eat an entity or two.

The towns themselves lie

O’re vast open fields

Numbers protecting all sides

From malcontent and fear

The colorful dances,

The beautiful songs

Saddle Arabia is where

I come from.

A small village for farming,

A traveller’s rest,

At which I found

I was once at it’s head.

A chief among healers

of body, mind, and soul.

A shaman, they called me,

in that time long ago.

I trained my replacement,

Having found myself uncontent,

And though there were sad faces

I could not repent

I was itching to move on,

That time was to part

The dusty sand basin

Was not the home of my heart.

I followed this trail

And others just like it;

I followed my heart

To find it’s last call,

And I hope that I’ve found it, once and for all..

The town here is nice,

And though I’ve lost stature

I’ve gained many friends

On this perilous venture.

And perhaps if we’re lucky,

I’ve found a bit more.

But perhaps we should focus

On dinner once more.”

The waiter came with their respective dinners as she tried to cover a faint blush. She thanks the waiter, before beginning her meal.

Scilight Paitanibu, on 12 Dec 2014 - 4:13 PM, said:

@Nightwing

"I choose, really, to work in every topic of science and engineering.  I specialize more in a few than others, but I do all." Scilight replied gleefully.  It soon became obvious to him that Twilight knew he was tense, so he responded; "Also, I am not very relaxed, since I am dancing and visiting with the one pony who I absolutely love!" Scilight replied.  He actually did love Twilight, this just wasn't a misinterpreted crush.

Twilight blushes, “Uhehe, well… Hmm…” She didn’t really know quite how to handle all this, “Uhh, Scilight… Do you have any favorite areas of science? I was hoping to try to get to know you better…?”

Comet Tail, on 18 Dec 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

Task accomplished: Hot Cocoa times three acquired. Now for the final phase of the operation:

I take a sip of my own, then levitate over a second cup I had bought to just in front of her (careful to not have her crash into it in her focus) as I call; "Hey, there." I pause to smile and lift the second cup up to her in an offering gesture. "I got this for you. And one for Spike. Buuut I guess he's not coming? Oh, and I think I've got some extra room in my saddlebags if you need it for all that stationery..."

She looks up from her book, but it takes a moment for her eyes to focus. When they do, she blushes briefly and snaps her book closed, before setting it away and levitating her hot chocolate in front of her, “Thanks. Spike couldn’t come, he’s been working on something for his special somepony. Shall we?”

crisahys, on 18 Dec 2014 - 9:52 PM, said:

Veiled Spike looks to her right finding Applejack sitting next to her. Veil said, "Hey Applejack! glad you found me and decide to watch the show with me!" Veil smiles a heavy grin and then looks at the stage to watch the rest of the show while eating the last bite of the first hot dog and took a sip of her own soda.

“Not a problem. Now shh, they’re starting.” The pony Tunes sing their first set, and the curtains close for intermission. Applejack goes in search of some food, leaving you with a decision to make as to what next to do.

(My Bad, I thought Luna was wishing luck ^.^")

As soon as Steelhide made contact with the floor he turned his momentum into a roll, getting right back up on all four hooves. He eyed the surrounding perimeter. No obstacles to give either of them an advantage. However, Steelhide also knew he was at a disadvantage given that Luna did have magic. Steelhide swung a high feint at Luna's head before changing the direction of the swing to her exposed legs.

Paradox stays there for a while, happy that Puff is, well, happy. But after a while, something begins to unnerve him. "Hey, Puff? Where is everypony else? I mean, I'm enjoying our alone time, don't get me wrong, but doesn't it seem a bit... quiet?" He looks over at her, a bit worried.

“Not a problem. Now shh, they’re starting.” The pony Tunes sing their first set, and the curtains close for intermission. Applejack goes in search of some food, leaving you with a decision to make as to what next to do.

Veiled Spike waits at her seat for Applejack to come back with food while drawing the scenery for ideas for her upcoming galleries and collaborations. She then thought about a fellow artist and best friend, Scarred Rhythym, a jersey devil with a good heart. Just as she is stuck on cloud nine, she snaps herself out and looks around to see if Applejack came back with food. The thought turns into just a glimpse that flashes her mind and goes away. 

Edited by crisahys

Your two-step is fine, but how is your swing?” she challenges, as the song changes. And so,with the new song camea new beat and a new dance. All eyes are on the floor as Pinkie get ready for the next song, bouncing to the beat.
Beta gladly accepted this challenge. "Oh sure maiden, my swing is brilliant as the swing set at the Ponyville school." The next song comes on and Beta does the most amazing swinging ever. It tired him out quite a bit as he was slightly out of shape, but he still managed to do it.

Comet Tail, on 18 Dec 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

I take a sip of my own, then levitate over a second cup I had bought to just in front of her (careful to not have her crash into it in her focus) as I call; "Hey, there." I pause to smile and lift the second cup up to her in an offering gesture. "I got this for you. And one for Spike. Buuut I guess he's not coming? Oh, and I think I've got some extra room in my saddlebags if you need it for all that stationery..."

She looks up from her book, but it takes a moment for her eyes to focus. When they do, she blushes briefly and snaps her book closed, before setting it away and levitating her hot chocolate in front of her, “Thanks. Spike couldn’t come, he’s been working on something for his special somepony. Shall we?”

The book catches my attention as she stows it, one of my ears perking up and tracking it away, before turning to her as she talks.

"We shall" I echo. "But, before we head off," I start, "Your bags seemed to be kinda maxed out, there. I think I've got some extra room in mine," I glance back to my right saddlebag, then back to her, "my right bag is a bit heavier than my left, so I wouldn't mind taking some of that weight off..." I pause for a second, sensing the opportunity for a pun, I plan out my next words, "-taking that weight off your chest at all! Or in this case, off your back." I grin a silly grin.

Mental notes:

>ask about what she was reading!

>Spike has a special somepony? Curiouser and curiouser.

>I wonder what books she's got in there?...

HopeTheWanderer, on 11 Dec 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

(You don't have to make up stuff in poems if you don't want to, or at least not all the time )

“I’m far far away

From my home on this day

Where Zebras out number

Ponies at play.

The mornings are hot,

The night is yet cold

Water seems forever draught,

and food forever old.

The trails between towns

Are small, treach’rous and few,

They’ve been known from time to time

To eat an entity or two.

The towns themselves lie

O’re vast open fields

Numbers protecting all sides

From malcontent and fear

The colorful dances,

The beautiful songs

Saddle Arabia is where

I come from.

A small village for farming,

A traveller’s rest,

At which I found

I was once at it’s head.

A chief among healers

of body, mind, and soul.

A shaman, they called me,

in that time long ago.

I trained my replacement,

Having found myself uncontent,

And though there were sad faces

I could not repent

I was itching to move on,

That time was to part

The dusty sand basin

Was not the home of my heart.

I followed this trail

And others just like it;

I followed my heart

To find it’s last call,

And I hope that I’ve found it, once and for all..

The town here is nice,

And though I’ve lost stature

I’ve gained many friends

On this perilous venture.

And perhaps if we’re lucky,

I’ve found a bit more.

But perhaps we should focus

On dinner once more.”

The waiter came with their respective dinners as she tried to cover a faint blush. She thanks the waiter, before beginning her meal.

Hope nodded and took a small bite of his salad. He had known of Saddle Arabia of course, but he did not know that zebras roamed there, but to be fair he knew little about the place as it was. The stallion briefly looked into Zecora's eyes as he ate before looking away, he barely caught her blush, and didn't bother trying to hide his own. "It is beautiful tale, Zecora. And your voice is unlike any I have heard."

@Nightwing

*Scilight stops spinning Twilight, and he allows her to catch a breather, and he explains the answer to her question*

Well, I don't particularly have a favorite interest, but if I absolutely had one, it would have to be along the lines of quantum science, or nuclear science.  They just have so much appeal to me, considering that atomic manipuation is within the lines of quantum science and nuclear science.  Nuclear science, to me at least, seems to involve manipulation of nuclear energy, like say, the sun, and quantum science seems to involve the manipulation of the universe itself!

Psych stepped out of the taxi, spreading his 'sight' on the ground so he could be safe as he stepped down. He turned back and thanked the driver, paying him and asking for the direction for the Canterlot Theatre. As he walked, he spread his 'sight' a bit more, seeing the other ponies running to and fro, and the steps leading up to the theatre came into view. He went up, showing his ticket he got from his parents for hearts warming to the ticket master, and entering the main doors. He finds his seat and rests his mind, his 'sight' fading as he did. Shortly after, the concert began. It was beautiful, the music creating cascading effects in his minds eye. And, of course, the highlight of the concert was the solo by the beautiful Octavia Melody. It made what seemed to be a beautiful soundscape in his head. He decided, after the concert, he would go sneak back and meet her. It finally ended, and he slipped into the back, making his way to her room, when he accidentaly bumped into somepony. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry..." He used his 'sight' to see who he bumped into...

It was her.

Lordav was waiting behind a corner.... HIs heard pounding like a dozen raging stalllions, minutes felt days and days, months. He always admired Sunset, first just as a pony for the courage she had shown when she stood up to Celestia but after the stories from the strange world, it was something completly different. He heard how she helped defeat the sirens and each time he saw a glimpse of her he felt like in heaven. 

"Ok, this is it" he thought, this was the first time he ever asked anypony  out. Taking in a deep breath, he shut his eyes, tried to put on the most confident face he could and started approching Sunset. Each step he took seemed longer and heavier and he felt his neck become as dry as the ands of Saddle Arabia. He got close to here, swallowed, reput his confient face, gasped but as soon as a sond came out of his mouth his tone dropped and all that preparation faded away as, she was looking at him.

"Um... Hello, My name is-is Lordav and i must say i'm a hu-huge admirer of ...yours. I mean I heard everything aobut you... how you helped save that world and... and i was asking myself... I know you don't know me..but... but... If maybe you had no plans foor tonight... i could escor... accompany...you ...to ... maybe ... dinnner...maybe. Of course if you are busy and you cant there's no problems whatsoever..."

As he said the last sentence he took a small backward, tilted his head slightly downwards and put some sort of a smile on his face. This didn't go as planned and he was expecting a negative answer.

• 3 weeks later...

(Here's the new entry. I hope I do better. XP)

Psych was always a bit standoffish. Really, he had every reason to be, because it was as if he lived with other ponies emotions, so the only one he felt was truly his was being a little abrasive, not wanting to get close to anypony besides his family. However, that all changed when he heard a certain mare's music...

Psych had been sitting in his room, enjoying his time alone, listening to the radio. As he listened, a deep, beautiful melody came on. As it played, he felt something he only felt when touching somepony else... Happiness. He expected somepony else had just walked by. "Anypony else here?" He asked. When nopony answered, he spread his sight out, walking around the house to see he was truly alone. He grinned and went back to his room, happy that he found something that actually made him, well... happy! After a while, his family came home, and he told them what had happened. They were extremely happy that their son finally found something to make him happy, even offering to buy him tickets to the upcoming concert in Canterlot that played that type of music, which he didn't hesitate to accept. A week later, he was at the concert hall, getting set to listen to the music that made him so happy the first time.

Well, first, he had to listen to the full orchestra. While he enjoyed it, it just wasn't what he had listened to before... he was feeling like leaving, seeing as it just wasn't the same as before...

He got up and was beginning to walk towards the exit when he heard it. The melody that he had heard before. He turned back, stunned that it was the same song he had heard before. He sat down, thinking, 'I really want to see who is playing...' He knew it would tire him out, but he just had to see. He spread out his sight out, looking towards the stage. What he saw was the most beautiful mare that he had ever seen. She was elegantly standing, leaning against the cello next to her, playing the most beautiful music Psych had ever heard. "She's... beautiful..." He whispered to himself. "I... I have to meet her..." Soon after, the song ended, and he joined in the standing applause. While everypony was leaving, however, he attempted to sneak into the back room. With his sight, he saw the backstage door was not guarded, so he snuck back to the back. He tried to blend in, trying to look like he belonged, while he looked for this mare. When he did, he quietly walked up to her and tried to get her attention, saying, "Um, h-hello miss... I heard you playing up there, and I thought it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard... a-and it was played by the most beautiful mare I've ever seen..." He felt himself blushing. "M-my name is Psych, by the way..."

(I hope that's better. I know its really long, but...)

• Brohoof 1

The Shadow Stallion, on 22 Dec 2014 - 4:06 PM, said:

(My Bad, I thought Luna was wishing luck ^.^")

As soon as Steelhide made contact with the floor he turned his momentum into a roll, getting right back up on all four hooves. He eyed the surrounding perimeter. No obstacles to give either of them an advantage. However, Steelhide also knew he was at a disadvantage given that Luna did have magic. Steelhide swung a high feint at Luna's head before changing the direction of the swing to her exposed legs.

Luna shoved him back, ruining the balance needed for that form of maneuvering. She nodded to herself a moment, before lowering her sword point and thrusting at Steelhide. She seemed to be testing him.

Count Paradox, on 22 Dec 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

Paradox stays there for a while, happy that Puff is, well, happy. But after a while, something begins to unnerve him. "Hey, Puff? Where is everypony else? I mean, I'm enjoying our alone time, don't get me wrong, but doesn't it seem a bit... quiet?" He looks over at her, a bit worried.

(Not sure if you wanted to continue this, but if you do here’s the reply.)

Puff tilted her head puzzledly, and looks around. Frowning, she begins walking around to look for ponies. You hear a faint twang and see something you hadn’t seen before- a thin, black wire that Puff just stepped on. Suddenly, you are pounced on by Twilight and Chrysalis. Puff turns around and makes happy squee noises, before jumping on you as well to hug you.

crisahys, on 24 Dec 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Veiled Spike waits at her seat for Applejack to come back with food while drawing the scenery for ideas for her upcoming galleries and collaborations. She then thought about a fellow artist and best friend, Scarred Rhythym, a jersey devil with a good heart. Just as she is stuck on cloud nine, she snaps herself out and looks around to see if Applejack came back with food. The thought turns into just a glimpse that flashes her mind and goes away.

Applejack comes back with a smile and sits down next to you. Intermission ends and the Pony Tones begin singing again. She passes you a carmel apple on a stick and watches her brother sing.

ChikoritaBrony, on 24 Dec 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

Beta gladly accepted this challenge. "Oh sure maiden, my swing is brilliant as the swing set at the Ponyville school." The next song comes on and Beta does the most amazing swinging ever. It tired him out quite a bit as he was slightly out of shape, but he still managed to do it.

Pinkie laughs and swings next to him. By this time, the party was pretty   much over. The cupcakes were mostly gone, most of the ponies had left, and the stragglers seemed on the way out. Pinkie smiled as she turned off the music, allowing you a break from the dancing.

Comet Tail, on 25 Dec 2014 - 3:13 PM, said:

The book catches my attention as she stows it, one of my ears perking up and tracking it away, before turning to her as she talks.

"We shall" I echo. "But, before we head off," I start, "Your bags seemed to be kinda maxed out, there. I think I've got some extra room in mine," I glance back to my right saddlebag, then back to her, "my right bag is a bit heavier than my left, so I wouldn't mind taking some of that weight off..." I pause for a second, sensing the opportunity for a pun, I plan out my next words, "-taking that weight off your chest at all! Or in this case, off your back." I grin a silly grin.

Mental notes:

>ask about what she was reading!

>Spike has a special somepony? Curiouser and curiouser.

>I wonder what books she's got in there?...

She blushes, “Th-that’s alright, really. This stuff isn’t all that heavy. Actually, most of it is meant to make a place feel like home.” The train whistles long and loud. “Come on, before it leaves.” She takes your hoof and half-guides, half-drags you onto the train.

HopeTheWanderer, on 26 Dec 2014 - 6:29 PM, said:

Hope nodded and took a small bite of his salad. He had known of Saddle Arabia of course, but he did not know that zebras roamed there, but to be fair he knew little about the place as it was. The stallion briefly looked into Zecora's eyes as he ate before looking away, he barely caught her blush, and didn't bother trying to hide his own. "It is beautiful tale, Zecora. And your voice is unlike any I have heard."

She blushes, “Be that good, or be that bad, lets hope my voice won’t find you sad. Now what of you, my date-night dasher. What lead you to me, late-night crasher.” She grins and winks at you, nearly done with her food.

That Horse, on 29 Dec 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

@Nightwing

*Scilight stops spinning Twilight, and he allows her to catch a breather, and he explains the answer to her question*

Well, I don't particularly have a favorite interest, but if I absolutely had one, it would have to be along the lines of quantum science, or nuclear science.  They just have so much appeal to me, considering that atomic manipuation is within the lines of quantum science and nuclear science.  Nuclear science, to me at least, seems to involve manipulation of nuclear energy, like say, the sun, and quantum science seems to involve the manipulation of the universe itself!

“Nuclear energy as we understand it usually involves the fission of small atoms to make a chain reaction. Such means could be used to manipulate the universe, as the fission creates new, but smaller atoms. Quantum science also has to do with the manipulation of energy. Both are intense and new fields of study. What do you like about them?”

Count Paradox, on 21 Jan 2015 - 3:03 PM, said:

(Here's the new entry. I hope I do better. XP)

Psych was always a bit standoffish. Really, he had every reason to be, because it was as if he lived with other ponies emotions, so the only one he felt was truly his was being a little abrasive, not wanting to get close to anypony besides his family. However, that all changed when he heard a certain mare's music...

Psych had been sitting in his room, enjoying his time alone, listening to the radio. As he listened, a deep, beautiful melody came on. As it played, he felt something he only felt when touching somepony else... Happiness. He expected somepony else had just walked by. "Anypony else here?" He asked. When nopony answered, he spread his sight out, walking around the house to see he was truly alone. He grinned and went back to his room, happy that he found something that actually made him, well... happy! After a while, his family came home, and he told them what had happened. They were extremely happy that their son finally found something to make him happy, even offering to buy him tickets to the upcoming concert in Canterlot that played that type of music, which he didn't hesitate to accept. A week later, he was at the concert hall, getting set to listen to the music that made him so happy the first time.

Well, first, he had to listen to the full orchestra. While he enjoyed it, it just wasn't what he had listened to before... he was feeling like leaving, seeing as it just wasn't the same as before...

He got up and was beginning to walk towards the exit when he heard it. The melody that he had heard before. He turned back, stunned that it was the same song he had heard before. He sat down, thinking, 'I really want to see who is playing...' He knew it would tire him out, but he just had to see. He spread out his sight out, looking towards the stage. What he saw was the most beautiful mare that he had ever seen. She was elegantly standing, leaning against the cello next to her, playing the most beautiful music Psych had ever heard. "She's... beautiful..." He whispered to himself. "I... I have to meet her..." Soon after, the song ended, and he joined in the standing applause. While everypony was leaving, however, he attempted to sneak into the back room. With his sight, he saw the backstage door was not guarded, so he snuck back to the back. He tried to blend in, trying to look like he belonged, while he looked for this mare. When he did, he quietly walked up to her and tried to get her attention, saying, "Um, h-hello miss... I heard you playing up there, and I thought it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard... a-and it was played by the most beautiful mare I've ever seen..." He felt himself blushing. "M-my name is Psych, by the way..."

(I hope that's better. I know its really long, but...)

(Why Doxy, why would you apologize for length?)

Her eyes widen, and she bites her lip. A cross between a smile, a blush, and a question crosses her face. However, she also knows you’re not supposed to be back there. “Psych, is it? Come with me, please.” She leads you further back stage. It feels a little colder, and the noises of talking, walking, and mingling fade a bit. You hear a slightly squeaky door open, followed by the echo of hoof on polished cobblestone and feel a slight rush as she passes close by into the room. You can tell it’s not very big, and judging from the draft there’s a window to your right. She closes the door behind you and moves to the window. Blushing, you sense her awkwardly trying to think about what to say, before asking, “The most beautiful mare you’ve ever seen? That’s a… strong way of expressing yourself.”

@@Lordav

Lordav was waiting behind a corner.... HIs heard pounding like a dozen raging stalllions, minutes felt days and days, months. He always admired Sunset, first just as a pony for the courage she had shown when she stood up to Celestia but after the stories from the strange world, it was something completely different. He heard how she helped defeat the sirens and each time he saw a glimpse of her he felt like in heaven.

"Ok, this is it" he thought, this was the first time he ever asked anypony  out. Taking in a deep breath, he shut his eyes, tried to put on the most confident face he could and started approching Sunset. Each step he took seemed longer and heavier and he felt his neck become as dry as the sands of Saddle Arabia. He got close to here, swallowed, reput his confident face, gasped but as soon as a sound came out of his mouth his tone dropped and all that preparation faded away as, she was looking at him.

"Um... Hello, My name is-is Lordav and i must say i'm a hu-huge admirer of ...yours. I mean I heard everything about you... how you helped save that world and... and i was asking myself... I know you don't know me..but... but... If maybe you had no plans for tonight... i could escort... accompany...you ...to ... maybe ... dinner...maybe. Of course if you are busy and you can’t there's no problems whatsoever..."

As he said the last sentence he took a small backward, tilted his head slightly downwards and put some sort of a smile on his face. This didn't go as planned and he was expecting a negative answer.

She looks at you, then looks at Twilight (who you hadn’t noticed she was with). Twilight nods encouragingly, and so Sunset turns to you and offers an awkward, unsure smile, “Umm, sure. Dinner sounds… Nice. It’ll be good to see how Canterlot has changed.” You get the feeling that the awkwardness and lack of confidence weren’t really direct at you, however it is very clear that she’s fairly nervous.

(Sure, I'll go ahead and continue both.)

Completely caught off guard, Dox let out a startled "Eep!" Before realising that it was just Twi and Chrissy. "Sheesh, you two scared me for a minute!" He smiled as Puff got in on the group hug, nuzzling her and kissing her nose.

Psych looks down, blushing. "I-its true. I've never seen a mare as beautiful as you are... And your music is beautiful as well... It was my favorite part of the concert." He paws at the ground with his hoof, embarrassed, to say in the least. "I-I'm sorry for coming back here, I know this place is only meant for staff and performers, but I just had to meet you... I'm just glad that I could actually find you... There were so many ponies moving around backstage that it was hard to focus and see who they were." He gave a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry. I'm sure you have many ponies tell you that you are beautiful... I'm probably just part of a large group... I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I'll be going now..." He turned to leave, forgetting to spread his sight out, and... walked right into the door. "Ow! That hurt!" He fell backwards, his eyes clenched shut in pain, tears forming at the sides of them as he rubbed his injured snout.

Edited by Count Paradox

Pinkie laughs and swings next to him. By this time, the party was pretty   much over. The cupcakes were mostly gone, most of the ponies had left, and the stragglers seemed on the way out. Pinkie smiled as she turned off the music, allowing you a break from the dancing.  
Beta looks around, seeing that they were practically alone. Beta then approaches Pinkie. He starts awkwardly talking to her. "So um Pinkie. Since we are now practically alone, wanna say hang out here at the party? I've been told I'm quite a riot to hang out with,